Microphone not working

Users who are viewing this thread

socks

Master Knight
I have a Sennheiser PC 151 and its microphone has recently stopped working. I have Windows 7. According to troubleshooting and the properties setting of the sound menu there isn't a problem, but as you can see in the screencap (by the empty bars to the right) the microphone is receiving no sound. Almost all the resolved issues with PC 151 or just a mic on Windows in general that I found via google seemed to involve Windows not detecting the mike, which is not the case here. Any ideas?

2tyec.png

My set of Sennheisers did this recently. I think I ****ed up the wiring in the boom arm, as it feels very stiff and not at all how it used to be. I bought a new mic, and it's amazing.

Check you've got your input/output settings correct, whether the jacks are in the correct slot, update drivers e.t.c. All the usual, easily fixed problems.

Sir Hitson Winsler said:
Is it possible that the wiring is buggered?
I had considered it, but how would I be able to tell?

Revilo said:
Check you've got your input/output settings correct, whether the jacks are in the correct slot, update drivers e.t.c. All the usual, easily fixed problems.
Yeah, the jacks are in the right slot and the drivers are up to date. I don't have a damn clue about the input/output settings .. isn't that the Playback/Recording stuff in the window I screencapped?

Another thing to note, this is the second set of PC 151 that's done this (both my father and I got the same set, when my first one stopped working we traded, but his set stopped working for me after a few days).

Maybe something's ****ed up with the wiring, as Burgess suggested, since the jacks are definitely in the right place.

Line-in not being plugged in means **** all. Mine is a flexijack that I toggle between line in and microphone. It's not that.

Socks: Easiest way to tell if it's buggered. Unplug the mic. If it changes to not plugged in, plug it back in, try again. If still no worky; it's ****ed.

The (somewhat) good news is if you can't fix it a replacement attachment mic is only like $5 that can clip onto your headset.

You could also try turning on microphone boost to see if that does anything.

I had my old pc161 sk's for almost 3 years without a problem though and I am running a pc360 set now.

Revilo said:
Your line in isn't plugged in, according to that screenshot.

....you do realize that is his 'recording' tab.

Meh. None of my headsets have had that option - last one had Line Volume and the current one has nothing to do with Line in/out at all.

Back
Top Bottom