Micro transaction for bannerlord. hope it's not true.

Users who are viewing this thread

So is it DLC OR Microtransactions or both, because if its both that doesn't make sense.
Because unless this game is going to be free to play or an MMO microtransactions don't make sense, and I honestly don't see the arguement. Chivalry had that and I thought it was the most out of place thing in a buy to play game ever and I honestly just thought "Ah they are the Tabloid taleworlds so it makes sense they would do something scummy like micros in a buy to play" I'm a huge fan of both capitalism and M&B but I would definitly lose all respect for taleworlds if they put micro transactions in a btp game, remove the Matchmaking system if its to do with that private servers kept warband alive longer then pretty much any other game I've ever heard of, unless its to pay for something like a coop campaign, its like a 28 year old hitting on a drunk 16 year old.

-Download all the content to play the game you payed for
+Ok
-But you cant use all of it
+...
-Pay me

This is a conversation

Death-Zeppelin said:
:facepalm:

nice opinion but remember the devs need to put gas in their tanks to get to work and food on the table to feed their kids same as you (or your parents  :shifty:)

F1pZJ.gif

By June 2019, that number had risen to over 40 million units, with The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt accounting for over half of that figure.

MTX are not required for a game to be successful and rake in money - Look at Warband or The Witcher 3 - Quality at launch followed by post launch expansions > MTX.
Micro-transactions are a short sighted way to inject cash and also get yourself caught in a perpetual cycle of making MTX items for the rest of the games lifetime ala that Fortnite game where devs crunch time every month to have the next months DLC items for kids to buy.

We're talking about Bannerlord, the game that infamously would never come out, you think they're going to be able to hold up an MTX system. They care too much about the quality.

A Redanian Called Boris said:
Death-Zeppelin said:
:facepalm:

nice opinion but remember the devs need to put gas in their tanks to get to work and food on the table to feed their kids same as you (or your parents  :shifty:)

F1pZJ.gif

By June 2019, that number had risen to over 40 million units, with The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt accounting for over half of that figure.

MTX are not required for a game to be successful and rake in money - Look at Warband or The Witcher 3 - Quality at launch followed by post launch expansions > MTX.
Micro-transactions are a short sighted way to inject cash and also get yourself caught in a perpetual cycle of making MTX items for the rest of the games lifetime ala that Fortnite game where devs crunch time every month to have the next months DLC items for kids to buy.

Fortnite also makes a ridiculous amount of money...

Lets not forget that Taleworlds are a business. Making money is the point of a business and games are just the product.

Personally I don't want micro transactions but if they are cosmetic specific then I won't begrudge taleworlds for going that route.

AxiosXiphos said:
Fortnite also makes a ridiculous amount of money...

Lets not forget that Taleworlds are a business. Making money is the point of a business and games are just the product.

Personally I don't want micro transactions but if they are cosmetic specific then I won't begrudge taleworlds for going that route.

You seriously think M&B, a niche game, is going to dethrone Fortnite? No, it won't. It will result in preying on a few overly dedicated members of the community to become the games Whales rather than focusing on the games actual content is that a good solution? Drain a few peoples pockets to fund what? It isn't a F2P game as far as we know so there are sales.

MTX are a vile practice which are targeted at those with minimal financial control. It's despicable, short sighted and very unlikely to work for such a game in the same way as a game like Fortnite's has.

There was a game's industry before MTX, believe it or not.

Micro transactions are only acceptable for free games, e.g Path of Exile, Warframe & More. The second you charge full price for a game and then add MT aswell, you're gaining Electronic Arts reputation for being a greedy suit corporation, not a games company.

I don't even want to think about them adding loot boxes, that really will be the biggest **** you to all of us.

If the microtransactions only buy you cosmetics in multiplayer then I honestly am not bothered. I really don't care if someone spent 7$ for gold barding on their knights so they can stomp around in style. Good for them.

If TW follow the Valve model of "random distribution of value" and you have a chance to get a random get "war chests" or something at the end of a match with a random piece of loot then fine, I'll probably equip it or sell it on the steam market. Which any of you can do, so imagine being mad that the game can literally add money to your steam wallet from just playing lmao.

And besides, they have already said they aren't prioritizing the in-game store at this point. Maybe it doesn't even appear before the EA is over. I doubt we will lose valuable developer love for the game over this.

NachoDawg said:
If the microtransactions only buy you cosmetics in multiplayer then I honestly am not bothered. I really don't care if someone spent 7$ for gold barding on their knights so they can stomp around in style. Good for them.

If TW follow the Valve model of "random distribution of value" and you have a chance to get a random get "war chests" or something at the end of a match with a random piece of loot then fine, I'll probably equip it or sell it on the steam market. Which any of you can do, so imagine being mad that the game can literally add money to your steam wallet from just playing lmao.

And besides, they have already said they aren't prioritizing the in-game store at this point. Maybe it doesn't even appear before the EA is over. I doubt we will lose valuable developer love for the game over this.

As long as it's like a DOTA route then I'm fine with it. Hell I like spending a few quid on DOTA so my heroes can look different to everyone elses. It's a nice feeling but a choice only I make. The question is that it must ONLY be cosmetics.

I do understand everyones resentment and I sympathise. Certainly I would prefer the game without them. But it must be hard being a game developer with wages to pay, offices to rent and shareholders watching you to not be tempted to include a feature that makes an absolute financial bomb!

Also lets remember; the more money the game makes the more content we will get! You may disagree with the practice but if multiplayer cosmetic money pays for a new single player expansion with Naval combat for example... would anyone complain?

AxiosXiphos said:
As long as it's like a DOTA route then I'm fine with it. Hell I like spending a few quid on DOTA so my heroes can look different to everyone elses. It's a nice feeling but a choice only I make. The question is that it must ONLY be cosmetics.

I do understand everyones resentment and I sympathise. Certainly I would prefer the game without them. But it must be hard being a game developer with wages to pay, offices to rent and shareholders watching you to not be tempted to include a feature that makes an absolute financial bomb!

Also lets remember; the more money the game makes the more content we will get! You may disagree with the practice but if multiplayer cosmetic money pays for a new single player expansion with Naval combat for example... would anyone complain?
NachoDawg said:
If the microtransactions only buy you cosmetics in multiplayer then I honestly am not bothered.

Dota, the f2p game. The game that needs them. Bannerlord will have a release price, as thus doesn't need them if it's price is appropriate.

I know he's like Marmite but these are very apt.

Indifference isn't a valid reason for it to exist in a game you pay for. You may well have perfect financial control, and like you many others might only buy that one gold barding skin. But what about those who cannot stop? They're the ones increasing the margins, they're the ones who will be funding that new content, which will cause new content to be sold to them again ad nauseam in order to inflate profits, not development budget. Our sales pay for that.
I'd much rather pay for an expansion than have someone pay for it for me at their expense.

I don't wanna see this in M&B:
i2VxRxm.png

Maybe I am just old, but I used to just buy and game and unlock cosmetic rewards in them for playing it.

Google this seminar: Let’s go whaling: Tricks for monetising mobile game players with free-to-play

I don't think I am empathic enough to care about people spending hundreds of dollars on cosmetics. Unless they are paying for loot boxes with random loot, also known as gambling, then I won't consider it blood on my hands for supporting TW in this.

Cosmetics will also help you recognize your troops in captain mode, which the game is going to need, in my opinion. Random distribution of value would ensure that no one is left out of this in regards to how it affects gameplay.

No Man's Sky managed to be on the top selling list back again just by solely improving their game with no unnecessary charging, yes they got a lot of money on release that allowed them to continue, but any good game with a good quality politic will eventually sell good, microtransactions are just part of games not good enough to survive in the long run and that is a truth(with the exception of free multiplayer games), because that way it doesn't matter if the game will survive the first months, some kiddos with daddy's wallet will always put money on silly cosmetics, allowing companies to repeat the same process in the next half baked game

I am against the "pay to win" system and I am for cosmetics for real money.

I never bought cosmetics myself, but what's the point of forbidding other people to finance my favorite game? Rhetorical question.

If they are willing to pay for beauty, then if they don’t invest in Bannerlord, they will invest it somewhere else.

Those who worry that they will not be able to decorate their character for free - if all cosmetic items are free, then in the future no one will be able to decorate their character (they will not be made).

By the way, in DotA 2 you can download paid skins for free and play with them, but, of course, no one except you will see them (they are local).

Nevertheless, of course, I would like some of the items to be earned for free (or shareware), as in the same Dota 2 / Rust / CS.

p. s. Not a single game that focuses on DLC (even tons of DLC like Paradox or Ubisoft) can compare with the same Dota 2 / CS / Rust. Yes, Bannerlord is not dota 2. That is why the niche is free and with proper implementation Bannerlord can occupy it.

SoulPlayYouTubeRU said:
what's the point of forbidding other people to finance my favorite game? Rhetorical question.

...Basic empathy? The fact that MTX are not needed for games to exist? The fact that it's not going to be a £5 game? The fact that it's just greed? Lots of answers, not particularly rhetorical.

Think EA funnel any ultimate team money into the development of the game? Nope that would be the fact that it's a full price game. All the MTX money is pocketed as profits.

Don't be complacent and let M&B turn into this:

SoulPlayYouTubeRU said:
p. s. Not a single game that focuses on DLC (even tons of DLC like Paradox or Ubisoft) can compare with the same Dota 2 / CS / Rust. Yes, Bannerlord is not dota 2. That is why the niche is free and with proper implementation Bannerlord can occupy it.

2 F2P games (again) both using those gross skin market economies one famously where people gambled under age and Rust another dull survival game (IMO) using community content as purchases like Cs. Remember when Bethesda tried that and people actually spoke up? Literally paid reskin mods.

The niche doesn't need filling, Chiv sold armor and almost nobody bought it apart from a few whales, like every game with MTX - not needed.

I cannot understand the support of MTX no matter how indifferently ... Makes no sense.

SoulPlayYouTubeRU said:
I never bought cosmetics myself, but what's the point of forbidding other people to finance my favorite game? Rhetorical question.
But Im financing the game too buddy, Im literally paying for it before hand, why the hell would I have to pay MORE to enjoy a part of it, why do I have to download content im not even able to use

Supporting content behind a paywall. I remember when this was looked down upon when companies like EA did it. Now i see this same virus being accepted by so many on the forums

Back
Top Bottom