Micro transaction for bannerlord. hope it's not true.

Users who are viewing this thread

Death-Zeppelin said:
Younes said:
Like i said, there are better compromises. DLC is much more content for us, which will make the game more enjoyable and it funds the development of the game.

You are not forced to buy cosmetics, but for a game as bannerlord it first of all does not fit the game and second of all is a scummy move to make profit for low efforts since all the assets are already in the singleplayer.

I suspect your low estimation of this team of software engineers, as is clearly demonstrated in your words, probably doesn't amount to much more than some personal vendetta or grudge harboring. This is the status quo, this is how they sell their business models to investors to get funding for development. it's a finance vs labor compromise, they happen all the time in business.  I'll just go ahead and continue to give them the benefit of the doubt and support them in good faith, because it doesnt cost me anything and feels like the right move

Yeah so you should just bend and take it like a good boy.

You pretend like you work for TW or something. Like stop talking in the name of the company as if you know anything about their finances. YOU ARE THE CONSUMER

caring for the company is one thing, defending bad practices is another

Younes said:
Death-Zeppelin said:
Younes said:
Like i said, there are better compromises. DLC is much more content for us, which will make the game more enjoyable and it funds the development of the game.

You are not forced to buy cosmetics, but for a game as bannerlord it first of all does not fit the game and second of all is a scummy move to make profit for low efforts since all the assets are already in the singleplayer.

I suspect your low estimation of this team of software engineers, as is clearly demonstrated in your words, probably doesn't amount to much more than some personal vendetta or grudge harboring. This is the status quo, this is how they sell their business models to investors to get funding for development. it's a finance vs labor compromise, they happen all the time in business.  I'll just go ahead and continue to give them the benefit of the doubt and support them in good faith, because it doesnt cost me anything and feels like the right move

Yeah so you should just bend and take it like a good boy.

You pretend like you work for TW or something. Like stop talking in the name of the company as if you know anything about their finances. YOU ARE THE CONSUMER

caring for the company is one thing, defending bad practices is another

until I have something to actually criticize other than the idea creators of a game shouldn't have a say in the way they choose to profit from, there simply isn't anything to gain from taking a bad faith stance as you have chosen to do. maybe you understand that one day and save yourself all the sleepless nights  :mrgreen:

Younes said:
Death-Zeppelin said:
Younes said:
Yeah okay you got nothing more to say zeppelin, just had to say so.
you mean, it's over then? woe is me. just when you were starting to convince me

Shouldn't had to have to convince you in the first place for something so simple  :iamamoron:

why do I feel like we are only 1 or 2 degrees away from talking about stalin or the nazis again

People in favor of adding paid skins are ignoring that such a feature just can't thrive well in a game like this, multiplayer mods will surely offer more content than native can even hope for, and they will be free. Taking in mind that current troop customization is basically non-existant apart from character creation, most players wouldn't be all too happy about cosmetic microtransactions.

What's stopping a MP mod from grabbing the attention of these now unhappy players?
Nothing, TW can't really compete with mods that may offer more content for free without heavily limiting the modding options for multiplayer, which would be an absolutely foolish move and face inmediate backlash.

This is a full priced game we're talking about, if you still worry about the developers' income just make a donation, there's no need to harm the multiplayer experience.

Younes said:
TheMonWom said:
I would prefer that dlc is free and cosmetics are paid, and I think the dves are going this model. I think its a good tradeoff, you get new maps, gamemodes and new singleplayer features and dlc and only cost for that is dlc skins paid for by multiplayer players

You just sound like "sacrifice multiplayer for singleplayer"

Taleworlds has massive potential with DLC. Look at warband where napoleonic wars sold nearly as much as the base game and just as a

There are better ways to fund development that are good for us, the consumer.

Well yeah, that is the point. Its a known business secret to sell microtransactions to people that mainly play multiplayer based games. This was proven using analytizal data statistics from movile games. Those kind of people are called "whales" in the industry and they are proven to be more willing to pay for ingame cosmetics, lootcrates, and other virtual goods. If the devs want to maximize profits they need to target the multiplayer audience which is more likely to contain whales, or people with plenty of disposiable income.

The devs already stated that they are collecting data from players in the beta. It won't hurt to have them install simple microtransactions in multiplayer, and gauge the response of the community, sales and profit.

I will not be buying cosmetics and skins for a game I paid full price for, I'd rather have it be unlockable. Heck, I'd be even more for it if the unlock was something like  "Let someone install the game and add your referral code in it to unlock the skin" to push people to advertise the game with their friends.

Klausolus said:
People in favor of adding paid skins are ignoring that such a feature just can't thrive well in a game like this, multiplayer mods will surely offer more content than native can even hope for, and they will be free. Taking in mind that current troop customization is basically non-existant apart from character creation, most players wouldn't be all too happy about cosmetic microtransactions.

What's stopping a MP mod from grabbing the attention of these now unhappy players?
Nothing, TW can't really compete with mods that may offer more content for free without heavily limiting the modding options for multiplayer, which would be an absolutely foolish move and face inmediate backlash.

This is a full priced game we're talking about, if you still worry about the developers' income just make a donation, there's no need to harm the multiplayer experience.

it's not that I support the decision so much as I support their right to make their own choices, that we may not fully understand because we arent fully disclosed to the nature of their internal business structure.  I say this after having arguing red in the face against these changes made in games through out the years, only to see them become the status quo. being that it is the status quo probably has more to do with the decision to do this, than anything... but I am only speculating... unless someone can disclose how their business actually gets funding, that's all I can really do... giving them the benefit of the doubt, I would assume they are doing this apart of some requirement, to get funding they need to continue development . this is one way an investor can earn control of the revenue stream, but sectioning off a piece of the development for private development with a clear profit incentive. if that were the case, what would you have them do instead? release the game as is and hope to earn enough from steam early access to fund more development? or something else?

Death-Zeppelin said:
Klausolus said:

it's not that I support the decision so much as I support their right to make their own choices, that we may not fully understand because we arent fully disclosed to the nature of their internal business structure.  I say this after having arguing red in the face against these changes made in games through out the years, only to see them become the status quo. being that it is the status quo probably has more to do with the decision to do this, than anything... but I am only speculating... unless someone can disclose how their business actually gets funding, that's all I can really do... giving them the benefit of the doubt, I would assume they are doing this apart of some requirement, to get funding they need to continue development . this is one way an investor can earn control of the revenue stream, but sectioning off a piece of the development for private development with a clear profit incentive. if that were the case, what would you have them do instead? release the game as is and hope to earn enough from steam early access to fund more development? or something else?

Release dlc

Younes said:
You mean milk the multiplayer of money while also removing content from it? How can you support this

Nothing is going to be removed, all features will be developed, and nothing is really that changed from Warband. The only feature that will be locked behind for purchase is ingame skins. Everything else, new weapons, new maps, new troops, or gamemodes will be free.

Younes said:
Death-Zeppelin said:
Klausolus said:

Release dlc
Release dlc that hasnt been created, now, on a game that hasnt been released, to continue funding the development that is happening now?  :meh:

Death-Zeppelin said:
Younes said:
Death-Zeppelin said:
Klausolus said:

Release dlc
Release dlc that hasnt been created, now, on a game that hasnt been released, to continue funding the development that is happening now?  :meh:

They lived off warband and other titles for more then 7 years. Last time i checked the studio is still there

Younes said:
They lived off warband and other titles for more then 7 years. Last time i checked the studio is still there
Again, making assumptions about internal business structures you don't actually have any information about. How do you know if anyone in the current development team even has access to those profits? That's not how businesses operate. You start with a project, you give it a budget and a time line and you hire the people to do it. If you don't feel like taking the risk with your finances, that's what investors are for... and these are the kinds of conditions that come with those. you can only be grateful if someone decided to risk their fortune so you shouldnt have to spend as much... to be spiteful because they dont really is too far

Death-Zeppelin said:
Younes said:
Again, making assumptions about internal business structures you don't actually have any information about. How do you know if anyone in the current development team even has access to those profits? That's not how businesses operate. You start with a project, you give it a budget and a time line and you hire the people to do it. If you don't feel like taking the risk with your finances, that's what investors are for... and these are the kinds of conditions that come with those. you can only be grateful if someone decided to risk their fortune so you shouldnt have to spend as much... to be spiteful because they dont really is too far

????

I don't know if you realize but EA is around the corner. With all the hype around it i'm pretty confident the initial sales will be very profitable.

You sound like you're saying TW won't have enough time to make DLC after release. Like honestly what are you talking about?

Like i said, stop talking finance. This is MTX conversation not economics and how a business works 101.
TW already stated they have plans for DLC

Back
Top Bottom