LSP Other Music Michikawa's Celestial Aeon Music Project

Users who are viewing this thread

Michikawa

Recruit
I thought it would be nice to offer some extra music for everbody to use with Mount & Blade. Here are some tunes I've composed myself which I added to the game music repository and an upgraded the music.txt file. Just save the files to the music subdirectory in your game main directory and edit the music.txt in the Data subdirectory accordingly

Last Stand
Angel's Redemption
Passing Twilight
Frozen Silence
New Dawn
Burn Them Down
Fields of Tenerron
Red Fields
Awakening
Straight Into Ambush
Dark Secrets
Dire News
Mount St. Joseph

EDIT:

Commemoration
Lament part 1
Lament part 2
Nightingale
Lucid Dream

and add these lines to your music.txt

warehouse_of_distant_dreams_-_last_stand.mp3 2
essence_-_angels_redemption.mp3 1
essence_-_passing_twilight.mp3 1
essence_-_frozen_silence.mp3 1
essence_-_new_dawn.mp3 1
essence_-_burn_them_down.mp3 2
essence_-_fields_of_tenerron.mp3 2
essence_-_red_fields.mp3 2
essence_-_awakening.mp3 1
essence_-_straight_into_ambush.mp3 3
essence_-_dark_secrets.mp3 3
essence_-_dire_news.mp3 1
Essence_-_Mont_St._Joseph.mp3 1

EDIT:

frozen_silence_-_commemoration.mp3 1
frozen_silence_-_lament_part_1.mp3 1
frozen_silence_-_lament_part_2.mp3 1
frozen_silence_-_nightingale.mp3 1
frozen_silence_-_lucid_dream.mp3 1

You must also add 18 to the value on the first line. Initially it is 8 so if you haven't edited before, it would change to 26

Excellent music, great sound to it. When does it show up though? In battles? Or just all the time?

:grin: Wonderful pieces, they really add to the atmosphere. Thoroughly enjoy/ed/ing.

Thanks guys :smile: Glad to hear you find the soundscapes enjoyable!

HHUK said:
Excellent music, great sound to it. When does it show up though? In battles? Or just all the time?

If I understood correctly the numbers in the music.txt that follow the mp3 names decide that. 1 means cities/wilderness, 2 battles and 3 both. Somebody could confirm this though.

Very nice! Music mods will always be in my M&B :smile:

Anyway why not upload them to mbrepository? :smile:

hey, any chance you could make an installer so that lazy noobs like me don't have to mess around with coding? that would be nice. slap it into the installer, and it would be perfect.

Pellidon said:
hey, any chance you could make an installer so that lazy noobs like me don't have to mess around with coding? that would be nice. slap it into the installer, and it would be perfect.

Good point, I registered at the repository and put a petition for upload going. I made a .rar file with Data and music subdirectories which include the updated music.txt and the mp3 files. The installation would require you to move the rar to the M&B base folder and extract it there with subdirectories and overwrite the old music.txt when asked. Only thing to watch out for is that if you have already included more music in your M&B installation you would have to do the process manually because your music.txt already includes new lines which would be deleted in this process.

By the way, you can find the project homepage in my sig, feel free to browse the music material there if you happen to find more usable tunes. I tried to choose the most appropriate but depending on the atmosphere and possible mods there could be more!

EDIT: Ok, uploading the rar file now!

BOOKMARKED.

People like you who can make music like this remind me why one of my greatest regrets has been not learning to play and read music.  This is wonderful.

Destichado said:
BOOKMARKED.

People like you who can make music like this remind me why one of my greatest regrets has been not learning to play and read music.  This is wonderful.

But it's never too late to begin practising! And nowadays with the current music technology it is quite straight forward to produce music with just normal PC and MIDI-keyboard. You don't have to buy expensive hardware synthesizers, just a sequencer program and software sample libraries.

The mod finished uploading, link to the detailed description here:

https://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?cid=10&id=199

Heres a small tribute i made to Mount and blade, I sent it to Aviticus for a possible M&B trailer. Its still fairly work in prog but good fun :smile:

if your wondering about the vocals I tried to say viva Mount and Blade in Latin... obviously gramatically wrong but yer.. the singing's pretty bad as well but fun.

http://www.savefile.com/files/1774659

Perhaps Michikawa and Rejornorst could put together a joint Music & Vocals Pack?  I like the music I have heard so far, and the vanilla game is pretty boring music-wise. (Not enough variety)  Someday, perhaps the music and sounds could be added to the vanilla game, though I am not sure if that is likely.

Personally, I would love to see the vanilla game become the best game it could through the hands of myself and others.  The thing about it all is that I have a great interest in how games are developed, their histories, and what their effect on the industry is.  I am hoping that many people contribute to Mount & Blade, so that when the full version is finally released the game would have been the effort of a community, more or less.  Hopefully, it would be the sort of model that leads companies to make truly great games in the distant future, since aside from wanting to play those games, I could also feel quite glad in watching the industry to grow into something to be admired. I hope to someday contribute something to the industry, though that may be quite some time before it happens.

Some Impressive tunes Michikawa!

I am a composer myself, listen to a demo of my work here
http://www.eddspc.co.uk/Thecastle.mp3
(and anyone else who's feeling saucy)
Maybe we could do some works together sometime?

Let me know! :smile:
Edd

Back
Top Bottom