LSP Other Music Michikawa's Celestial Aeon Music Project

Users who are viewing this thread

Wonderful tune! I have never managed to create so dynamic and long pieces with strong classical backgrounds, I have always sort of fiddled around with simple and short ideas, kudos to you :smile: The collaboration idea sounds nice, only have to figure a way to implement it in reality...

By the way, added a few new tunes to the first post, sort of minimalistic harp/piano songs. Hopefully they feel appropriate for the general atmosphere.

Thank you for your kind words!

Do you have msn?
add me at [email protected].

Maybe we could work something out!

Here is my latest work, was up late last night finalising it!
http://www.eddspc.co.uk/Winter.mp3

Edd

I myself use a Carillon System:
3.2Ghz
1G RAM

As for software:
ESQL Synphonic Orchestra Silver Edition
Cubase SX 3

Edd

The computer system was about £1000, Cubase around £600, and ESQLSO was about £100.

Total GPB was about £2000 including extras.

I'd prepare about $3000 dollars to be safe. You planning to get a studio?

Blakeley said:
The computer system was about £1000, Cubase around £600, and ESQLSO was about £100.

Total GPB was about £2000 including extras.

I'd prepare about $3000 dollars to be safe. You planning to get a studio?

Well i have a 3.0ghz 1 gig Ram pc so i would probably only be looking to get the software. 100 pounds thats about 300 AUS max i think probably around 290 AUS.

Thats not as  pricey as I thought it might be but still hefty on the wallet. sounds worth it though :smile:

ESQL SO is certainly worth it - the best for the money you can get! I've seen many packages but none so convincing and versatile.
You can also expand the libraries to higher versions, good for when your budget increases!

Go for it! You can release your creativity to the max with it.

I have to try and find my hotmail account info or make a new one... Oh well.. :smile:

I have Cubase also with Tascam's GigaStudio as a main sampler with various libraries attached to it. Mainly Garritan's Orchestral Strings, Project SAM brass/percussion and some demo material from Vienna Orchestral Libraries. Can't remember the total sums exactly, but it is probably something like 1000-1500$ A hefty sum, but if you think of it as a hobby and you can use the tools for years, it isn't nearly as expensive as many normal hobbies people have.

Hope for rebirth brings a tear to my eye.  :cry:

I listen to this music outside of Mount&Blade it's so good. ^_^

I've heard Gigastudio is quite a good choice!
Might have to look it up some day.

Well keep in touch Michikawa :smile:

HHUK said:
Hope for rebirth brings a tear to my eye.  :cry:

I listen to this music outside of Mount&Blade it's so good. ^_^

Yea I agree, its THAT good. Can we get anymore?

Thanks guys :smile:

I try to update the projects as often I can, so either check the project pages every now and then or sign up for the RSS feed. I'm also the lead musician currently in a modding team which aspires to create an unofficial ending for the marvelous computer RPG series Ultima by Origin systems. Currently the team is working really steadily and fast so we have hope for winter 2006 release, but time will tell how it goes. When the project is finished and published the soundtrack will be released in mp3 format. I have currently composed about 180 minutes of material and there's still lot of work to be done, so it will be quite a bit of music. I'm quite sure that not all of the stuff will be used ingame, but I'll release the whole packet anyways.

:smile:

Yep...good stuff Michikawa, of course in the M&B mood, I realy like "Burn em Down", "Red Fields" and "Straight into Ambush"...the others are great as well. What you did with "Dark Secrets" is brilliant...extremely original and provacative. :grin:

BTW...I could be wrong, but others have said this as well in the extra music thread in the Last Days Mod Sub-Forum, 1 is for towns, 2 for towns and strat map, and 3 for battle scenes only. I have tweaked my music.txt and my fully loaded music folder and that is the way it seams to be working for me. It would be good to have a definitive confirmation of that.

On that subject and just in case Mr. Bubbles does read this....I long for the day when we have more music triggers and variables in that txt file (I hate starting new threads in the suggestion forum)...control over random time between tracks (in seconds) and perhaps even the ability to seperate town and and strat map music.  :cool:

rejenorst...you know I am a fan of yours. I love the "M&B thematic". Realizing that the vocals were probably a lot of fun, it almost sounds like it would be better with no vocals, but like another harmony mixed on top (maybe a higher pitched female choral-no actual words) or in the background...I was sitting there picturing the M&B battle scenes in trailer format...awesome..it's almost there.
I may have already asked you this in another thread, but have you ever listened to the campaign music from Rome:Total War just as some inspirational?...there are good samples on the Rome:Total Realism web site.

Hey there, thanks :smile: Yeah I have heard the campaign music for RTW :grin:

Im not doing any music for M&B though what i made was just for a potential trailer. The music would be way out of place ingame :0

I'm seriously considering buying the software you mentioned, Blakely..

Seeing as how I'm dropping out of my high school band next year, this might be a great alternative. Maybe I can still go to the concerts and get some ideas from those, eh?

I've always loved music, and the software you mentioned seems like a great opportunity for me to figure out just how creative I am.

It's great for orchestral sounds! I'm currently writing some music for the Holy War mod, and it's amazing the versatility and dynamics it is possible to achieve with the library.

PM if you need any information.

Edd

Thanks! And I definitely recommend getting that sound library! There's nothing like having a possibility to compose orchestral music in your "home studio" whenever you get the inspiration. No timetables and rush, everything available at the time of need and mood. It is a wonderful thing that the music technology has gotten so far during the past years.

Just a heads up - I had to change the project Essence name to Celestial Aeon Project to avoid possible trademark collisions. Feel free to update the tags if you like.

Back
Top Bottom