Mexxico, I'd value and appreciate your opinion on implementing Casus Belli in Bannerlord

Users who are viewing this thread

If they added diplomacy and free lancer today, tomorrow you would be complaining again. :xf-wink:
And that's bad how? If he sees more potential in the game - which is something obviously TW isn't seeing for some reason - he can complain about the missing stuff which could be added into the game.

If they added diplomacy and free lancer today, tomorrow you would be complaining again. :xf-wink:
Well the game is in EA so we should be complaining, reporting and giving feedback about things in a constructive manner don't you agree? everyone has ideas about what would improve/fix/make the game better and this is a good thing, hope atleast a few of those aren't left for modders and that the devs listen to the community passionated about their game

@mexxico You know I admire you and like many people, you have my respect for you as a professional, passion is evident in you...I love that you share information so openly with us.

Bannerlord is a complex game that is founded upon a structure with very promising modeable possibilities; that's a step that all the fans applaud. Bannerlord in broad strokes is a good game, with a long term future with lights and shadows, but with a future; but I wonder if it's the Bannerlord that everyone has been waiting for... However, and I don't want to create controversy, in general terms the development has been / is being too conservative, in my opinion as a consumer-fan. As I have said in the past, for some game features, you guys have wanted to reinvent the wheel instead of building upon the foundation that you yourselves consolidated in previous installments. And other times you have missed the opportunity to build up from the foundations of warband mod concepts that are utterly essential to the community and that many of us wanted to see implemented in Bannerlord in an analogous way or as an enhanced 2.0 version.

Expectations have long since been lowered, yet some of us are too stubborn and continue providing feedback in the hope™ and belief that some "final touch™ " is still possible :iamamoron:.
TRUTH HAS BEEN SPOKEN.They litteraly went against themself almost at every turn.WHAT WE REALY WANTED is Warband 2.0 + Britanwalda + features,mechanics from several most popular mods.And then just improve,build upon,expand,make some features deeper like Ai being more smart and doing tactics/formations,weedding ceremonies being more grandious/engaging and more expanded upon,more quests/multy layered quests.Many of the features we wanted were just simply all that was in Warband just being more balanced,made work as intended,expanded upon,deppened and additionaly add and expand stuff from several mods and that was about it.Sadly they CONSTANTLY ENDED GOING AGAINST THEMSELF AND AGAINTS THE GRAIN CAUSING MORE PROBLEMS.

Also its not like we as community (early on ever since they released a tease trailer) didnt made lots of wishlists,pointing on mods that had features we wanted,given elaborate lists of what PRECICELY we wanted.We even over years MULTIPLE TIMES gave and said wich mode and what we want and even said multiuple times that just give us Warband 2.0 but expanded have some features more deeper and more imersive,some features to work more properly,some tweeking and to implement more tactics BETTER AI inteligence and shield wall,water warfare from the Brytanwalda and biigger/epic armies (wich we got) but in exchange everything else is so shallow and many things not even in the game wich is sad to see.

No disrespect to the Dev but that decision to not add those cohesive war reasons are again why “accessibility “ is a terrible trend for the die hard loyal fans to a genre . The people who supported and praised the game launching it to its rightful place as an all time great - are now the red headed stepchild as compared to gaining the newer “YouTubed” type who “don’t like complex things”
“We’ll leave it to the modders is now the official byline for these sorts of company shortcuts and IMO its a foul barnyard odor decision

I applaud Mexico trying his best to in a very real sense be our representative as these decisions are weighed at corporate but alas stronger youtubbien forces have prevailed . A shame
ALSO TRUTH.Many things that we see like what like to call GOD LIKE POWERS OF KNOWING EVERYONE AND EVERYTHING IN CALRADIA even when you are lowly peasant and also not needing to go to enter towns/castles/villagers.ALL OF THOSE FEATURES WERE ADDED THAT MOSTLY YOUTUBERS DEMANDED/COSNANTLY YAPPED ABOUT bcs as if i remmemebr correctly i think was Reformist,Paulex or/and some other youtubers were saying how they want more videos to make (due to youtube algorithm) but couldnt bcs it was way to time consuming playing the game and they constantly were saying how they hoped to have lots of things that can help them with videos.Hence we got ALOT SPOONFED features everything on silver plate,everything being so instatenios like you have MAGIC/TELEPORTATION POWERS where you as a low peaseant character are ALL KNOWING GOD who knows everyone and everything in Calradia without even needing to explore the world or interact with NPCs you just instantly know everything who is born litterlay secound ago,who is who,who is related to who right form the beggining there is no insentive/immersion for player to even care about world of Calradia nor its people that live in it.Everything is s easy and shallow and just drains your enthusiasm way sooner than it should.

For example i still till this day play 12TH mod even thou i have crooked so efilled with bugs several year old early version of it but i still keep it bcs it has mechanic where it has gates where you cnat pass if you are enemy so ned to eighte conqer the pass or go around and find oppenings to enter into enemy territory,or feature where you LITTERALY neeed to have certain amount of reputation with the kingdom and lords/vassals to be able to jkust talk with them and then as you talk you slowly get info and being filled/being updated in notes on who is who,what relationship does certain NPCs have.All those things/features gave me incentive/reward to go explore,go join different Kingdoms,talk and try to reach that requiered reputation and standing with thsoe kingdoms so then i can talk to lord NPCs and be able to know them and their family members adn so on.

If any head of Bannerlord read this, please acknowledge that complex games can be, and in fact are as popular. People learn to play games, of course complex games can draw someone out of the game but it can make it so interesting people just want to know what its about. I mean, games like darkest dungeons, Kenshi, CK games, they're all very popular series that drawn people for it's difficulty and the fact that people have to use their brains to play them. I mean, even Dark Souls can be considered complex, do you imagine if that game said, hey, no let's make it a simple coward game just so "everyone" can play it? People of course would have played it but it would have been forgotten once something more interesting came into their hands, actually I argue that those games' complexity IS what made them popular. An spanish youtube recently talked about "what is the definitive game" and it started talking about several games, mentioning what game let you do so much stuff and had so much opportunities and complexities the players would have to deal with and it talked about Bannerlord, saying "it's almost the definitive game, but it's not" to then praise Kenshi instead, and we all know how complex Kenshi is. Of course, I'm not saying Bannerlord should be Kenshi, but it's should be as dynamic, difficult, thought provoking as Kenshi is, instead we have a half baked game that is good, but not perfect, not definitive, just an experience that feels short and it CAN be so much more. I've seen many mods trying to approach the "definitive" status but of course, they can't because they don't have the funds to do so, TW has, stop being cowards and make a good game, not a game that aims to complacent a public that doesn't exist
I think by this point people should send direct letter with the link/messaages from this specific tread to TW company adress cos it seems thats the ONLY WAY they can ACTUALY READ IT or MORE PRECICELY how some/certain higherups can read it cos it realy getting pointles by this point of trying and givin constant lists/in depth lists and stuff and saying what we want then eighter not get it or getting extremly shallow version of what we asked for for many years even before bannerlord was anounced/teased.

You can still blame me for campaign ai mistakes or slow development at snowballing problem:smile: Anyway good night all, it was nice to discuss these...
No you shouldnt be blamed.What i would PERSONALY like/want is if you could GIVE THIS SPECIFIC TREAD to higherups/people in company that decide on what feature gets pass and what not.They and especialy boss should DEFFIENTLY read every single post from this specific tread/topic and see what realy people want/think and things about the decisions made wich are to certain extent dreadfull and dissapointing especialy since WE AS COMMUNITY literaly GAVE exact and SPECIFIC things we wanted and gave links and names of specific mods and features from those mods that we wanted to see in Bannerlord hecke we even before Bannerlord was teased we on youtube and other platforms/sites almost constantly talked about what features we would like in next MB game.I just hope the Boss personlay goes and read EVERY SINGLE thing people here commented about.

You realy are fighting for us and we thank you!!!!.Sadly we arent Elon Musk nor Bezos to have money and buy out TW company and be on the board and actualy direct it how community actualy wanted Bannerlord to be wihc is Warband 2.0 with addintional depth,some additional features,more fiexed and have features from certain/specific mods.

And that's bad how? If he sees more potential in the game - which is something obviously TW isn't seeing for some reason - he can complain about the missing stuff which could be added into the game.
Where did I say it's bad?
My post wasn't serious anyway, hence the smiley. But when he said he expected free lancer and diplomacy it sounded like that's all he expected - which I found funny because we all know that it's not true.

Well the game is in EA so we should be complaining, reporting and giving feedback about things in a constructive manner don't you agree? everyone has ideas about what would improve/fix/make the game better and this is a good thing, hope atleast a few of those aren't left for modders and that the devs listen to the community passionated about their game
Sorry, you missed the point. it wasn't very funny anyway.

Where did I say it's bad?
My post wasn't serious anyway, hence the smiley. But when he said he expected free lancer and diplomacy it sounded like that's all he expected - which I found funny because we all know that it's not true.
Your post says "Whatever TW do, you will complain, stop complaining". This is flaming, you are throwing baits at him to defend his idea out of nowhere. You said ` Some people expected a Kingdom Come - Total War - Crusader Kings - Life Is Feudal - Mediaeval Dynasty - Mount & Blade though ` and he said `I expected diplomacy options and freelancer, the foundation of all good mods for warband.` which is a valid point and don't see the funny element in that.

Arguing is pointless on this. TW isn't listening it's own community anymore for new features. This much is clear I think. TW isn't even listening his own devs on some occasions - so I would say, don't bother to those writing huge Gilgamesh like epics. You can still do it of course, but its extremely likely that you will influence something in this stage of the game. It could work few years ago, but not in EA. If you say do XX and see XX in the game, it's not because you said, but probably they already had it on their backlog. I hope they won't turn this franchise into a mobile game like game at the end, for the sake of simplicity

Your post says "Whatever TW do, you will complain, stop complaining". This is flaming, you are throwing baits at him to defend his idea out of nowhere.
No, that's not what I said. Please read it again. I said you will complain again which is absolutely true and I didn't say there is something wrong with it. I even added a smiley to indicate that he shouldn't take it negatively. Please stop your aggressive attitude and ask before jumping to random conclusions.

You said ` Some people expected a Kingdom Come - Total War - Crusader Kings - Life Is Feudal - Mediaeval Dynasty - Mount & Blade though ` and he said `I expected diplomacy options and freelancer, the foundation of all good mods for warband.` which is a valid point and don't see the funny element in that.

I also said that Bannerlord is still missing lots of mechanics, features and balancing. What I found funny is that I know that he expects more from the game than free lancer and diplomacy.

Yes, "giving orders to clan members" is scheduled. It would help you about this problem at least about village raids. After that we can think more solutions for this problem but first we should implement giving orders to clan members.
@mexxico I would like to express my opinion on what things to implement in Bannerlord. What I want for this game is for it to flourish and become the best game it could possibly be. I want it to be so good that it couldn't get any better. And the game doesn't have to be as complex as CK to be good or anything (although my taste of greatness is probably infinitely detailed games but that's just my opinion) but it is a sandbox game, right? And if it is a sandbox, then the greatness would come from the ability of the player to do whatever they want. If they wanted to be a plague doctor or a smith or a peasant or a lord trying to conquer calradia, it is all fine. If they want to hop on a boat and go down the river and raid whatever village is down the river like raiders, that's fine. My general opinion on this is that if Bannerlord is to be as great as possible, the players needs to be able to do as many different things as they want. I mean that's what they did by modding the hell out of Warband. They added the ability for the player to "do whatever they want to do in this vast mysterious land that is Calradia". I mean that was the premise of the game in the first place, wasn't it? Maybe I got it all wrong.

What I found funny is that I know that he expects more from the game than free lancer and diplomacy.
You said Some people expect this and that. And he clearly said "No, I would expect this and this". And you reacted like "Oh you would complain even if they add them". No different than saying "Stop crying" in a thread - both pointless and directed to a person, not to game or company.
Please stop your aggressive attitude and ask before jumping to random conclusions.
What emoji you put doesn't matter. Your statement is an unrelated and flaming sentence - or unrelated to the thread at least.
I said you will complain again which is absolutely - stop your sarcasm and stop assuming how people will react in different circumstances. Also stop derailing the topic now, if you have an issue and wanna discuss, PM me.

Any chance to implement something slightly better? At least random excuses from a pool of excuses based on the rulers' relationship with each other?
@mexxico When you have time, can I get your comments on this?

You said Some people expect this and that. And he clearly said "No, I would expect this and this". And you reacted like "Oh you would complain even if they add them". No different than saying "Stop crying" in a thread - both pointless and directed to a person, not to game or company.

What emoji you put doesn't matter. Your statement is an unrelated and flaming sentence - or unrelated to the thread at least.
I said you will complain again which is absolutely - stop your sarcasm and stop assuming how people will react in different circumstances. Also stop derailing the topic now, if you have an issue and wanna discuss, PM me.

I read all comments. Lets first add feature of giving some solid real reasons to player explaining why AI chosed this decision. Than cosmetic part can be added too. Probably designers will consider this option too.

I read all comments. Lets first add feature of giving some solid real reasons to player explaining why AI chosed this decision. Than cosmetic part can be added too. Probably designers will consider this option too.
Thanks. Obviously, core logic needs to be implemented first, so that the cosmetic textual pool can be added later on. I hope designers will go with that option to make game more alive ( even though its an illusion )

They litteraly went against themself almost at every turn.WHAT WE REALY WANTED is Warband 2.0 + Britanwalda + features,mechanics.....Sadly they CONSTANTLY ENDED GOING AGAINST THEMSELF AND AGAINTS THE GRAIN CAUSING MORE PROBLEMS.
Yeah. There are lots of modders who independently had tinkered with the design and made awesome adjustments. But to get all the "good things" it is merely impossible. There is always some shortfalls. Like some other guy pointed out, there is a fairly complex aging-marriage system foundation is in the game right now. In my opinion, devs are making changes that are fundamental. the things can break the game in each update. They do some changes and gather some resources about what's happening. I strongly oppose the idea of making some things to look complex. The complexity comes from the basic principles. Well, this doesn't justify the "lack of content". If you want scripted marriages, feasts, casus bellis from some rogue bannerlord there will be a lot of them for the release of the game I guess. I guess from the years of experience on working bannerlord, Devs doesn't go so high on some aspects before they know their work will be absolute.

ALSO TRUTH.Many things that we see like what like to call GOD LIKE POWERS OF KNOWING EVERYONE AND EVERYTHING IN CALRADIA even when you are lowly peasant and also not needing to go to enter towns/castles/villagers.....Everything is s easy and shallow and just drains your enthusiasm way sooner than it should.
To get my point straight, There is literally no difference between knowing all the information about Calradia or knowing just around your clan as an AI decision point. You can filter the ones you have actually meet by simple code for to make immersive touch. And you can even go further and make all events come to you as letters with travel time. The point is; this is not just about immersion. This will complicate the diplomacy even further. The reason we are thinking about Casus Belli is there is an issue about snowballing even within a fundamentally simple setup like this. Imagine the issue of lack of intel on kingdoms. or simply imagine you get a message of your settlement is under siege when you are so far away. The time the message comes to you will be enough for the settlement to fall course no messenger will go at the speed of light.

.... mechanic where it has gates where you cnat pass if you are enemy so ned to either conquer the pass or go around and find openings to enter into enemy territory, or feature where you LITTERALY neeed to have certain amount of reputation with the kingdom and lords/vassals to be able to just talk with them and then as you talk you slowly get info and being filled/being updated in notes on who is who, what relationship does certain NPCs have.
The game is on early access state. So there are people come and go for each update. So the need of grind in order to just talk to some notable is not needed rn. People (me also) want some big ass battles. Some not tedious tactics here and there. Well, I suppose we need to game to be less tedious. But it is not fun when you get something so easily so the game would make us do clever decisions to not do tedious work. This can be achieved by some hard to do quests that are rewarding accordingly.

I think by this point people should send a direct letter with the link/messages from this specific tread to TW company address cos it seems that's the ONLY WAY they can ACTUALLY READ IT or MORE PRECISELY how some/certain higherups can read it cos it really getting pointless by this point of trying and giving constant lists/in-depth lists and stuff and saying what we want then eighter not get it or getting an extremely shallow version of what we asked for many years even before bannerlord was announced/teased.
Its shallow and non deep because it is not finished Nor worked on to be finished.

No you shouldn't be blamed.What i would PERSONALY like/want is if you could GIVE THIS SPECIFIC TREAD to higherups/people in the company that decide on what feature gets pass and what not..
The thing is you are ill-informed about the "Company". Armağan Yavuz is the one owns the company an he is the creator of this game. The issue is not some regular company issue. There is no funders and capitalist who only want to make money. They want to make a good game of course. And they are ready for ones wants to make the game with themselves. M&B bannerlord has become national archivement and there is a lot of pressure to the developers to lead nations game development sector.

I went of the track of this topic a lot. But I have very strong belief of this game to be more greater. Keep on working. Love you all.

Feel free to delete your post if you don't want to be off topic.

No more off topic from anyone, let`s not spoil otherwise a very interesting thread !
Mexxico gave us some amazing insights and possible solutions, which i would love to see implemented (even if it would be de facto artifficial).

Back
Top Bottom