"...met the three teenagers accused of his murder via a medieval video game"

Users who are viewing this thread

Age of Empires II: The Densetsu said:
The game is at fault here. It has been proven many times over that video games cause violence in impressionable young adults.
I agree with you.
bird-with-arms21.jpg

CarpeDiem said:
A pity media make it look like as if it was the game's or gaming community's fault.
Well, it is the Daily Fail, so I'm less upset about that than if it were coming from a more 'respectable' news site.

Callum_TaleWorlds said:
This is extremely sad news. Our thoughts and prayers go out to the Tsang family in these difficult times.
This would mean more if it wasn't cliched to the point of lol-worthiness these days. I'm not picking on you, Callum, but honestly, people need to find more ways of saying the default "we're sorry" message, given how often bad things happen and how often people or organizations feel the need to make a public statement to express their condolences.

Yes it is. But I doubt Callum knows the dead dude or his family well enough to offer a meaningful personalised send off.

Big Bad Pent said:
Yes it is. But I doubt Callum knows the dead dude or his family well enough to offer a meaningful personalised send off.

Pretty crappy to say, I didn't know the guy but it's still sad. We're not the most popular community in gaming but lots of us know each other.

I also didn't know Vitus very well but I know he was a good person and deserved the best send off I could give him.

Well this is pretty terrible. Typical for the DailyMail to make it all about the game and not about the young lad who suffered. My well wishes go out to anyone in the community who knew this man; it is not often we hear of tragedies like this in Warband.

Eladon said:
Well this is pretty terrible. Typical for the DailyMail to make it all about the game and not about the young lad who suffered. My well wishes go out to anyone in the community who knew this man; it is not often we hear of tragedies like this in Warband.

The media is useless and seems to be parroting made up points. The situation doesn't seem to be what most of the people in this thread think it is, because the media has no idea what they're talking about and everyone's going off the information there (because that's all that seems to be out there). Here's the full summary:

3 Mount&Blade Australian community members (Rorschach, Tallion and sweaty) who met each other via Warband (Napoleonic wars specifically if I am correct) moved in together with a 4th man who seems to have no Warband connection to the other 3. The 4th man (his name is Erdogan) was/is a drug dealer. The murdered teenager Justin Tsang seems to have no connection to Mount & Blade or any of the 3 arrested Mount & Blade players according to police (Rorschach was later released by police as he had nothing to do with events). Justin was murdered over what the media calls a "$500 property dispute", but if the police statement is correct; the most likely scenario (and this is speculation) is that the murdered teen was in some drug/property debt to the Drug Dealer Erdogan, and that the Mount & Blade players didn't know the murdered teen at all and only became involved after the kidnapping took place, at their place of residence.

There seems to be zero relation to Mount&Blade whatsoever, other than two of the arrested individuals met each other through the Australian Mount&Blade community. This is based on Police comments and reports, so it's possible there aren't all the facts here.

Back
Top Bottom