Messing with Party Templates

Users who are viewing this thread

Working on some new troop trees for the game and I'm curious about the partytemplates.xml.

I created a Vlandian partytemplates submodule and modified their tree to resemble more of a lance fournies style unit with my modded troops. I then go into a save and search for them, and then check them. Hitting alt crashes the game. Fighting them crashes the game too.

I suspect I should start a new save, but I am curious to know if party templates is something I really should avoid tampering.

Also, what exactly does party templates effect? My assumption is that its the amount of troops a lord will spawn with.

Solution
Are you sure all your troops are working, can you open all their encyclopedia pages without crashing?

If it only crashes when you try to interact with a party I would suspect there are corrupt troops in that party.
Have you created and then removed troops (or changed their id) without creating new saves? In that case I would assume they have some of the removed troops in the party which causes the crashes.

It should be safe to mess with party templates, I often change looter templates to be much bigger and have no issues with the changes for existing saves.

If you have removed a troop/item etc. I would recommend starting a new save.
Are you sure all your troops are working, can you open all their encyclopedia pages without crashing?

If it only crashes when you try to interact with a party I would suspect there are corrupt troops in that party.
Have you created and then removed troops (or changed their id) without creating new saves? In that case I would assume they have some of the removed troops in the party which causes the crashes.

It should be safe to mess with party templates, I often change looter templates to be much bigger and have no issues with the changes for existing saves.

If you have removed a troop/item etc. I would recommend starting a new save.

Upvote 0
Solution
I made a new save and tested things out with a working troop tree. Seems like things do work.

Now to make that lance fournies a reality. Once again, big ty.

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom