Meshes

Users who are viewing this thread

wzWire

Recruit
Pretty simple question, is it possible for you to have a mesh of an item be different in the marketplace/your inventory then it is in game? Can I have two separate meshes for one item, one that will show up in my inventory and the inventory of the marketplaces, and have a different mesh of the same item for when in battle?

If so, how?

Yes there is, but you will need to use the module system for that. Learn how to install it, then edit the file named module items

["leather_gloves_test","Inventory mesh test Leather Gloves", [("leather_gloves_L",0),("gauntlets_Lx", ixmesh_inventory)], itp_merchandise|itp_type_hand_armor,0,
90, weight(0.25)|abundance(120)|body_armor(2)|difficulty(0),imodbits_cloth],
The highlited part of the text is what you should add to any item you want to have a different inventory mesh. Here, just as an example, it shows a plate bracer on the inventory, but is a normal leather glove once in game. They key is using the ixmesh_inventory flag, which determines what mesh showns up at the inventory.

I hope it helps. You can plug this into your module_items and compile, just to test it

Thank you, this is my first mod where i'm completely overhauling the game, and i'm still new to some parts of the module system

If you feel really lost about the module system, dowload the header_.py files from Lav's module system (search about this one around the forum.

There is a lot of stuff explained there, how lines of code work and what they do

Back
Top Bottom