i was wondering :

Whats the best merc marksman ?

best infantry ?

best cavalry ?

i mean like the euro troops , polish mercs , from the camps basically

thanks

Swedish/European infantry mercs would be the best I think

Best Heavy Cav is probably the Polish mercs

And for marksman, Im not sure which one would be better.

I hate to sound ignorant, but when I started, I decided that I would fight for the Kingdom of Sweden. Subsequently, I loaded up with ten marksmen, cavalry, and infantry units. I've done fine so far, but when I become a vassal I'll care a bit more about my troop types.

I don't know, I spose the easiest way is to hire from each merc camp and check their stats. Chances are that their stats are already listed somewhere here or elsewhere on the net.

But I do know that if you upgrade them, particularly their armour, any merc will do very well but it gets expensive once you're talking 100+ guys at a time.

Most of my everyday expendable/cannon fodder armies are freed captives. I generally stash any high-tiered captured troops in one of my cities.  When I undertake a serious offensive campaign I recruit only the high-tier troops.

Lord Doom said:
But I do know that if you upgrade them, particularly their armour, any merc will do very well but it gets expensive once you're talking 100+ guys at a time.

Yeah, that's why once you have 100+ troops you seriously need to join a faction, or become a complete trader, otherwise you are gonna get pounded and lose all of your money.

Once you join a faction, you can recruit good troops from your factions' cities, which cost less and are better.

Back
Top Bottom