Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Beta
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.
1dOCTEe.jpg

Some clarification to the above:

The original quest was to deliver 19 one-handed axes.
TOP picture is after quest completion
BOTTOM picture is before the final meeting to hand over the weapons.
pics were taken 20s apart.

Anyone notice a problem here?

I have noticed many times in the past (past versions, many weeks ago even) that when talking to a merchant who has requested weapons, and selecting the option to finally deliver the weapons that you've accumulated for them,
they just take some random weapons in your inventory, which may or may not be one-handed axes.

Now I first thought this could be an exploit, as one could conceivably set up a bunch of junk weapons (like looter's sickles) and sell them for a great profit, while he leaves behind the actual "good" weapons that you spent money to buy for him...

** HOWEVER **

The flip side of this is that you have no control whatsoever over what they choose to take - even if it has nothing to do with the weapon types they requested.

This explains the few times I have noticed weapons missing from my inventory without explanation,
but thought I may have accidentally sold them or given them to a complanion....

NO! THIS Quest is the reason they have vanished!

Items like Stacked Western Arrows (worth 8K+ gold) and high-end spears (worth 4K+ gold) and Crafted 2H swords (worth 12K+ gold) have "gone missing" in the same way... while the weapons I have specifically bought for the quest remain untouched.

"Locking" the items make no difference whatsoever, as I believe that mechanic is also broken.

****************************************************************************************************************
SUGGESTION:
Can we please make a separate section in the inventory for a player's "personal items" that are not for selling, not for trade, and not for quests?
****************************************************************************************************************

I have been informed that this issue is fixed on our development branch and the fix will be implemented with the upcoming patches. Thanks for reporting!

Back
Top Bottom