Mercenary Contract Length?

Users who are viewing this thread

Just entered into a contract myself.
Tried to look around for a quest for it like in Warband, nothing there.

But if you go into the Kingdom page (K) there should be a button at the top saying 'Leave faction' or something like that.

Try it.

I started wondering this myself and I do think using the leave faction works, but if you're trying to become a vassal I believe you need 150 renown and you just talk to the leader and it will give you a option to be more than a mercenary.

I know I can leave the faction at the penalty of a huge hit to all relations with all lords within that faction, but mercenary contracts are supposed to expire after some time, letting you exit the contract without any penalty. The whole point of working as a mercenary is to build renown and relations without committing to a faction.

Can confirm, the contract never expires and breaking it incurs the same penalties as breaking vassalage.

I think it´s a bug. There´s no difference living a faction as vassal or ass mercenary. There´s no "contract" at all. You still get bad reactions of the lords. Lords should be grateful for you mercenary service :razz:

Dammit. I started today over with intention to switch sides as mercenary when neeeed to help losing faction. Ofcourse i am currently in faction i dont even like. It was just in need of my service :grin:

Just joined Western Empire as mercenary cuz thinking that it will expire peacefully. As a Vlandian, I'm not planning to serve the empire but just trying to build some renown. Was planning to join Southern Empire after Western but sounds like I'll have to break relations with Western Empire.. Sad..

Just joined Western Empire as mercenary cuz thinking that it will expire peacefully. As a Vlandian, I'm not planning to serve the empire but just trying to build some renown. Was planning to join Southern Empire after Western but sounds like I'll have to break relations with Western Empire.. Sad..
You can load the aforementioned mod, wait for the contract to run out (max 30 days) then stop including the mod. Very convenient, used it myself

Back
Top Bottom