Mercenaries never have enough troops

Users who are viewing this thread

Further to my last post, I finally managed to found my Kingdom as an Independent Mercenary holding Tyal!

The only, massive, issue I have now is - I'm absolutely haemorrhaging money, I've given Nathanos and another companion with high steward skills their own parties. Every single time I sign a mercenary contract with a smaller clan, their parties do not have the right percentage to join my army - leading to them leaving my kingdom within a day or two cause I haven't been able to pay them, cause I haven't called them into an army...

Is there any way to fix this?

Limiting how much they can recruit by the party sliders to keep them from bankrupting you
Passive income from workshops, caravans, spring of gold steward perk, your town
Active income from smithing and battles

Limiting how much they can recruit by the party sliders to keep them from bankrupting you
Passive income from workshops, caravans, spring of gold steward perk, your town
Active income from smithing and battles
I'm more concerned about how to actually get Mercenaries to join my army, instead of being constantly undermanned - that would save me a tonne on having companion parties.

I'm making an income from battles, but having the companion parties is incredibly limiting - as the most I can raise across my entire Kingdom is 499 troops.

ah apologies. I misunderstood. I got caught up on the “hemorrhaging money/can’t pay” part

I tend to make new clans from companions or recruit clans. I don’t trust mercenary clans very much as they seem so quick to drop on the AI
I'm more concerned about how to actually get Mercenaries to join my army, instead of being constantly undermanned - that would save me a tonne on having companion parties.

I'm making an income from battles, but having the companion parties is incredibly limiting - as the most I can raise across my entire Kingdom is 499 troops.

ah apologies. I misunderstood. I got caught up on the “hemorrhaging money/can’t pay” part

I tend to make new clans from companions or recruit clans. I don’t trust mercenary clans very much as they seem so quick to drop on the AI

No worries :smile:
Yeah they drop out so quick, I wonder if there's any mods that aim to make it a 30 day contract, like that player is forced into

Back
Top Bottom