e1.7.0.
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.
Dump identifier (optional)
-
Summary:
All mercenaries are poor or very poor all the time. Because of this parties are 20-40 troops and almost useless. There have already been many wars (700 days). I assume this is because they leave the kingdom even when they have a lot of influence. They don't wait for daily payouts and go to another kingdom and start with 0 influence. I think the new kingdom has to pay off the debts of the previous kingdom with influence or immediately with gold. Otherwise mercenaries will not change kingdoms.

P.S.:
The regular clans are also mostly poor. It's rare to find a average level of wealth or higher. You have to give money to the clans yourself.

How to Reproduce:
Hire mercenaries, give them influence and wait for them to leave.

Have you used cheats and if so which: -
Scene Name (if related): -
Media (Screenshots & Video): -

Noticed that aswell, I have hired 4 mercs (minor factions) and 2 of them left immediately for no reason. And I have even dumped quite a coin into them so they can recruit some troops as they had barely 40 men.

I can confirm this, they have nerfed the income of all clans(AI) too hard imo.

I too have all those 15-20 men parties running around, I acutally have Battania being super poor.
When I go talk to their lords, most of them have 0 denars.
Maruath have 75 garrison due to "unpaid" wages(still got plenty of milita).
Caladog have 0 denars.

But yah the mercs are superdirty poor it seems.
They should perhaps have had a different solution to the mercs on how they are paid, like x denars pr day regardless and the influence part only apply for player, or be "bonus" for the ai-mercs.

I can confirm this, they have nerfed the income of all clans(AI) too hard imo.

I too have all those 15-20 men parties running around, I acutally have Battania being super poor.
When I go talk to their lords, most of them have 0 denars.
Maruath have 75 garrison due to "unpaid" wages(still got plenty of milita).
Caladog have 0 denars.

But yah the mercs are superdirty poor it seems.
They should perhaps have had a different solution to the mercs on how they are paid, like x denars pr day regardless and the influence part only apply for player, or be "bonus" for the ai-mercs.
Running modded game?

Running modded game?
Never, used mods.

Dont get me wrong I've seen some merc parties at time who had more than 100 men in the parties.
Based on sucess of combat etc.

Some Battanian have 100 man parties, but it seems like some of them is ultrapoor.
What I do see is that Battania is getting declared war upon "all the time" so I'm wondering if they end up paying too much tribute - which "bankrupt them".
Khuzait also seem to struggle hard with finances(but thats in another topic, and so kind of is Battania).

But back to the point, the merc companies generally tend to struggle to form big parties after their inital defeat in my games.
Very rare to see them with 100+ after the first 2-3 yrs.

Summary:
All mercenaries are poor or very poor all the time. Because of this parties are 20-40 troops and almost useless. There have already been many wars (700 days). I assume this is because they leave the kingdom even when they have a lot of influence. They don't wait for daily payouts and go to another kingdom and start with 0 influence. I think the new kingdom has to pay off the debts of the previous kingdom with influence or immediately with gold. Otherwise mercenaries will not change kingdoms.

P.S.:
The regular clans are also mostly poor. It's rare to find a average level of wealth or higher. You have to give money to the clans yourself.

How to Reproduce:
Hire mercenaries, give them influence and wait for them to leave.

Have you used cheats and if so which: -
Scene Name (if related): -
Media (Screenshots & Video): -
This is because the mercenary clan pays their current faction's debts.
So if a mercenary clan is rich and then joins a faction who is in the debts, the mercenary clan has to pay all the debts of this faction, cause the mercenary clan to become broke to.

Another reason that the mercenary clan feature don't work right, because a mercenary should never pay the debts of his employer.

This is because the mercenary clan pays their current faction's debts.
So if a mercenary clan is rich and then joins a faction who is in the debts, the mercenary clan has to pay all the debts of this faction, cause the mercenary clan to become broke to.

Another reason that the mercenary clan feature don't work right, because a mercenary should never pay the debts of his employer.
Can you add prove to this statement?

Back
Top Bottom