SP Medieval Mercantilism - Version 0.72 (01.11.15 - new download)

Do you prefer troops with faction specific names like Nord Fyrdman or would you prefer Nord Infantri

• I prefer faction specific names. (Nord Fyrdman/Huskarl)

Votes: 80 61.5%
  • I prefer descriptive names. (Nord Infantrie/ Nord Elite Infantrie)

Votes: 41 31.5%
  • I don't care.

Votes: 9 6.9%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Version 0.71 has been uploaded as a Patch to ModDB.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/mercantilism-mod/downloads/patch-to-version-071

Here a small list with the changes in this smaller update. It's not savegame compatible.
To install the patch, simply overwrite the existing files.
  • changes to town menu, now with infos about population and recalculatet relation
  • small changes to troops
  • rhodok lords have new titels
  • kill counter for companions and lords in combat summary screen
  • community buildings (city hall, city baracks, hospital...) can now be upgraded via dialog with the city council
  • city guards can now be recruited from the city guard captain
  • Tournament Play Enhancements by Windyplains implemented
  • many changes to animals and animal products
  • iron smeltes now need iron ore and coal to produce iron
  • charcoal kilns now produce coal from wood
  • sugar beats can now be refined into sugar in a sugar refinerie
  • changes to the initial seed of goods and prices

Have fun playing around.

Just a short update, this week i implemented 2 new ressources:
- Ottoman Civilian Clothes by jacobhinds
-Crusaders Way to Expiation - OSP Pack, the arabs, turks and bandits have been fully implemented, and also tripoli is now used for swadian elite troops and the teuton meshes are now present in the one god religion troop tree :smile:

Here are some Screenshots from the Crusaders Way to Expiation mod, that show the new items.
Cause of my melted grafics card i'm not able to take good screenshots atm, playtesting things on my laptop^^

Sultan Hakims new armor:
b9aa44bf33fc.jpg

New Beduins.
image-954B_4E07A8F0.jpg

The new troops of the Inquisition.
z_f260d329.jpg

The new swadian knight outfit.
f85374f0e174.jpg

A sarranid warrior.
z_e1f8b3dd.jpg

Also the Lords random character is now influenced by theyr culture, swadians and sarranid tend to be more religious for example.

I also found some time to clean up the troop trees, now all troops that emerge from a lower tier have the same level and other smaller changes. Also some new troop types got implemented, to eleminate some death end branches in the trooptrees. So the npc armys should be more balanced now.

And today my treasurer, in the city of Thegensteyn, got killed by some murderes and i was able to vote for a new one from a selection of 3 candidates :smile:

I will try to make some presentations more user friendly (adding some descriptions) and rework the taxing system before i upload the next version. Maybe i will also add the ability to kill and replace city council npcs.

This is getting really feature heavy (not that it wasn't so far) . Really eager for every upcomming update keep up the good work , also I think that there's no real distinction between religious behavior shouldn't be influenced by cultures all of the religions are supposed to be zealous , Nords (Old nordic religion , pagans ) , Swadians (Catholic maybe Protestant ) , Rhodoks (Catholic maybe even the center of Catholicism ) , Sarranids ( Islam ) , Vageirs ( Old Slavic paganism or Orthodox ) , and Kherghits ( Tengrii or Islam Sunni ) , it should be more  character specific rather than cultural , but than again this is a fantasy world and everything is up to speculations , nonetheless  best of luck with the mod and just keep doing what you've been doing so far :grin:

Thanks for your comments.

Just to clarify a small thing an characters religiousness, only shows how firmly the faith is and influences how "fast" they can be converted to another believe.

Atm there are only 3 religions (+ atheism), one mainly for nord and vaegir, one for swadia and rhodok and one for sarranid and khergit. But once i saw Sanjar Khan join the swadian religion, so everythink could happen during a game. :smile:

It affect a kingdom indirectly. People of the same religion get a relation bonus of +20, so they will like each other more. This leads to more stable kingdoms, maybe to stable, need to look into this in the future :smile:

Atheists get a -10 (maybe they can be converted) and members of other religions get an -20 relation mali.

The more religious lords also recrut religious troops into theyr ranks, so some swadian lords also have inqusitional troops (Monks, Kaplans and Crusader Knights) in theyr army. Nord and Vaegir Lords have Berserks and so on.

Atm the player can recrut all religious troops into his army, by talking to a priest of that religion, later this will be limited to the players religion only. I even think about giving the player the ability to recruit the lords of the religious faction, when he showed his devotion to a religion.

Maybe even establishing a religion of his own , similiar to a new kingdom and the domestic laws (like in other mods , and like more detailed ones in yours ) so you can add some more flavor into it , not sure if this is doable . Sounds really interesting so far .

Well an own religion could be implemented really easy, but would it be fun?

It could took some time, doing missions, supporting in battle or bribing with lot's of money, to convince some people bevore it starts spreading or collapses :-/

To make it "your" religion is has to be somehow customizeable, priest male or female - uniform/ offerings or prayers/ religious troops/ templetype/ holy sites - these are the things actual ingame for the other religions, not all of them are customizeable.

I will put it on the possible new features list :smile: It could be complicated but not impossible.

Thanks Caba for moving this thread to the Caravanserai:smile:

The next upload may take some days more, i somehow crashed the trade income from the villages and can't find the error. To compensate my anger i gave the player the ability to kill city council members, with the help of the shady persons in the taverns.

Then i killed my dungeon master^^ To bad, my assasins were caught and talked and i lost some relation to the people in my kingdom. They seamed to like him... but the new one i choose seams to be a nice guy.

Maybe a small information about the new tax system.
City's and villages have 3 sources of income.
Rent for the houses owned by the settlement and tarifs for the import and export of goods.
Rents atm are a set value and import and export tarifs, will be set by the city council.
Maybe rents will become a variable too and influence the happines of the inhabitants.

A 10% village/city tax atm brings a lord a income of 1.500 from villages, 3.500 for castles and 2.600 for towns.
Castles have no other income and villages don't work atm, but in Thegensteyn (former Sargoth) i get around 11k from import taxes and 4-8k from export.

From this income they pay the city- or village-tax to the lord of the settlement, everything else is deposited in the city treasury and will be taken for upgrades (community buildings) or can be plundered by conquerers.^^

The lords pay the lords-tax to the king, based on theyr income and with this money the king pays landless lords, patrols and costs "produced" by laws.

As king of the Kingdom of North, i got nearly 10k from lord-tax.

The rate of taxation also influences the relation between king and lord, city and village.
The former diplomacy tax system has been removed.

Thats it in a nutshell :smile:

Version 0.72 has been uploaded and can be found in the ModDB here.

• This new version includes the following changes:
    • massive changes to the troops and trooptrees, new units, like the Vaegir Light Cavalery or the Sarranid Veteran Axeman
    • some new mercs
    • Lords random character is now influenced by theyr culture, swadians and sarranid tend to be more religious for example
    • Crusaders Way to Expiation - OSP Pack included
    • Ottoman Civilian Clothes included
    • new transport quests for the major
    • native quests now for guard captain and spy master
    • buy and build dialogs nearly fixed
    • trade screen now with heading for every row
    • player inventory storage is limited again
    • buildings now have a buy- and buildprice and maintenaince cost
    • reworked tax system
    • calculation of citizen happines reworked and shown in towns menu
    • ability to vote for city council members in your citys
    • ability to kill city council members with shady persons in the taverns
    • Bugfixes: Errors in market presentations, missing textures in arena

We are getting closer to the final version with this update, many of the features i wanted to realize are now functional, often in a basic way thats need some iteration, but they work. The only new feature left is the faction council, when this is done i will invest most of the time into iterating existing features, making them more interactive and more comfortable to use.

For example i plan to give the player the ablity to bribe lords and others with prostitutes (wifeaggro included). There will be more random encounters that will influence your character (lending someone money/meeting pilgrims). More ways to influence citys (city wide feasts) and kings (give me this law or i will rebell with my friends).

As always the savegames are not compatible with previous versions.

Wouldn't it make sense to be able to enslave the villagers when you raid a village? That way you get money from selling all the loot you stole and more when you sell the villagers into slavery.

Thanks for making this mod I downloaded today and am enjoying it.

Thus far I don't seem able to buy dates in the rich goods tab even when a town has some. A town also gave away poor housing to me, claiming it was negative 397 in cost, despite the fact that it still seemed to add more in rent than it cost in upkeep.

This mod simply crashes every time I try to walk in the streets, it makes it completely unplayable. Do I need WSE or something or is it just a big bug? Anyway it's game-breaking to say the least.

Back
Top Bottom