SP Medieval Mercantilism - Version 0.72 (01.11.15 - new download)

Do you prefer troops with faction specific names like Nord Fyrdman or would you prefer Nord Infantri

• I prefer faction specific names. (Nord Fyrdman/Huskarl)

Votes: 80 61.5%
  • I prefer descriptive names. (Nord Infantrie/ Nord Elite Infantrie)

Votes: 41 31.5%
  • I don't care.

Votes: 9 6.9%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Hi,
thanks for the fast fedback.

The maximum amount of money you can lend is based on the number of enterprises you own. I want them to be distrained if you can't pay back in the future.

About the Storage thing in combination with the caravan problem if you have to many destinations. What about the idea, to keep the storage amount in villages limited and only allow the transport from village to nearest town? Did you had problems before, when you only could "connect" citys with caravans?

I also started a new game, with the intention to create my own kingdom and to see how everything works. You can also use an older savegame, i implemented a small bit of code, that updates everything in game and the economy should work like planned.

I don't know what you mean with the house inventory, the dialogs and other things got changed so, that you have to have items in your player inventory to work, atm.

Don't worry about castles atm, they don't count as consumers atm, they simply get ignored.

Caravans when going town to town I did not notice any issues, but since the number did not exceed the size of the screen I am not sure there were an issue.  But I would live with villages being able to only connect with the nearest town or two.  or castle. and not other villages.  Since the idea would be to ship product from the village to a central storage as a town or castle.

When you gain your own kingdom you have a court made up of 3-4 members. 

Chamberlain- You can access the household inventory thru this one, and one other.

jg6xc4f9du.jpg

Chancellor- You can send gifts to other lords and ladies to improve relations

nta0k11ggh.jpg

Constable- You can hire recruiters to get more troops. A new option the armory appeared not sure what this does.  Would anyone know?  I am thinking you have to store arrows here for defending troops. or thrown items.

4ja2188d43.jpg

The household inventory is needed to send gifts, hold feasts, move your court.  Where you have your court is where feasts are held.  Version .4,  I could cheat items and place them in the inventory and use those game functions.  This latest version I can't cheat them there, and can't use those features.  It does not take out of personal inventory since having velvet and tools in inventory does not allow movement of a court.  But if they are in the trade inventory you can move your court. It takes 20 tools and 10 velvet.  But you still can't send gifts.  Having it either in household inventory or trade inventory.

Also Ships currently have only two uses I can see at this point,  you can move with them, and store extra troops there till you have your own kingdom,  I was wondering will there ever be a transport option to send items from one kontor to another and return?

keinPlan86m said:
Hi,
thanks for the fast fedback.

The maximum amount of money you can lend is based on the number of enterprises you own. I want them to be distrained if you can't pay back in the future.

About the Storage thing in combination with the caravan problem if you have to many destinations. What about the idea, to keep the storage amount in villages limited and only allow the transport from village to nearest town? Did you had problems before, when you only could "connect" citys with caravans?

I also started a new game, with the intention to create my own kingdom and to see how everything works. You can also use an older savegame, i implemented a small bit of code, that updates everything in game and the economy should work like planned.

I don't know what you mean with the house inventory, the dialogs and other things got changed so, that you have to have items in your player inventory to work, atm.

Don't worry about castles atm, they don't count as consumers atm, they simply get ignored.

You don't understand. I start the game with 0 denars, 0 enterprises, and I can take a loan of 1 million denars. Check it.

Mhh i thougt i changed all dipomacy things to use the trade inventory of the player, i will look into it this weekend.

Ships will be useable as traders in the near future, when i have finished the presentations, so i only need to copy&paste them and change some values.

I will also look into the banking. I shall not code when i have night shift^^

I also started a new Pool in the Topic. I'm not sure if we should stay savegame compatible and limit everything to the things we have, or start a new version, where you have to start a new game, but have more things to trade and other smaller things, what do you say?

If starting a new game means we have more trade items and more features, then I am cool not being save game compatible.  Some things for testing might take longer to find but I also find starting fresh also means a more in-depth testing. Allowing some bugs that might slip thru to be caught.

Any thoughts about some towns using more of some items than others.  The ale question for example.  Also if other items are added I don't see them eating pork.  :razz:

Also the housing question was asked but not answered, I build the rich housing for several builds and yet it never goes above 21 rich people.  Perhaps at some point, an explanation of how the housing builds really work.

Darth_Trog said:
If starting a new game means we have more trade items and more features, then I am cool not being save game compatible.  Some things for testing might take longer to find but I also find starting fresh also means a more in-depth testing. Allowing some bugs that might slip thru to be caught.

Totally agree.

Sorry if I haven't posted a lot but lately I haven't had much time to play because I am having a lot of work in college.

Im having fun with it.Though there are still some bugs in 0.4version.

I find it too easy to make a profit by buying food from village elder and sell them to the good merchant(After a few day).

Also some suggestions if you don't mind.Since we have same price in buying and selling.How could trade skill affect the gameplay?Maybe a penalty in selling price is a good idea.

Buying kontors and barns are irreversible,that's also a little incovinience for a traitor :oops:,the wage for kontor i don't use is disturbing :evil:

By the way,could you update your mod on mbrepository?I just can't register Nexus.

Hey! I registered just so I could write you. Your mod is just amazing! Brilliant idea, great implementation! Seriously, how can there be a strategy game where you build your kingdom, but without the economic side... just lame. It seems you aim to get it closer to something like the Patrician game, which is cool.
So, first of all, I wonder how is your mod compatible with the other mods out there? Is it compatible with Freelancer and Custom Commander mods? In your post you say it is compatible with the Diplomacy mod, but doesn't it already come with it included?
I also wonder whether you could add versions of your mod with included Diplomacy, Freelancer, Custom Commander, etc.? I tried to merge your source code with the ones for those mods, but I'm just a beginner and no surprise it does not work. I'm sure that your mod would attract much more attention if it included a bunch of other mods (just see the most endorsed files of all-time on Nexus) and also you would help other modders to promote their mods. Btw, it seems like the source code for your mod from nexus is for an older(4.1) version of the mod.
I have a few ideas on how to further economically enhance Warband: one thing that bothers me is that the soldiers get all their equipment when you advance them in the middle of the night in the middle of nowhere... and also, you pay them 200 gp to advance, and suddenly they buy themselves armor that costs thousands. So, do you think it is possible to 1) make so that you can advance units only at the place where you can buy equipment, or only if you have the equipment in stock; 2) make advancement more a skill thing, but not so much equipment, meaning that if you are rich you can give plate armor to recruits (maybe leave the troop trees for the kingdoms as they are, but for your kingdom - make it customizable.)
Do you think it would be possible to make the equipment craftable? So that you can build an armor smithy and supplying it with iron and leather make it manufacture say plate armor to sell or use to equip the army?

Bit of a Necro-but the modder of this disappeared again, and I'm curious if anyone plans to make a similar mod by chance?  As fun as it is to sit outside Valencia while Swadia besieges it for a week, loading a barn full of food to ship to my Valencia Kontor immediately after the siege and get a ton of profit....some of the things seem a bit incomplete or glitchy at times.

As he said, it wasn't near a full release version, but I'd like to see a mod try and do a similar if there's not a continuation of this mod specifically.

jelkala and it's country have tooooo much salt to sell , it could  demand all the salt consumption of  Caradia land  ,and lack of grain ,  in first month, losted near 5000 population in Rudi , so other village is .  Eg. Rudi product more than 150M units of salt, how can i sell it all ?  how can i control the price of the village ?  too much  , i just sell it about thousands , and the price in other city comes to the least price,15 .  Plus ,like Dirim have 120T grain ,but when it decrease to 100 thousand ,which  price grow to 10 per unit , oh ~~ how trouble it is ~   

Hi,
necroing my own tread... more than 2 years since the last post, those where interesting years for me, new job, new schooling, beeing active in local politics and other things.

During the last weeks i had some free time and spend it on Mercantilism, i nearly rewrote all the scripts and changed the complete system to support 65 tradegoods, more can be added without problems. Functionally it's doing the same thing, but the code is much quicker and flexible now. I also changed to distribution of ressources around the map and made many smaller not yet finished lore-additions (named-traders for example).

The "problem" is, this whole rework resulted in the fact that this mod is no longer compatible to native savegames or any other mod. The good news is that i used the opportunity to add some other ressources (all items from Floris - Basic and other Mods/OSP) you can find on the Creditslist at the first page.

After 2 years i'm not sure which bugs got fixed last and how the recreation of the scripts worked out or if i have implemented the new ressources correctly, so i uploaded the latest WIP-Version (called it 0.5) so you could help me testing and exploring.

To make things easier for me with uploading aand updating, i created 2 seperated files, one for the ressources (aound 200 MB) and one for the files that will get changed more often (1 MB), both got uploaded to the Nexus.

http://www.nexusmods.com/mbwarband/mods/3801/?

I wanna know if the new market screens are working and if all the tradegoods are getting contributed across Calradia.
Many of the Kontor presentations haven't been updated yet, they should be functional, but only for the native tradegoods and anything working with animals isn't implemented yet. You are also limited to buy and construct the "native-tradegood"-buildings.

Warning: Future versions may not be savegame compatible!

So have fun playing around with it and feedback is always welcome.

Hey, this is quite awesome of a mod to revive from the dead!

You might want to add the Way of the Sea OSP to your sea travel, is the one thing I have to say.

Merry christmas to everyone.

Just for your information, during the last weeks i was playing around with the new items added with Floris Basic, created 3 new minor factions (based on the upcoming 3 religious Factions) which are recrutable in the towns from the priests, slave rebelions as roaming bands (easy to kill but many), a facton specific random name generator for bandit parties and trade caravans, killed a bug with the food consumtion, added some new female mercs to the Sword Sister troop tree (dangerous girls with guns) and did some minor tweeking and added some new ressources like animated people in taverns and new map icons.

You can see some of these changes and additions here:
The Clan of the Bear
3801-2-1419429830.jpg

Name Generator
3801-1-1419080451.jpg

The Holy Calradian Order
3801-1-1418669994.jpg

Girls & Guns
3801-1-1418470190.jpg

Hello everybody,

the last days saw a lot of changes, celebration and tasty food :smile:

I programmed a new character traits system. You now have 8 pairs of character properties (smart/dumb, good/bad, humble/generous) which influence how other characters see you. Some now like you from the beginning of the game others hate you. Also your persuation skill now gives an +5 per lvl boni on relation. So this skill is becomming more usefull in the future.

People of the same religion also like you more, than atheists or even worse someone from a "wrong" religion.
You can change your religion at the local priest.

The plan is to make city taxes payed to you based on the average relation between you and the council of the city. Atm you can bribe them to like you more, later it is planned that you will be able to kill and/or replace them with someone else.

It is also planned that the character of a Lord has influence on his actions (good guys don't burn down your villages and so on). And that you are able to change your character based on the actions in the game (burning down a village = bad guy, spending money for the church = religious good guy and so on).

This Guy with his Combat Modifying Buildings http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,288476.0.html also gave me an idea, of character traits that can influence the combat abilities of your troops and the enemys. Maybe getting them based on winning many fights or by training them.

All these ideas are influenced by the Total War series and Crusader Kings 2.

What do you think, to much for a game like Warband or a good idea? Do you have other ideas?

keinPlan86m said:
Hello everybody,

the last days saw a lot of changes, celebration and tasty food :smile:

I programmed a new character traits system. You now have 8 pairs of character properties (smart/dumb, good/bad, humble/generous) which influence how other characters see you. Some now like you from the beginning of the game others hate you. Also your persuation skill now gives an +5 per lvl boni on relation. So this skill is becomming more usefull in the future.

People of the same religion also like you more, than atheists or even worse someone from a "wrong" religion.
You can change your religion at the local priest.

The plan is to make city taxes payed to you based on the average relation between you and the council of the city. Atm you can bribe them to like you more, later it is planned that you will be able to kill and/or replace them with someone else.

It is also planned that the character of a Lord has influence on his actions (good guys don't burn down your villages and so on). And that you are able to change your character based on the actions in the game (burning down a village = bad guy, spending money for the church = religious good guy and so on).

This Guy with his Combat Modifying Buildings http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,288476.0.html also gave me an idea, of character traits that can influence the combat abilities of your troops and the enemys. Maybe getting them based on winning many fights or by training them.

All these ideas are influenced by the Total War series and Crusader Kings 2.

What do you think, to much for a game like Warband or a good idea? Do you have other ideas?

Can you do that? This is awsome, it will make deeper gameplay and much more fun.

Both should work, the killed council members will get a new face (available per script command since last update), i have a name generator and a "character" generator, both will be run and he gets a new name, face and character, the items will stay in place as a uniform, so he will be someone "new".

The combat modifier is also possible, but may be hard to test^^

Happy new Year everybody.

During the last days i was using the new items i took from Floris to equip the Rhodok and Swadian Army and made some minor changes to the other Armys as well (Sarranid now use guns instead of bows).

Most of the time i worked on townspeople, now there are rich, "normal" and children that run around in towns, based on the culture of this town. So little Vaegir children will only be seen in Veagir Towns and so on.

Here are 2 Screenshot, to show some of the new units and children.
Rhodok Army in new uniforms.
3801-2-1420139774.jpg

Children and Townspeople with the correct culture are now roaming the streets of theyr citys.
3801-1-1420139774.jpg

Peasants have also be changed to represent theyr culture and the partys that run between the villages and towns have been changed to show this. For example near Sargoth you can now find partys with Nord Peasants and Nord Female Peasants. The male can choose between the Mercenary and Faction Trooptree, the females can become sword sisters.

The former, now useless, good merchants in theyr shops are now used as your employee and the shops are now your Kontor (Office), you can now talk to him and change settings or trade with your local storage.

I'm still thinking about the Commander Traits that give boni to damage or health of your troops.
Shall it be a party skill, that can be acquired throug a lvlup or a Trait that can be acquired trough actions ingame, like winning lots of battles or so. The lvlup will give you controll and give you a choice the other option is more awarding.

What do you think?

Then i was looking for some nice interiors for the Town Hall, i watched some tutorials about sceening and have some experience from my Oblivion modding days. But atm i can't find something that looks like a good townhall (maybe the Veluca castle interior, round room with pillars), but everything is too big in my eyes, maybe i will just place them in the castle of the lord. Any suggestions?

keinPlan86m said:
I'm still thinking about the Commander Traits that give boni to damage or health of your troops.
Shall it be a party skill, that can be acquired throug a lvlup or a Trait that can be acquired trough actions ingame, like winning lots of battles or so. The lvlup will give you controll and give you a choice the other option is more awarding.

What do you think?

While the second option does sound more interesting and rewarding, it could get frustrating. If you have to start a new game frequently due to mod updates or whatever there's presumably no way to import said traits.
Caribbean has some sort of traits/perks system, you could have a look at that. Don't know if they're ever planning on releasing source code.

For the town hall, would it be possible to just take a multi-story tavern scene and maybe delete the upper floor(s) to leave a slightly larger space? Then move/delete props  etc. I've not done a lot of scening so might be unfeasible.

Well, i try to add all the things needed to complete the mod atm (global variables, slot usage, trooptypes, items and so on), so future updates will be savegame compatible.

I looked into sceening this weekend (i hate this Editor, how could they create a game with that? I hope they create something like the TES Construction Kit for Warband 2). The short answer is no, the interiors are complete models, with only some probs placed in them, so i can not delete a floor that simply and have to change the whole model, and i have absolutely no experience in modeling.

But since the weekend the bank and all 3 religions have theyr own scenes :smile:
There are also 2 new NPC that can be found in taverns, an arms dealer for firearms and a sabotour who will be able to damage other enterprises.

Back
Top Bottom