SP Medieval Mercantilism - Version 0.72 (01.11.15 - new download)

Do you prefer troops with faction specific names like Nord Fyrdman or would you prefer Nord Infantri

• I prefer faction specific names. (Nord Fyrdman/Huskarl)

Votes: 80 61.5%
  • I prefer descriptive names. (Nord Infantrie/ Nord Elite Infantrie)

Votes: 41 31.5%
  • I don't care.

Votes: 9 6.9%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Computica said:
Nice, you really understand the mechanics of economy. Will this mod be OSP with a public release of source code.

What does OSP mean? Open Source Project?

This mod seems very interesting, I'll have to try it out sometime soon, I've always preferred the economical side of games rather than the warfare side, may I suggest that we can give cattle to villages even if they don't give us the task for it, in order to increase it's prosperity?

Zephilinox said:
Computica said:
Nice, you really understand the mechanics of economy. Will this mod be OSP with a public release of source code.

What does OSP mean? Open Source Project?
Yes, The mod seems like the diplomacy of economics. It really involves the player into getting to learn how Warband works behind the scenes.

Well, don't expect to much  :grin:
There is a really good ki already implemented for the caravans, that really surprised me. So i only had to add a management system for the goods, and production and consumption is just simple math and statistics, like 100 people eat 40 sack of grain daily and such.

Most of this work is done in an excel sheet.

The tricky part is not getting the player involved, to let the system run stable without the player. Just mentioning the "Butterfly Effect" here.

I had a testrun over the last days during the family party's and all (is there a way to deactivate presentations?), for around a ingame year, where everything belongs to one faction (savegame, go Norsemen!) and a restored faction (2 castles and villages), the city's in the deep desert regions and in the snow areas run out of grain, but had enough other food sources to hold the maximum population. The enemy villages got raided all the time and had no food soon, but no big impact on the surrounding city's. So the system looks stable in peacetimes.

If i find some time i will implement a small change into the population grow script tomorrow and upload a version, so people can test it with new games/savegames and see what happens during wartimes and so on.

Population has no big influence on the game now other than that it changes the consumption of goods in a city, so if something goes wrong, you won't destroy your game  :roll:

(assign, "$volume_to_trade", reg9),
(val_min, "$volume_to_trade", reg4), # you can only buy as much as is there
(val_min, "$volume_to_trade", reg9), # buy only as muhc as i told you

lol... the 3rd part is redundant

:shock: *jaw on floor* I... I... I think I love you and/or your mod that I haven't tried yet but most certainly will... Please allow me to humbly submit my mass of related ideas: Here. The ubiquitous Caba'drin has already undertaken a small but potentially vital portion: the Trade Ledger.

Ikaguia said:
(assign, "$volume_to_trade", reg9),
(val_min, "$volume_to_trade", reg4), # you can only buy as much as is there
(val_min, "$volume_to_trade", reg9), # buy only as muhc as i told you

lol... the 3rd part is redundant

:mrgreen: Yeah right. That happens when you modify small parts of the code again and again until it runs the way you want it. Startet learning coding for this game just some weeks ago, and most of the time I'm sitting in front of the scripts and asking myself why it's doing the opposite of the things i want. (like having 7000 people in a city the first day -7500 the next and then 750 and then it's growing like i wanted it^^)  :mrgreen:

Ogrecorps, i know your Thread and the Village Thread in the Suggestions part of the Forum, read them all and put some of the ideas into my notebook, like Trading outside Calradia. Or others you base on Prosperity (Taxes), that will be based on Population, Houses and Happiness of people.

Ok good news, found the part of code i needed in the script faster than i thought.

So i packed everything together and uploaded the new Version 0.2.

You now can buy a Kontor/barn in every city/village you like and build farms and manufacturys there.
I wrote a small manual to describe how everything works. You can find it on the first page.
You will get a free Kontor in every city where you allready own a business.
Be warned, there is no way to demolish or sell a business, so maybe sell your velvet production before using this mod. They now need silk in town to produce.

Also I implemented the first iteration of the population feature, they now grow based on happines and crime in the surrounding area, until there is no place left in the houses or everybody died.

It would be nice if you could give some feedback about bugs, translation problems (I'm not a native english speaking person) or general problems.

It's not the final Version, you can still have smaller problems (no CTD's just inventory problems) when looting caravans and villages or when you directly trade with the "trade good merchant" -NPCs in the towns (crazy low prices). Also some dialogs need some rework, but they work.

The next thing on my list of things to do is that npcs build up theyr city's and villages, building player owned houses for the people, rework of rents and taxes, buying and selling enterprises,industrie influenced by workforce and slave labor, balancing and cattle breeding.

Hope you like it and have fun and no crashes :mrgreen:

And always remember: Once you have their money, you never give it back. ---- Ferengi Rules of Acquisition

Don't forget rule #34 and #35.

I'll be trying this mod out tomorrow so I'll let you know of any issues I may find.

__

Would it be possible for you to include the source code? I'm no modder but after recently getting the game and trying out all these amazing modules I'm curious about learning, it could help me understand it better to compare the changes between 0.1 and 0.2 and how they affect the game.

__

Played it for a bit, first thing I noticed is that the new pottery enterprise is broken, and after 2 weeks I've only been losing money from the kondor rent or staff wages or something, but never gaining any money from my enterprises, I did add 110k gold to the kondor but it hasn't bought any goods, do I need to buy them manually?

could you release a version without all those other mods?

In what way is the pottery broken? There is a error in the dialog, anything else?

Have you set buyprices, minimum storage and maximum money for the Kontor? (For 1-2 more info's try the manual at page 1)

For fast testing, just set buy- and sellprices to the maximum and a storagelimit of 20-50, maxmoney to 10k and give the kontor 10k gold, then he should buy everything needed, when it's available on the market of the city.

A pottery is a good start for testing it doesn't need any raw material from the market, i always had around 6-8k gold profit per week, and it doesn't need any configuration.

Sourcecode will be published when everything runs and is more polished, the difference between 0.1 and 0.2 are lots of new slots for storage and buildings, some triggers that do some math with them (just basic, when there is a mill and x grain, make y bread and remove x grain) and lot's of presentations that show these slots in a more or less ordered way.  :mrgreen:

I hope these info's help, gn8.

cSgREl.jpg

I'll try again later and see if I can get some profit, I never noticed the manual on the second post, my bad, but the fact I couldn't figure it out without reading the manual is a problem, it should be more obvious as to what you need to do in-game.

So, time for another small update.

During the weekend i was lazy and only build the workforce calculator. So now every manufactury needs some workers to run at 100%, if there are not enough the production will go down.
If there are to many workers, the people will become unhappy, because they don't like it when they have no work.
Labor-loving people they are.  :mrgreen:

During the last hours i found some time to implement that the NPCs are building up they're city's and made some promising testruns (simulated 2,5 ingameyears with shortened timers).
Atm a City gets a new building every 10 days, villages every 20. Cause of the fact that a lot of these are houses, a city gets a new manufactury every month and a village every 1,5 month. The new manufacturys are based on the needs of the city, so if the people are hungry, the villagers are going to build a new farm and so on. Also a player can build manufacturys and the city will take care about "producing" enough workers. So you can micromanage everything, but you don't have to.

Do you think this is too fast/slow?

The next thing on my list of things to do is building player owned houses for the people, rework of rents and taxes, buying and selling enterprises, industrie influenced by slave labor, some balancing and cattle breeding.

Btw there are 105 downloads of the last Version atm, anybody had some time to run around, check the markets and look if everything seams ok, or if there are massive stocks of items somewhere or other things that don't seam right?
Just post them here, I'm happy about every bit of feedback!

Hi,
a minute ago i finished uploading the latest version 0.3.

I found an error in the consumption script of the merchant class and wanted to update it as fast as i can.

So you also get a number of new features:
- workforce - every enterprise needs enough workers to work
- buying/selling of enterprises that allready exist in a city/village (dialog can be found at mayor/village elder)
- npcs develop there city's and villages
- new tax system based on population (workers pay 1 gold, merchants 10 and noble 100)
- first version of new prices and wages for enterprises
- some internal reworks and small changes to presentations
- new fast made launcher pic, thanks to paint and wikipedia^^

Well with this upload nearly all Enterprise relevant features are done, i will only change some numbers if needed.
Cattle breading is still missing and I'm not sure about the income of villages, castles and city's. Didn't touched the castle income atm.

Have fun playing around.
May the profit be with you!

This sounds like it will become a great mod. But just one thing that bugs me is that you call an office for a Kontor?
I think I will look into this later on some of those planned and future feature`s sounds pretty interesting.

This looks pretty cool

I've got a suggestion for the future (perhaps far in the future)

If you do implement competing guilds/businesses, each guild should have an "honor" rating that affects how they do business. A dishonorable guild might attempt to sabotage your business, hire raiders to attack your caravans, and/or assassinate you. Also you should have similar options. To balance this, you should be able to bring competitors to trial. Of course you would need some way to find/provide proof. If you didn't, your case would be dismissed. There could even be the option of trial by combat :grin:

Well, the "Kontor" thing comes from the gameseries "patrician", which i loved and is not only an office, but also a storage and living space. The only thing i didn't liked there was the fighting and that's what i love in M&B, so i try to combine them.

I also love the "Guild" games, but first i wanna finish the features i have planned, nobody knows what will be then  :mrgreen:
I'm still exploring the possabilities of the M&B Engine and Modul System.

Chingarse said:
Hmmm... New member here, but this mod looks quite amazing, how is the development going for you?

Welcome,
everything runs good, just finished the first interactions between the original game and the new trading system. NPCs now loot, burn down or massacre the population of a village and when a player recruits troops they are removed from the population.

But most of the day i was playing around with some numbers and see what happens ingame and some smaller fixes from my "To-Do-List". Now you get an import and export duties and i think about introducing making the value for both adjustable.

P.S. Cattle breeding is now possible too.

Back
Top Bottom