Menavlion Spears need a huge nerf!!! It was 6 months already.

Users who are viewing this thread

As casual siege player the biggest issue with menavlion i've noticed is it's still just as good in close range as other two handed weps. Let it be an overhead swing killfarmer in the open but it shouldn't be as effective as it is when a bunch of guys are hugging you/on a staircase.

I think they need slow the swing attacks. Most people I've fought against who've used the menavlion will swing and keep swinging using the broken movement speed to spin around and get acceleration and more damage to the swing attacks. I think as a community we need to focus our attention and campaign into the changing of FUNDAMENTAL aspects of the game we do not like. For example perhaps the weapons won't need nerfing if they change movement speed and modifiers associated with it. Just conjecture but that's my perspective. (The menavlion is the new war spear imo).

troops that can use menavlion aren't busted with it. One is light as **** and doesn't wear any shield. The palatine guard has it but the unit cost quite a lot and also only have the shorter variation wich feels fine for me. The Courser is the only unit that abuse it I feel and even tho he is at medium armor and is quite easy to put down and while on the ground the menavlion is useless with his 73 movement speed.

Troops that spawn with menavlion are not busted at all. It really is more of a drwback if you don't use them properly and drop it in front of like... Battania that has high movement unit that can actualy abuse it.

Last edited:
Another TDM thread that has nothing to do with actual balance. The only broken thing is the Palatine Guard's menavlion. Its speed is unreal and it hits like a truck, even with the same stagger effect. And also the damage from horseback, which should definitely be looked at. Everything else is balanced in the context of proper team environments. This stuff doesn't work against good players, and most certainly not in organized skirmishes of any kind.

Another TDM thread that has nothing to do with actual balance. The only broken thing is the Palatine Guard's menavlion. Its speed is unreal and it hits like a truck, even with the same stagger effect. And also the damage from horseback, which should definitely be looked at. Everything else is balanced in the context of proper team environments. This stuff doesn't work against good players, and most certainly not in organized skirmishes of any kind.

Agree with that... Im in the VK clan and no one take those trash menavlion unit cause they actually suck when you encounter good players. I just hate when people want something to be nerfed cause it work against newbies while in reality it is not near anything strong on skirmish.

The menavlion is easy to track even tho it speed is good, so it is quite easy to block. It also doesn't have a up poke wich is stupidly better in teamplay when you know how to go around hitboxes with it. The fact that it is only good in an open fields so you don't get stuck on walls/obstacles make it so bad cause you are revealing yourself to range units in order to have your full potential.

As far as I'm concerned this is a purely casual nerf, I don't think people would play Menavlions or Glaives in a proper scrim. Maybe as a surprise 2nd or 3rd spawn.
Depends on what the enemy team does, I thought of bringing in Menavlions in the first round against Sturgia with Empire /w Pilas. He needs to be covered by the inf until he can grab hold of a shield though.
Menavlions are quite versatile and the long Menav is the best Polearm with reach the Empire gets.

Who's talking haha, Skimisch and deathmatch/siege shouldn't even be compared and be talked about balanced dude, Both modes have different metas, in skimisch it's mostly made for good players with good plan which turns around camping with elite archers, tanking with heavy infantry and kill anything that positions wrong with cav. And the rest of the rosters and units are totally ditched because they are useless in pew pew meta of skimisch. Meanwhile in deathmatch and sieges light berserkers and pure melee are the most fun part of the game, at least for me. So how come you talk about balance when you totally disregard more than half of the units in skimisch purely because they can be shot to death by any decent archer. Come on dude, think a little aswell. Diffrent modes different metas, different approaches of balance are needed.

I have no problem being one shot by it when I'm a lightly armoured class on the end of the swing. I have a problem when I'm facehugging as a Legionary and it one shots me with the wooden pole.

100%

The fact that the tankiest classes are being one-shotted by the shaft of the weapon at point blank range should have been a red flag from day one.

I'm acutely surprised this weapon hasn't either disappeared from the game files or been completely redesigned yet. I feel as though the menavlion should behave like a pike -not like a 10 meter long Excalibur.

Last edited:
Im in the VK clan and no one take those trash menavlion unit cause they actually suck when you encounter good players

True, we don't use them in scrims -but the same can be said for all shock infantry classes. The only time they are selected is if someone is low on gold or looking for a Hail-Mary play. Much like in Warband, certain weapons/loadouts simply aren't viable for competitive matches -with teams coordinating through mics and talented archers who will light up anyone w/o a shield.

That being said, these weapons/classes didn't just up and cease to exist because of that.

The fact remains that the menavlion is a broken weapon -regardless of it being irrelevant to the current Skirmish Mode meta.

In Siege and TDM, the menavlion is having a negative impact on the gameplay. Its absurdly too powerful, has incredibly long reach, and can be swung horizontally, vertically, and swung from horseback. Because of the lack of friendly fire in these game modes, players can blob together and swing their menavlions through each other in one big unstoppable zerg rush. It's already annoying enough to deal with blobs of players wielding less lethal weapons, but by putting in their hands the ability to one-shot-kill with a simple left-click, the problem is further exacerbated.

I agree with you Hanz 77. I just hate that those mods don't have friendly fire in the first place. That's the real problem, not the menavlion itself.
I guess they want to appeal to those new players so I can understand the ''no friendly fire'' but if they do not make another mod with friendly fire then now I would agree 100% that the menavlion should be nerfed... anyway it won't affect skirmish as we said it is not played there anyway.

Who's talking haha, Skimisch and deathmatch/siege shouldn't even be compared and be talked about balanced dude, Both modes have different metas, in skimisch it's mostly made for good players with good plan which turns around camping with elite archers, tanking with heavy infantry and kill anything that positions wrong with cav. And the rest of the rosters and units are totally ditched because they are useless in pew pew meta of skimisch. Meanwhile in deathmatch and sieges light berserkers and pure melee are the most fun part of the game, at least for me. So how come you talk about balance when you totally disregard more than half of the units in skimisch purely because they can be shot to death by any decent archer. Come on dude, think a little aswell. Diffrent modes different metas, different approaches of balance are needed.
try to explain something serious but talk about a "pew pew meta" in skrimish lol and show us a clip how he spam against a no block brigad on a teamdeathmatch server

Back
Top Bottom