Menavlion Spears need a huge nerf!!! It was 6 months already.

Users who are viewing this thread

Menavlion Spears is such a brain dead weapon! It does insane amount of dmg to anything without much effort. it kills cav, any heavy infantry or anything honestly. After 100 hours in MP, i am still surprised it wasn't nerfed to the ground. Just wtf haha. It needs speed reduction AND dmg reduction and also ajustements around the area where max dmg are dealt like with axes, menavlion still does cut dmg even with the wooden part just insane. Yet again it needs a huge nerf. it's like a swiss spear pocket edition. High reward for almost no risk. Cheap class for INSANE DMG. Just amazes me that it wasn't nerf sooner. I was in beta mp aswell and damn nothing changed nor were addressed.

What others mp spammers think here? I am honestly not the one who think that. And i am not that bad in mp i am almost all the time in the first scoreboard wise and i know a little of the subject, since i spam deathmatch and siege (when it works). But hell, that weapon is just madness incarnated.

PS: spelling.

I have no problem being one shot by it when I'm a lightly armoured class on the end of the swing. I have a problem when I'm facehugging as a Legionary and it one shots me with the wooden pole.

Either a damage reduction or a reduction of the damaging area of the swing. I don't think I'd mind it doing as much damage as it does if it's also much harder to use effectively.

Theres a high risk on this class if the enemy has good archers. But for casual play they should reduce its dmg by around 30% so it takes at least 2 hits when standing still to kill people. Since every weapon takes way more hits.

If it can't be used on horseback, that would be a great help as well. Long reach + swing AND thrust + horse speed = killing spree.

I love the Menavlion, but seriously, it's too strong.

that just makes it worse, you can just shoot the light cav down
Can you stay on the subject tho? You can't concentrate on the main point apparently by giving arguments which has no place in that specific topic lol, if you want to pew pew for just pew pew words, go somewhere else no? We are talking about pure melee and you bring outside things to the table, no **** you can shoot op manevlion, but it's not the point here right? Come on, try to brain it out a little.

Can you stay on the subject tho? You can't concentrate on the main point apparently by giving arguments which has no place in that specific topic lol, if you want to pew pew for just pew pew words, go somewhere else no? We are talking about pure melee and you bring outside things to the table, no **** you can shoot op manevlion, but it's not the point here right? Come on, try to brain it out a little.
Not my problem if you dont see the bigger picture and to my knowledge nearly every class has access to missiles. They just need to turn its dmg down a bit and reduce pokes when hitting people on horses.

It's funny because Menav class was considered under performing in the beta but I realize now that was mostly just from a Skirmish player's perspective. There were multiple calls for nerf after nerf for spears due to their grounded combat which also effected cavalry and anti cav combat but little talk of the swingable pole arms. Though now we have a lot more of them on cav and archer classes I think their damage could use a bit of tweaking and the Imperial Pole arm in particular can swing combo attacks a bit too fast due to its high handling.

Hewing spears could never compare to 2 handed axe/pole axe in the cutting dept. no way. Near as I can tell these cutting damages are the same right now.

It's funny because Menav class was considered under performing in the beta but I realize now that was mostly just from a Skirmish player's perspective. There were multiple calls for nerf after nerf for spears due to their grounded combat which also effected cavalry and anti cav combat but little talk of the swingable pole arms. Though now we have a lot more of them on cav and archer classes I think their damage could use a bit of tweaking and the Imperial Pole arm in particular can swing combo attacks a bit too fast due to its high handling.

Don't know whether to feel angry at the devs for the current situation or the community for asking for those changes...

Hewing spears could never compare to 2 handed axe/pole axe in the cutting dept. no way. Near as I can tell these cutting damages are the same right now.
The thing is if it were the same it would be fine, but it's actually way higher than axes/2 handed swords, that's the same concern i have, menavlion has more range AND dmg, and broken hit box, unlike axes for exemple. Voulgier with 2 handed sword is fine, you rarely 1 shot. Same for 2 handed axes. Meanwhile Guard with 2 handed swords is underperforming for exemple, way weaker than others for some reasons.

But mostly, axes/2handed swords do not one shot or 2 shot cavalry !!! You see the issue here, menavlion is a pocket edition for a weapon vs ALL. Without actually being an elite pick. It's cheap and you don't even need heavy or longer perks, the base one is just op.

The glaive is still there aswell
Honestly, the glaive doesn't feel as powerful as the menavlion. (I feel like) It's shorter, deals slightly less damage, and worse handling on horseback.
The glaive is better against shields, though, but in my opinion, I'd trade any other 2H weapon for a (long) menavlion.

Yeah if it’s OP in siege and tdm’ but not skirmish, it still needs a nerf in my mind. There’s a huge chunk of players that play more casually and they should have a say in the game balance

Yeah if it’s OP in siege and tdm’ but not skirmish, it still needs a nerf in my mind. There’s a huge chunk of players that play more casually and they should have a say in the game balance

As far as I'm concerned this is a purely casual nerf, I don't think people would play Menavlions or Glaives in a proper scrim. Maybe as a surprise 2nd or 3rd spawn.

As far as I'm concerned this is a purely casual nerf, I don't think people would play Menavlions or Glaives in a proper scrim. Maybe as a surprise 2nd or 3rd spawn.
a good archer can kill the light cav dude before he even reaches the team, would rather see skill based mm first or a lance nerf. Lances are too strong in all regards.

Back
Top Bottom