Menavlion Infantry

Users who are viewing this thread

menavlioninfantry.png

Please leave all feedback relating to the Menavlion Infantry in this thread.

A very strong class. Their combination of very fast movement speed and some of the highest damage in the entire game is probably a bit too much IMO. Need a nerf.

add a shield to the longsword perk? None of the factions have light infantry thats viable, except battania. Would do the same for Voulgier and Guard. Why else would you even equip them with a 1h weapon.

I've played against someone abusing this class earlier, running circles just spamming hits with - I believe - the lightest of the Menavlions. Since they hit hard early and late in their animation you can hardly counter spam them even with onehanders.
tl;dr: some of the Menavlions are too fast

The Combination of Movement Speed and the fast Menavlion is very strong. If you are a advanced Player you can easily outrun anyone else and can spin and hit them to Death

You're pretty much forced to abuse it to do anything with it. If you play normally and don't run circles, the slow speed and bad handling lets you get spammed way too easily.

Increase animation speed and reduce damage (Weapon type).

If in Warband it was possible to kill with the hilt of a two-handed axe... well, but now it is connected with a weapon that does not have such a "visual assumption" (literally, it's just a staff...).

In general a quite balanced unit imo. Thing is, the menavlion is not that fast or have any good handling. If you are up against this weapon, know it's limits, block the first strike and move up close and don't let him get away. Play aware and you will beat this Menavlion 9/10 times.

If you are playing with Menavlion, don't let the enemy get too close, play aware and you can beat your opponent as well. The menavlion can deal tremendous damage but you can't let enemies close in on you.

Sometimes I feel however the menavlion seems to be able to hit very close to yourself so to speak, but then again, it's not the only weapon that sometimes seems to have weird hits register as good hits.

The fact that this unit has no shield is interesting. Might make it more balanced as you have to scavange a shield if you play this class.

In general a quite balanced unit imo. Thing is, the menavlion is not that fast or have any good handling. If you are up against this weapon, know it's limits, block the first strike and move up close and don't let him get away. Play aware and you will beat this Menavlion 9/10 times.

If you are playing with Menavlion, don't let the enemy get too close, play aware and you can beat your opponent as well. The menavlion can deal tremendous damage but you can't let enemies close in on you.

Sometimes I feel however the menavlion seems to be able to hit very close to yourself so to speak, but then again, it's not the only weapon that sometimes seems to have weird hits register as good hits.

The fact that this unit has no shield is interesting. Might make it more balanced as you have to scavange a shield if you play this class.

While you are correct in your statements, most experienced players will be able to beat mostly anyone of an inferior skill level, in groupfights they can be an issue. They can also be an issue against new players mainly. New players should not necessarily be punished so harshly in their first fifty hours by a strong class who can outreach and spam.

While you are correct in your statements, most experienced players will be able to beat mostly anyone of an inferior skill level, in groupfights they can be an issue. They can also be an issue against new players mainly. New players should not necessarily be punished so harshly in their first fifty hours by a strong class who can outreach and spam.

Experienced players can beat any newcomer with any character, regardless what the inferior player is playing. If anyone is inferior, they will lose, that's the definition. Menavlion is not the only thing that can one-hit-killl you in this games, a lot of the one-handed weapons can, you can get headshotted, a cavalry can take you out. All of these, of course, might not be super fun to experience as a new comer - dying so fast, but they are not the whole game and only a part of it. Everyone will die to backstabbing cavs, headshots, and so forth, until they learn to play and recognize threats from a distance.

Experienced players can beat any newcomer with any character, regardless what the inferior player is playing. If anyone is inferior, they will lose, that's the definition. Menavlion is not the only thing that can one-hit-killl you in this games, a lot of the one-handed weapons can, you can get headshotted, a cavalry can take you out. All of these, of course, might not be super fun to experience as a new comer - dying so fast, but they are not the whole game and only a part of it. Everyone will die to backstabbing cavs, headshots, and so forth, until they learn to play and recognize threats from a distance.

You are right, there are other threats that are as big as the the menavlion, but headshots are not really one-hit anymore. Cavalry will always be powerful when backstabbing and there's little to do about it in a 2v1 situation or if the player is unaware, and that is where learning the game comes in. I've not yet seen one handers perform one-hit kills however.

You are right, there are other threats that are as big as the the menavlion, but headshots are not really one-hit anymore. Cavalry will always be powerful when backstabbing and there's little to do about it in a 2v1 situation or if the player is unaware, and that is where learning the game comes in. I've not yet seen one handers perform one-hit kills however.

Exactly! You can do it, but usually it takes some kind of heavy axe to outright kill people. Even easier if they have low/no armor. Guys on horses you can one-hit kill sometimes due to the speed they come at, especially with a nice stab of a spear.

Menavlions are getting incredibly tiring to fight against, it's just not even fun. You try to counter them by reaching their face, and spamming attacks, but they still randomly one shot you with the shaft? I wouldn't even be opposed to this weapon at all if it didn't one shot you, it just doesn't make sense that a spear that swings sideways kills you in one hit yet stabbing doesn't ?

(I'm not suggesting that spears should one hit if you stab)

Menavlions do not belong in multiplayer, they will never be balanced as the length and damage will always be too much, used in a group fight they are unbeatable, just sit behind your shields and overhead everybody. I think removing it altogether and replacing it with a different twohander is the go.

Menavlions do not belong in multiplayer, they will never be balanced as the length and damage will always be too much, used in a group fight they are unbeatable, just sit behind your shields and overhead everybody. I think removing it altogether and replacing it with a different twohander is the go.

They're not even good after the heavy nerfs. Long and Heavy menav more unusable than they even were, regular is the slowest and easiest to block 2H weapon compared to other shock units.

they are working like they got heavy axes !!
NO, they got lengthy spears,,
the spears needs damage Nerf "but more hit speed and block speed"
in my opinion,
this brings "balance, lore, more combat variations"
instead of making the whole game uses only 3 classes, but with different colors

Back
Top Bottom