MP Menavlion in Multiplayer

Users who are viewing this thread

2 hands are generally much to OP.

It is absolutely irrelevant whether the player can i-what or not.
Each unit loses against the 2-handers in 5 seconds

You are the captain. The player must & may not have to kill everything & everyone otherwise you don't play Captain Mode.

A naked 2 hanger comes and you have to hit him 3 times.

Yes, you can then spam Archers .. nice CaptainMode

It's just gross.
Where are the tactics, where is the fun, the team play?
all gone. only rush & "what you have no 150Kills you noob, just take two-handed"

Everyone knows it but in the forum it is always pretended that it is wrong.

That's the reason why nobody actually plays CaptainMode anymore.

in mount and blade the 2 hand lobby is stronger than oil lobby or NRA. Why you even try?

The thing about menavlions that gets me is how they're able to deal severe damage right from the beginning of their swing to the very end of it, and seemingly regardless of whether the blade or the haft is making contact with the target.
It's this in combination with a lack of speed/turn-rate reduction when swinging that makes it incredibly powerful, crush-through notwithstanding. Maybe it could take longer between swings on top of all the above being tweaked.

The thing about menavlions that gets me is how they're able to deal severe damage right from the beginning of their swing to the very end of it, and seemingly regardless of whether the blade or the haft is making contact with the target.
It's this in combination with a lack of speed/turn-rate reduction when swinging that makes it incredibly powerful, crush-through notwithstanding. Maybe it could take longer between swings on top of all the above being tweaked.

+1

Even without CT its almost unbeatable in melee in experienced hands.

Crushthrough fix is supossed to come in next patch, and I'm pretty sure the devs have plans to add friendly fire as well to large scale battle modes (siege, tdm). I think that these things will be enough to nerf menav as well as mindless 2hander spam.

In warband there was a stat for heavy weapons called unbalanced. It slowed the time between swings but only if the swings missed(at least I think thats how it worked). The modifier coming back would be a good way to punish the mindless noobs while keeping the more skilled players preformance mostly intact.

Back
Top Bottom