Men of War: Assault Squad 2

Users who are viewing this thread

So, appearantly, alongside with Call to Arms, they are also making Men of War: Assault Squad 2. You have a the option to participate in the upcoming beta, if you donate enough money to Call to Arms.

Some info:

Men of War: Assault Squad 2 features new single player style skirmish modes that take players from extreme tank combat to deadly sniper stealth missions. Commanders can now faceoff against opponents on various new multiplayer 1v1 – 4v4 maps. To truly bring the battles to life though there is the new 8v8 game mode designed for huge battles on spectacular maps.

This new Assault Squad game brings significant game engine and visual improvements as well, with special attention paid to ones that were highly requested by the players. These included items such as advanced multi-core support, advanced shader technology, interface and AI improvements, as well as added camouflage depending on season/map, fully updated inventory items with new graphics and updated vehicles, sound improvements, Steam multiplayer and much more.

Pics:
BAhbB1sHOgZmSSI+MjAxMy8wOC8yNi8xMl8zMl81Ml82MTZfTWVuX29mX1dhcl9Bc3NhdWx0U3F1YWRfMl8xMl8uanBnBjoGRVRbCDoGcDoKdGh1bWJJIg02NTZ4NDUwIwY7BlQ

BAhbB1sHOgZmSSI+MjAxMy8wOC8yNi8xMl8zMl80MV82MzdfTWVuX29mX1dhcl9Bc3NhdWx0U3F1YWRfMl8xMV8uanBnBjoGRVRbCDoGcDoKdGh1bWJJIg02NTZ4NDUwIwY7BlQ

BAhbB1sHOgZmSSI+MjAxMy8wOC8yNi8xMl8zMl8yN183NjdfTWVuX29mX1dhcl9Bc3NhdWx0U3F1YWRfMl8xMF8uanBnBjoGRVRbCDoGcDoKdGh1bWJJIg02NTZ4NDUwIwY7BlQ

BAhbB1sHOgZmSSI9MjAxMy8wOC8yNi8xMl8zMl8xNF81NjdfTWVuX29mX1dhcl9Bc3NhdWx0U3F1YWRfMl85Xy5qcGcGOgZFVFsIOgZwOgp0aHVtYkkiDTY1Nng0NTAjBjsGVA

BAhbB1sHOgZmSSI9MjAxMy8wOC8yNi8xMl8zMl8wNV8zNzVfTWVuX29mX1dhcl9Bc3NhdWx0U3F1YWRfMl84Xy5qcGcGOgZFVFsIOgZwOgp0aHVtYkkiDTY1Nng0NTAjBjsGVA

BAhbB1sHOgZmSSI9MjAxMy8wOC8yNi8xMl8zMV8zOF83NDNfTWVuX29mX1dhcl9Bc3NhdWx0U3F1YWRfMl83Xy5qcGcGOgZFVFsIOgZwOgp0aHVtYkkiDTY1Nng0NTAjBjsGVA

BAhbB1sHOgZmSSI9MjAxMy8wOC8yNi8xMl8zMV8yOV85ODhfTWVuX29mX1dhcl9Bc3NhdWx0U3F1YWRfMl82Xy5qcGcGOgZFVFsIOgZwOgp0aHVtYkkiDTY1Nng0NTAjBjsGVA

BAhbB1sHOgZmSSI9MjAxMy8wOC8yNi8xMl8zMV8xOV81NzNfTWVuX29mX1dhcl9Bc3NhdWx0U3F1YWRfMl81Xy5qcGcGOgZFVFsIOgZwOgp0aHVtYkkiDTY1Nng0NTAjBjsGVA

BAhbB1sHOgZmSSI8MjAxMy8wOC8yNi8xMl8zMV8xMF82OF9NZW5fb2ZfV2FyX0Fzc2F1bHRTcXVhZF8yXzRfLmpwZwY6BkVUWwg6BnA6CnRodW1iSSINNjU2eDQ1MCMGOwZU

BAhbB1sHOgZmSSI9MjAxMy8wOC8yNi8xMl8zMV8wMF85NjdfTWVuX29mX1dhcl9Bc3NhdWx0U3F1YWRfMl8zXy5qcGcGOgZFVFsIOgZwOgp0aHVtYkkiDTY1Nng0NTAjBjsGVA

BAhbB1sHOgZmSSI8MjAxMy8wOC8yNi8xMl8zMF81Ml8xOF9NZW5fb2ZfV2FyX0Fzc2F1bHRTcXVhZF8yXzJfLmpwZwY6BkVUWwg6BnA6CnRodW1iSSINNjU2eDQ1MCMGOwZU

BAhbB1sHOgZmSSI9MjAxMy8wOC8yNi8xMl8zMF80Ml8zMTJfTWVuX29mX1dhcl9Bc3NhdWx0U3F1YWRfMl8xXy5qcGcGOgZFVFsIOgZwOgp0aHVtYkkiDTY1Nng0NTAjBjsGVA

Personally, I love Assault Squad and can't wait for this to come out. Will surely put some money to Call to Arms to get into the beta + as it is also a very promising project.

I hope they have more SP missions and maps, since that was always the best part of the series and its predecessors (that and maybe co-op missions).

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 182 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

That's quite a long time, but I figure reviving this topic would be better than starting a new one.

I just recently got it and I quite like the game so far. It's very similar to AS1 but as I only ever played the demo of that, I can't really compare them well. Doesn't seem like a bid thing so far though. Although the introduction mission does seem exactly the same. Plus it has a very "throw 'em in the water, and see if they can swim" feel about it. Fortunately I'm a good swimmer. :razz: Though I can imagine it would be difficult getting started for the first time as a completely new player. The graphics also seem pretty good even on the low-mediumish setting.

So, any else around here play this? What are your thoughts?

I play the first MoW: Assault Squad and I liked it a lot.
A pity that I can't play anything else than fixed missions, as multiplayer seems to be down and I have yet to figure out the mission editor.

Let it rise out of the grave. That's the second topic I decided to revive today, and both were 182 days old.
But that's not important. Have a look at this:

mcW1Z.jpg

Yes, I was crazy enough to take it that long. Basically, it took a couple of days to complete (not continuously though). Don't even ask why.

I learned that Japanese mortars are simply awesome. The tactic at the beginning of the game was to flank the Soviets on the left side. I placed like 4 mortars on that left-middle side island (see the mini-map), supported by AT infantry and MG, thus effectively covering the entire middle area with a hail of firepower, and denying any offensive attempt towards my initial positions. That's why there are so many wrecks on the map center. By the way, I also had around 4 supply trucks by the mortar teams, as to prevent them from running out of ammo. The next task was to neutralize their long-range artillery, and that could be achieved easily by continuing my left flank attack up to the point when my rocket launchers could reach their howitzers and AT guns at their spawn. That flank maneuver was about half of the mission, and crucially important. After neutralizing their long-range and AT capabilities, I finally decided to force the river and push them across the mid and right flanks.

In my opinion, what makes the Japanese is artillery and tactics. Otherwise, you cannot simply do it. Also, I guess that I was a bit influenced by the fact that I take rapid military courses.

Back
Top Bottom