In Progress Memory leak on Save/Load

Users who are viewing this thread

Mostly I noticed this because I was having to do far too much save scumming (persuasion seems very broken atm), but basically evertime you load a game the memory usage goes up resulting in this kind of thing
mMuwfmx.jpg

By this point you need to restart the game becasue its just chugging.

Other than the obvious 'Don't save scum' answer is there anything that can help minimize this?

Mostly I noticed this because I was having to do far too much save scumming (persuasion seems very broken atm), but basically evertime you load a game the memory usage goes up resulting in this kind of thing
mMuwfmx.jpg

By this point you need to restart the game becasue its just chugging.

Other than the obvious 'Don't save scum' answer is there anything that can help minimize this?
i have done a ton of save scumming to get 8 clans to join me, So far the only "fix" is restarting the game.

Can you try putting your "Texture Stream Budget" to medium or lower?

I've also unchecked a few of the other performance options like, Cloth Simulation and Sun Shafts.

But if your memory usage is that high then you'd have to be doing constant saving and reloading, because I save and load frequently but I never reached those levels in memory usage.

Doing the persuasion almost forces you to save and load a lot. Because if you fail once. You can never talk to them about it again.
True, and I do notice that when you engage in talking with an NPC then memory increases a large amount, but then settles down a bit. I also tested saving and reloading constantly, but my levels still didn't reach that high.

I think the best solution is that Taleworlds would need to balance the persuasion or fix interactions with NPCs so that it doesn't put a heavy load on the memory.

True, and I do notice that when you engage in talking with an NPC then memory increases a large amount, but then settles down a bit. I also tested saving and reloading constantly, but my levels still didn't reach that high.

I think the best solution is that Taleworlds would need to balance the persuasion or fix interactions with NPCs so that it doesn't put a heavy load on the memory.

Sadly it was a lot of reloading. No options were criticals so I had to pass all 4, and one of the was 19 percent chance of success (seriously does the charm skill do anything?!?), and the few times I'd pass the 19% it would do annoying dumb stuff like fail the 84% :xf-mad:

I agree that on load it initially spikes and then settles a bit, however it does still increase the base usage too.

I don't know if it's just me but... I've had memory usage going up whenever I load up different towns, as well as loading large battles. Leaving the town or the battle doesn't seem to decrease it at all. Unless I restart the game completely.

I don't know if it's just me but... I've had memory usage going up whenever I load up different towns, as well as loading large battles. Leaving the town or the battle doesn't seem to decrease it at all. Unless I restart the game completely.

I believe they fixed one memory leak for single player but there are still a few that remain. People have also complained of CPU throttling and excessive RAM and GPU usage. Overall the game is still quite poorly optimised but I read that one of the devs said they have no plans on increasing the minimum recommended specs, which is good news.

So all we have left to do is wait.

Charm seems completely broken. I've gone from 10 to over 70 just from kingdom votes, and my dialogue chances haven't changed at all.

Also, I'm interested what the game considers "high" charm, because even at 70 I'm losing 1 influence a day from the kingdom policy that gives +1 for high charm and -1 for low charm clan leaders.

Both of them should be fixed. The persuasion needs to have at least 3 out of 4 to pass. Trying to get all 4 correct is like trying to win a lottery.
Doing the persuasion almost forces you to save and load a lot. Because if you fail once. You can never talk to them about it again.
I was so devastated when Liena rejected me and did not realize that was the end of it... LOL

Forwarded this issue to the developers.
Thanks for reporting and for your patience and sorry for any inconvenience.
Thank you for all the work and diligence your team and Taleworlds have been doing.

It's really refreshing to see how involved you all have been. And honestly you all are setting the bar high for a lot of developer groups. I can't imagine what CDProjektRed will go through when Cyberpunk 2077 comes out.

Forwarded this issue to the developers.
Thanks for reporting and for your patience and sorry for any inconvenience.

Not a problem ,I try to fill out crash reports too when they pop up but as im not really that technically minded I probably dont provide that much useful info.
Regardless, my thanks to you and the Dev team for being so dedicated to patching an fixing as you have, it's been amazing and reassuring!

With the 1.0.8 patch, we have fixed many memory leaks including the ones with the Save/Load. Can you check whether the issue is ongoing right now? Thanks in advance.

With the 1.0.8 patch, we have fixed many memory leaks including the ones with the Save/Load. Can you check whether the issue is ongoing right now? Thanks in advance.
I haven't seen any increase in the memory leak regarding the save/load. Thanks for working on this. I'll continue to monitor this as I get further into a campaign.

However I have seen an increase in CPU usage from the 1.0.8 patch. A trend I noticed is that on the world map, whatever I do it causes high demand on the CPU. Especially when I zoom out then the CPU demand grows larger. But in battles, my CPU is stable.

Hi Murat,

It looks like you guys did a great job with the memory leak fixes. My game has been running stable when I enter dialogues and also if I save/load during sieges.

CPU usage doesn't seem as high as before, but it's still noticeable.

Back
Top Bottom