Resolved Memory Leak >_<

Users who are viewing this thread

I am having awful issues with the game slowing to a crawl(progressively getting worse over time). I had no issues with this before the most recent patch/version. I am thinking there must be a memory leak somewhere. it gets so bad it basically freezes after about 30 minutes of play time. Even stuff in trade in towns takes forever to load(i have the game on SSD). It even gives that rotating busy circle animation over all the item pictures. Even after exiting the game it takes up to 10-20 minutes for the process to end(hogging all the RAM meanwhile). The game starts at roughly 1.4 Gb RAM usage and keeps going up until it hits about 4.4 GB and it becomes too slow to keep playing at that point. The memory leak is occurring in both regular and safe modes. I am referring to e1.2.1 version of bannerlord. Is Taleworlds aware of this issue? Is anyone else having this problem? I would greatly appreciate any & help that can be provided for this issue.

here are some of my specs:

Alienware 17

Radeon Software Version - 19.4.3
Radeon Software Edition - Adrenalin 2019
Graphics Chipset - AMD Radeon(TM) HD8970M
Memory Size - 4096 MB
Memory Type - GDDR5
Core Clock - 950 MHz
Windows Version - Windows 7 (Service Pack 1) (64 bit)
System Memory - 16 GB
CPU Type - Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4710MQ CPU @ 2.50GHz

GPU:

Graphics Card Manufacturer - Powered by AMD
Graphics Chipset - AMD Radeon(TM) HD8970M
Device ID - 6801
Vendor ID - 1002
SubSystem ID - 05AD
SubSystem Vendor ID - 1028
Revision ID - 00
Bus Type - PCI Express 3.0
Current Bus Settings - PCI Express 3.0 x16
BIOS Version - 015.046.000.014
BIOS Part Number - BR45579.001
BIOS Date - 2014/07/21 04:03
Memory Size - 4096 MB
Memory Type - GDDR5
Memory Clock - 1250 MHz
Core Clock - 950 MHz
Total Memory Bandwidth - 160 GByte/s
Memory Bit Rate - 5.00 Gbps
OpenGL® API Version - 4.6
OpenCL™ API Version - 1.2

I have the DxDiag ready but I don't see a way to upload it

Last edited:
Forwarding this issue to the QA team for further investigation. Thanks for reporting. You can forward the DxDiag by uploading the file on a cloud service and posting an open link on this thread.

also f7 (telling a group of troops to retreat in battle) seems to freeze the game... the freeze is longer for greater numbers of troops

Last edited:
Eh, I'm also still hoping for memory leak fixes. For some reason they don't occur on most systems, but in my case, all 16GB of RAM get flooded within an hour and it gets worse the longer I play. I've had this problem since day 1, and no patch so far has made any performance difference for better or for worse (at 1.3.1 now).
I'm kinda worried that since most people don't have this problem, it'll never be fixed, or it will take over a year.

Back
Top Bottom