MelsPerisno 8 testing

Users who are viewing this thread

Perisno 8 has drawn me back in, like the moth to the flame.  :lol:  Just a few things I tweaked in my game:

Giants: 
Sut Giants are boosted by giving Big Rocks to melee troops withot thrown weapons.  Some other tweaks to toughen them up a bit -- they are actually a playable faction now (as they should be!).  They remain very defensive, though, so don't expect your kingdom to do much unless you lead it.
Bakhal Giants have archer units strengthened so they are better able to attack certain holds.  A new unit added (Bakhal Hurler) that throws Big Rocks.

Female Soldiers:
With the addition of custom mercenaries, I thought I'd redo ordinary female troops to make them more useful and lore-friendly.  The three starting troops (Female Slaves, Refugees, and Peasant Women) now develop in unique ways.

Female Slaves fall into two basic types, criminals and prisoners of war.  The player may sort them at the second promotion, into the criminal line (Thrall -> Favoured Thrall -> Knightsbane -> Assassin) or the soldier prisoner line (Thrall -> Gladiatrix -> Trained Gladiatrix -> Loyal Gladiatrix).  The criminal line, as befits thieves and murderers, wear light armor, live hard, and die young.  The soldier prisoner line are tough defensive infantry.  Female Slaves naturally have relatively low upkeep (they are slaves, after all!) and do not help take other prisoners (no blunt weapons).  They are good troops to help keep costs low.

Refugees are lost souls, disillusioned by petty kingdoms that failed utterly to protect them.  They will need a purpose to carry on.  When they reach the first promotion, you may choose a calling for them, as Perisno Initiates (Initiate -> Novice -> Nun -> Priestess) or as Perisno Maidens (Recruit -> Maiden -> Rider -> Champion).

Peasant Women are girls with attitude.  At the first promotion, you may sort them into those who know how to hunt (Archer -> Tracker -> Huntress -> Master Huntress -> Stalker) or those who can't (Camp Defender). 
Camp Defenders, when promoted, sort into those who can ride horses (Scout) and those who can't (Femme Fatale -> Sword Sister -> Shield Maiden -or- Foot Knight). 
Scouts may develop into horse archers (Virago -> Virago Heroine) or lancers (Vixen -> Maiden of War).

Some minor changes to equipment, especially helms, for cosmetic reasons.  Fewer helms, more enchantments.

Download here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/m9rhv9bg36b1u1z/AAD2XqfF6qcBfWrIj6GOIyjwa?dl=0 and drop into your Perisno folder and overwrite.

YOU MUST START A NEW GAME TO USE THIS!

Remember to copy and save the original files (troops.txt and item_kinds1.txt) before overwriting with mine!

Welcome back Mel!

My early experience with Perisno was with your sub-mod. When your adjustments stopped (er around 0.75?), I stopped, till I came back at 0.81.
Hopefully you will feel up to a more thorough set of adjustments, a more proper update to MelsPerisno :smile:

You are very kind.  My life has become such a mad wonderful whirlwind that I can't spare the time to do much. 

Honestly, most of MelsPerisno is in Perisno now (with the exception of my troop tree).  My contributions were always peripheral, after all -- mostly a bit of Feminist fantasy coupled with an absurd notion of fashion (I hate bucket head helms and mismatched armour!)  :lol:  I'm grateful for the tolerance shown for my ideas by the people who did the real work in making this wonderful mod.

p.s. I discovered that I am a game character now haha  :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

:party: :party: "... mad wonderful whirlwind ..."  :party: :party:

:mrgreen: I'm assuming that you're enjoying it? Sure hope so! :mrgreen:

And thank you so much for checking back in and adding your unique twist to Perisno once again! :fruity:

I'll do what I've always done, 2 distinct Perisno installs. :grin:
I haven't found you in the game yet. :facepalm: :cry: But I'll be looking extra hard, now. :mrgreen:

Minor fix to troops.txt  -- Female infantry line had one too many steps for promotion.  Sword Sisters are now the last troop to upgrade, and offer a choice of Shield Maiden (upgraded defensive troop) or Maiden Foot Knight (2h weapon troop).  Same link to download.

Just a post to bump our muchly missed "Mistress of Mayhem's"(TM :fruity:) great work where people can find it.

One thing I didn't see in her description is that the "Enchantment" helms can be bought in shops and from the Mystic Merchant. :mrgreen:

hey are you adding female victory sounds to your mod? your is one of the best mods to play for an all female army but i hate silence after battles...

Well, this hasn't been active in awhile and I haven't seen any news or activites lately either, but I could be wrong, maybe an update will come eventually.

In the mean time, here's a link to a female voice sounds resource: https://www.nexusmods.com/mountandblade/mods/841/

Now, this is a very old mod and I myself haven't given it a shot yet and the quality probably isn't as good as in Prophesy of Pendor mod, but hey, give it a shot, at your own risk.

thanks for the link! iv already tried those out but those sounds are a bit too x-rated sounding haha! i have lots of good sounds that i put into mods when i have the source code for them (not sure how to implement the victory sounds otherwise).

theres lots of mods that add the victory cries for women, just think its cool for female-orientated mods to include that bit aswell :smile:

I do agree, I sometimes go for a full female army in some mods and it's really weird and awkward seeing them cheering but not making any sound, just dead silence :razz:

Back
Top Bottom