Melee Cavalry is rather bad.

Users who are viewing this thread

PCDug

Recruit
Talking about cataphracts and other non-couch/glaive cavalry.
They are very talented in the art of missing their swings by about 10 meters
Talking about swings, why do they insist on randomly switching to their swords if they have a perfectly good lance?
Why do they always manage to converge onto the same enemy guy bumping and shoving eachother into missing their attacks ? (not that they need further help in missing)
1/3 of the times they'll just get confused and swing/thrust on the wrong side of the horse.
After missing they'll go to the other side of trhe map in order to attempt another useless charge.
in the end the battle is reduced to accumulate enough charge damage on the enemies since these guys just can't hit the broad side of a roman circus.
There's nothing less satisfying that watching 20 cataphracts charging into 5 looters without getting a single kill.
I personally believe heavy cavalry needs their charge damage substantially increased or to be less reliant on charges and stick to the melee a bit longer.
Or even better, fix their targeting and attacking performance, but that may be asking too much .

Couch cavalry I also bad. All melee cavalry units in the game are currently pretty mediocre in 1.5.0.

Yeah, been having too many issues with this new patch 1.5.0

Sadly, once again I will just wait a couple of patches more to get into the game again.

I had the pleasure of getting hit in the head by one too many rocks and watching 7 heavily armored companions with one-handed weapons get knocked out by a single looter with a pitchfork because they didn't know how to handle the longer reach.

With Lancers I usually put them on follow and manually lead them through enemy formations, tends to work a lot better. It's still a band-aid solution though.

Stealing all the Purebloods from your family members and equipping yourself and several party members with the +20% charge damage perk, then just barreling through the enemy is also hilarious because of the insane base charge damage. Highly recommend. Who needs swords when you're commanding a medieval tank platoon?

yeah same my cavalry is useless my entire tactics revolve around my archers and infantry disappointing when i charge with my 50+ cavalry to the archers in the back and all i see is like 10 kills at most against like 100+ archers they just run around missing them

The worst is when you've won the battle and are chasing down routing enemies, and your melee cavalry is too busy cheering to actually attack. Just watch 6 Lancers charge past a lone looter waving their Lances in the air as they ride by, as if their targeting wasn't bad enough already.

The question is how to create a balanced game experience. I remember in warband the Swadian Knights. They roll over everything in they way. The only tactic was F1+F3. Now in Bannerlord we endless use some tactics (y). But I agree Melee cavalary are to weak and archery ? are too good.

Cavalry was not great but decent before 1.5.0. Now it completely sucks and no reason at all to get them.

Back
Top Bottom