Melee: Battlegrounds Kickstarter (by cRPG devs) - UPDATED THREAD!

Users who are viewing this thread

With a big map like that, with long travel times and mayeb difficulty at finding each other, waterways would be 'obvious' places to find settlements of other players and basically highways. But I think developping watersystems with boats and stuff is a real hassle in game.

Looks really great though! I asked on youtube, but I'll ask here again, all the classes are fighting classes right? In Haven and Hearth you have farmers traders miners etc, but here it'll be combat focussed?

There are already nice looking rivers and boats in the game, just not in this particular video for some reason.

Yes, mining, farming etc is automatic, as the devs outlined in the Stronghold video on Kickstarter. In that mode, you build structures and fight over resources, so players can be involved in the economy, but they never have to go out there with a mining pick or a basket to collect berries.

There will also be the modes we're familiar with in M&B; Battle, Deathmatch etc, where there will be no building or resources, just fighting.

I think they would have had a decent chance had they just started with smaller goals and bumped their target up as more they made each increment.

$46,925 isn't bad and I do think a lot of people often avoid funding a Kickstarter if/when they notice the goal is far away.

Úlfheðinn said:
I think they would have had a decent chance had they just started with smaller goals and bumped their target up as more they made each increment.

$46,925 isn't bad and I do think a lot of people often avoid funding a Kickstarter if/when they notice the goal is far away.

If they'd asked for 45K it would have been fine. Considering the state of cRPG now... I can see why people were apprehensive.

Well, this isn't going to be a remake of cRPG anyway... it's supposed to be a big open sandbox game with strategy elements. I don't care too much about cRPG, but I do care about this game.

Here are a few new screenshots:
T7WEa.jpg
py6eZ.jpg
-NEnz.jpg
uj3Vg.jpg
P75uX.jpg

Back
Top Bottom