BEAST - Bannerlord Early Access Skirmish Tournament

BEAST is the first Bannerlord Skirmish tournament in Europe.

Quick Overview

Category
Bannerlord
Language
English (UK)
Total members
Total events
Total discussions

MEET THE TEAM - Deutschritter Avaritia

Users who are viewing this thread

Hello everyone!

I’m back at the interviews and the first one has been just done. Less talking, more reading, I guess, I’ll go straight to the point...

I spoke this time with Deutschritter Avaritia, which is, by chance, the team I play in this season, so this is a break of tradition, I did not interview the teams I play in in the past.
However, since this team is freshly formed for this tournament, apparently driven forward by ambitious players and did win in Week 1, I could not pass the chance to talk to them.
This was making it for me more difficult, but I tried my best to maintain the sarcastic neutrality I used in the previous interviews. Enough about me, let’s see what ritter, Gu3nth3r and GrafGlafs have to say!

It appears this is a new DR team, we saw quite a few over the last seasons. How did DR Avaritia come to be?
It is the competitive successor of Superbia, the previous 2nd team of DR that was founded and led by NoVa and is in a way NoVa’s baby. Superbia has played four BEAST seasons (#4 - #7) in total with a widely stable core group that defended its Division B spot in Season #7. Even though the team had some great successes, there are several reasons, why Superbia isn’t continued, the main one probably being that some of the core players are not as invested into competitive playing (or in some cases Bannerlord MP in general) anymore, atleast as they used to be. While we all got along very well on a personal level, during BEAST #7, the diverging mentalities in the roster regarding what should be achieved and how we would manage to achieve that were very noticeable. Thus, we have decided to differentiate this season’s second team of DR from Superbia, by choosing our own name. DR Avaritia for now is an attempt, to bring together talented and active German-speaking players, to shape them into a team sharing an ambitious spirit and to do well and become a mainstay in Division B. The team was founded by Gu3nth3r, Graf_Glafs and me. Personally, I hope that in the long run the name Avaritia, which could be translated to ambition or greed, will become a self-fulfilling prophecy and the characteristic our team will be known for.

Rosters, Rosters, you know the drill!
From past season’s Superbia we have sunny (Archer), Gsälzbär (Cav), Gu3nth3r (Inf) and me (Inf), whereby sunny was the only long-running member of the team. Additionally, Bard (Cav) has returned to DR after a season with DM II. Graf_Glafs (Inf and IGL) and NIN3 (Cav) have joined as teammates, although clan-wise they are still part of GoW. And we also brought in a great shooter with Puffreis (Archer, previously VW) and the excellent duelist Tim0204 (Inf, previously KW), and the versatile BruXseleS (Cav, previously RMS) making it 10 people in total. For the future we are looking to expand the roster further. In my opinion 10 – 12 players on a similar skill level with a broad array of strengths would be ideal.

You started strong into the season by handing a decisive defeat to Vineyard Workers. How do you feel regarding the remaining opponents?
Ritter: We are taking them seriously. It was a great start into the season for us, but for the next matches we are trying to stay focused and not let it get to our heads too much.
GrafGlafs: I didn’t expect such a great start to be honest, but we were really well prepared. I think we can beat every team in our division if we don’t get too overconfident and keep improving.
Guenther: I agree with ritter completely. And regarding the remaining opponents: PUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUSH!

You teased it in the introduction, the team’s name translates into “Ambition” or “Greed” and yeah, can you be precise about what the goals of this team are?
Ritter: For me personally - to consolidate in Division B, become a mainstay there, improve with every training and every match, grow the roster further, build a team of players that get along well.
Guenther: And I thought you want to get up to A. Now I am disappointed.
Ritter: Basically I always want to win the next match which would in theory lead us there eventually.
GrafGlafs: We would like to build a German team which works long term.

Do you believe you will top this seasons’ Division B? If so, who do you believe is your biggest obstacle?
GrafGlafs: I’m quite sure we will play for the top. I was surprised of the result of DoF vs STIX, I expected DoF to win, so STIX can certainly be dangerous as well. For our biggest obstacle I would say it is MoB.
Ritter: I mostly second what Graf said, although I feel like - also taking into consideration our preparation for this BEAST season and the results there - that the teams are quite on par with one another, so everyone could beat anyone else on a good day. We will just keep our heads down and work hard for the best possible outcome. In any team-based competition, the biggest obstacles are complacency and lack of teamwork in my opinion. If we stay hungry and keep playing together, good results will follow.

Are you going to win this Sunday?
GrafGlafs: This will be a tough one and the score should come in close. The matchup is 50/50, both teams have chances. Cavalry will be paramount for this match’s result especially on Urikskalaar. The second matchup imo will be decided by who wins Sturgia. We will win, narrow most likely – but we will win.

Is there something unique about this try on a secondary team of Deutschritter? We have seen multiple DR2-Teams (cf. Acedia, Luxuria, Superbia in that order) come and go over the seasons.
Ritter: I haven’t been that long with DR, so other than you for example I’m not really a clan historian. But my impression is, that during the initial seasons of BEAST, DR was still in a process of finding itself as a competitive clan. As a result, while there have been several teams back then as well, the primary motive might have been to form a first team that can keep up in Div A, resulting in fluctuation in all teams to some extent. Now the first team seems sustainable to me. So the main difference will probably be that we’re striving to be an active, fully committed team with it’s own ambitions that coexists with the other teams rather than being part of a team hierarchy.

With BruX and Bard you have seasoned IGLs reinforcing your team, however, to the surprise of some, both are not leading, instead they’re sitting on horses and Graf_Glafs is the leader on the field. Also considering that good IGLs are a scarce resource, do you wish to comment on this?
Ritter: We're just bat**** insane. That's what makes us so unpredictable.
GrafGlafs: We’re getting a lot of tactical input from both of them, which is a very valuable resource. IGLs are rare, I agree. On top, bard is clear about the fact that he wishes to not lead – we will not try to bully him into this role, we intend to respect that wish.
ritter: Also he is a talented and underrated cavalry, that we have high hopes in.
GrafGlafs: If you’re playing cavalry, leading is very hard.

How do you perceive NIN3’s departure from TaleWorlds, his balancing vision in general and the current state of the game?
GrafGlafs: TaleWorlds has lost a very good employee who was in touch with the community and in my opinion, he was the only one. For us as a team it’s obviously sad that he is departed from TW, because it comes in handy if you have a personal developer to blame for everything TW messes up. We will obviously continue to do so, but it will not be the same as before. It’s kinda lacking the spice now.
Ritter: Yup, I agree with Graf regarding NIN3. Love him. Other than that, I'm not too satisfied with the current state of the game, mostly for technical reasons.

Do you think the administration has done the right thing in keeping the sixth slot in each Division but the lowest Division open?
Ritter: They have found a good compromise I think, considering that some teams are not taking part in this BEAST season. Most of all I am thankful for the work they put into this tournament voluntarily, so they should set up the rules as they see fit.
GrafGlafs: I’m not involved or interested in this if the tournament comes to happen. I didn’t have the ‘pleasure’ in my old team to concern myself with promoting or demoting, that was never an option. So, I second what ritter says.

When will sunny start speaking?
Ritter: Soon.
GrafGlafs: Sunny will start talking when Spooky talks… thinking about it, sunny will actually not.
Ritter: Whenever she offers her advice in written form on tactical matters for example, it is very helpful and testament of her experience. Naturally it would be a great benefit to have her speak during matches as well, as I’m sure she would make good calls, but we respect that she doesn’t want to at the moment and consider her a fantastic player nevertheless.

If someone would ask established Division B players what is special about their division, many would claim and say that the competition in Division B is the healthiest, since none of the teams is absolutely overstacked and if one is, it will take off to Div A anyway sooner or later. Since the players are a bit more … spread out, I’d ask you guys for your opinion who is the best in each class in this Division.
GrafGlafs: I agree that the balance in Division B is best, that is what I could notice from the very short time I am here, but the gap between A and B is as wide as the ocean. As to who are the best players in each class in this Division… oof…
For archers this is clear, it’s sunny. Infantry is interesting it’s…

BruX (interceding): Also sunny.
GrafGlafs: … depending on what parts of Inf play you look at. At 1v1 Spooky is most likely the best. In group fighting we are the best. Cavalry? That’s clearly Livso, by far. Ritter is going most likely to name himself best Infantry, just saying…
Ritter: Healthy is the right word I guess in terms of competition, tactical and individual skill level but also in terms of friendliness between the teams. No drama from my perception so far. Best players in my opinion? Hmm… Gotcha! Not gonna mention anyone here, neither myself. Just know that I’m not worried, whoever I am facing in this game. Other than that, skill and success are momentual things that need to be achieved and proven again and again over time.

How do you think will your sister team, Deutschritter Furor, perform In the Division above? People said (before tournament start) that they’re headed for Division B and that they’re finally done for – what do you think however since you most likely know them best?
Ritter: I don't know them so well as a team actually, as I have played against them myself or watched them play on few occasions yet. Realistically I think they will be ending up on second or third place in Div A. I couldn't imagine them in Division B - they are definitely way too good for that. At the moment I don't see any serious challenger for them in Div B or the lower end of Div A.
GrafGlafs: The match against HINQ showed that they’re not to be underestimated and if they’d get demoted, they’re going to roflstomp Div B until people cry. It is out of question that they will hold their own in division A just fine.

Alright, you know the drill sunny and bois, who’s it for the roasting?
GrafGlafs: I want to shoutout to my old team, my Div E bois: the sometimes confused and dreaming Schormi, Ente the wannabe archer, samu the teamhitting backstabber, Tobi “the spearman”. NIN3 is a TaleWorlds Clown. That's it.
Ritter: Bannerlord MP has a good share of irrelevant and annoying kids – they are not really worth the mention though and I don’t recall most of their names either. May I add something positive instead, maybe?

Sure.
Ritter: Gotha is very friendly and a great guy! I like that he’s not toxic at all.

Thanks for speaking to us!

Follow MnBComp:
Contact MnBComp Staff:
8tq8qck.gif
Aeronwen
fARbO47.png
nCdbBIZ.gif
Steam
mEyXAms.gif
TaleWorlds
1ELYCbP.png
Twitter
Bard
nCdbBIZ.gif
Steam
mEyXAms.gif
TaleWorlds
1ELYCbP.png
Callum
nCdbBIZ.gif
Steam
mEyXAms.gif
TaleWorlds
1ELYCbP.png
Twitter
Jabdimelborn
nCdbBIZ.gif
Steam
mEyXAms.gif
TaleWorlds
1ELYCbP.png
Twitter
Le Roux
nCdbBIZ.gif
Steam
mEyXAms.gif
TaleWorlds
1ELYCbP.png
Twitter
OGL
nCdbBIZ.gif
Steam
mEyXAms.gif
TaleWorlds
1ELYCbP.png
Twitter
Scar
nCdbBIZ.gif
Steam
mEyXAms.gif
TaleWorlds
TheCardboardBox
nCdbBIZ.gif
Steam
mEyXAms.gif
TaleWorlds
1ELYCbP.png
Twitter

Last edited:
Disappointing, expected Sunny to spit some fire.
Also how ritter can sleep at night while spreading fake news about Gotha is beyond me.
7/10 would read again.

Back
Top Bottom