medium late game in 1.8

Users who are viewing this thread

8CBC8CDBFF662898966CEB6BE976C75ED7ACD957

medium late game in 1.8

-I don't remember the last time I was in peace, every 20 minutes there is a kingdom declaring war, if not less time. All the kingdoms take their turn to declare war on me, the Kusait are the second strongest kingdom, with all the advantages to conquer the entire east of the map and eliminate the southern empire, take half the sturgia and have conquered half the aserai at the time. he dedicated himself to declaring war on us alone. Vladia dominated half an empire, lost everything by declaring war on us, in addition to creating several rebellions for devaluing her currency, including a city in Vladia itself. She couldn't defeat them because her friends the Kusait help them by declaring wars on us when we have them against the floor.

-every second I'm pressing f5 because every 2 seconds a clan leaves the kingdom, a bug that should have been fixed immediately if they want us to play the beta to report an error.

-During that siege, 2 declarations of war, a clan left the kingdom as soon as they got the castle they had just obtained. What you see there is the entire desert looted by the Aserai.

-the villages of Zeonica, the richest has 33 prosperity the last time I saw it, work of Garios, the first kingdom to collapse but is still there, hiring mercenaries, spawning outside Zeonica, looting villages that already they cannot defend themselves against a group of 20 soldiers.

-My Kingdom only expands because the mechanics of the game to confront the expansion is to declare wars, wars that put the kingdom that confronts me at risk, because I am human, I can make more intelligent tactical decisions.

-There is a game, CK2, clearly made by more qualified people, they have simple mechanics, defensive pacts. If you grow a lot, everyone joins forces to defend each other, not the other way around.

- 1600 hrs logged and I don't have the courage to put a positive review on Steam, am I the only one? Please someone reprimand me, is it me? I complain because I can't stand late game stress?

- 1.8 is still a disappointment to the late game, I'll be back when 1.9 comes out and they say on YT that this will be the new pacth that changes everything!

every second I'm pressing f5 because every 2 seconds a clan leaves the kingdom, a bug that should have been fixed immediately if they want us to play the beta to report an error.
This is a serious point I hope TW takes to heart. It's easy for people to say "oh it's the beta blah blah" but if they players are going to PLAY it and report more and more bugs, they need to fix these types of game ruining bugs faster. Going on 4 weeks now. Even if they fix it tomorrow, that's still several weeks of late game bug reports they won't get because most competent players stopped playing late game because of the bug.

In 1.8.0 I’m anxious for the moment I join a faction cause we roll easily on all the rest.
To the point I join the later possible the faction who has lost the most… still nothing. Disappointed.

In last 2 months I have started like 10 different playthrougs. No incentive for me to go beyond few in-game years. I usually experiment with interesting mods here and there or play with xml files to get my troops look close to early medieval soldiers. Vanilla troop trees and equipment seems to me like homework of high school student. Quick'n'dirty 😁

This is a serious point I hope TW takes to heart. It's easy for people to say "oh it's the beta blah blah" but if they players are going to PLAY it and report more and more bugs, they need to fix these types of game ruining bugs faster. Going on 4 weeks now. Even if they fix it tomorrow, that's still several weeks of late game bug reports they won't get because most competent players stopped playing late game because of the bug.
I have the same thought, the level of errors are not justified because it is beta. It is not understood how they get to these errors, all updates have these errors that leave one speechless. How do you get from modifying the AI to be less belligerent to leaving kingdoms being rich and having fiefdoms. For when are they going to correct the prisons of the game? each new beta, they give a worse solution than the previous one. Now in the sieges the reinforcements take so long to appear that my men wait for them in the spawn to massacre them, how did they get to that? I don't understand why it has been insisting for months on not correcting the most critical bugs in the game and creating new critical bugs. Critics not because they close the game, but because they make it unplayable

I know you this but I'm going to spell it out for people who are fairly new here or people who haven't figure it out. You're not Taleworlds primary concern because they have your money. Their main concern is getting new sales via the consoles market. It will get fixed at some point, but only when Taleworlds is ready. No amount of complaining, *****ing and moaning, or cries of frustration from these forums will get Taleworlds to do stuff any sooner, period. 😒

-every second I'm pressing f5 because every 2 seconds a clan leaves the kingdom, a bug that should have been fixed immediately if they want us to play the beta to report an error.
This bug shouldn´t even be in the beta because it´s not happening under some rare circumstances. It´s also not the first time this happenend.

You are the QA! And you paid for it, now deal with it :grin: .

look at all those burning villages hahaha how is anyone still alive in there
Luckily for me, my allies managed to imprison several Aserai and perhaps they could have imprisoned all of them. But we already know what the Calradia prison system is like. In addition to 0% peace intention with them, in a matter of a few hours of play, the most prosperous area of the game will quickly become a dunghill. If it weren't for the fact that, with the help of Caladog, I managed to put into operation two laws that between them gave +3 loyalty, apart from all that chaos, half of the kingdom would have succumbed to rebellions. In that game right now there are already about 10 active rebel clans (if not more), courtesy of Vladia and the Southern Empire that instead of fighting against their rebellions, declared war on me, in my kingdom alone, there were 4 clans created from of rebellions in Husn Fulq.

And still that unfair ****... your archers shoot at the closest, while you see in front of you a nice line of AI archers shooting at yours... there are missing target orders... Or those indescriptible melees where all your hits are always blocked by something but we take all the possible blows.
It is a pain when it should be an entertainment. The AI uses and abuses all those dysfunctions. That's unbelievable !!
People have complained about this for month, but it seems not to ne a problem.

At the moment, the game is graphically nice, there are plenty of good ideas, but there is a real problem in the realization because it is just frustration again and again.

You cut the head of that idiot that comes just for the tenth time to raid your village, and the whole world is against you lol. You let them go, but as soon as you leave he comes back raiding (when we talk to him, saying that we don't crush his/her face for this time, there might be a delay of several days at least before he tries that again). That is just a stupid mechanic of distance between our party and theirs that makes them leave, in other words, you don't want your village to be raided, you camp next to it lol...

You have 100 relation with a lord, that doesn't change anything if you are at war with him.

The weird formations that sometimes units use, the starting positions in villages, the huge battles in villages.

Today I had to kill a cataphract that was blocking a ladder (he was a the bottom of the ladder, not moving, blocking other soldiers who were rained with arrows...)

There is some progress but for the main mechanics and the diplomacy it looks that we are still at the same point.

This game needs diplomacy, it's not optional. When a culture finishes with one clan and his leader, they should either retire or join another kingdom - those kingdoms could give them back fiefs btw - but instead they are relentlessly raiding - or trying to lol - villages is just a pain.

I use all possible bonuses vs shields to break this walking-pains (and the auto block = if_player_clicks_shoot_then_if_player_shoots_at_bot_then_bot_blocks) I need at least 10 brutal hits to break a shield, where's the bonus lol?

The descritption of trade says "operate caravans", I never got a piece of XP by operating caravans, except anoyements due to poor minor clans camping in towns and attacking caravans when they want to tenter that town.
Related to this, the quatermaster skills of the companions who drive the caravans ? no effect, no leveling of those skills?

The companion that you get level 10 and who has proudly reached level 14 when you are at level 30 .... I spent around 5000 hours on that thing so I know what I say. There are perks supposed to make companions level 20% faster or so, effect? none? not much at least.
In the same vein, the heroes (lords and ladies) who are built in such a way that never they will evolve during the game...

Introducing the notion of traits, which is absolutely brilliant, and not using it... wake up TW !!!!!! =) The guys create one of the coolest game but I don't know by which curse they seem to sink themselves!!! Perhaps money or consoles? ! =)

And these are all just common sense, basics. We haven't spoken of IA yet, which does not exist. btw, it is just event programmation (I'm targeted, I block, there is not any notion of intelligence or the fact of taking a decision in that - which closes more more to the AI notion).
Plus a true AI could make me angry cause I might not be able to beat it lol =)

Great promises, very small result...

That game is flooded by a myriad of details !!! Who are important, actually !

Nah... see you, good evening

You cut the head of that idiot that comes just for the tenth time to raid your village, and the whole world is against you lol. You let them go, but as soon as you leave he comes back raiding (when we talk to him, saying that we don't crush his/her face for this time, there might be a delay of several days at least before he tries that again). That is just a stupid mechanic of distance between our party and theirs that makes them leave, in other words, you don't want your village to be raided, you camp next to it lol...

You have 100 relation with a lord, that doesn't change anything if you are at war with him.
Introducing the notion of traits, which is absolutely brilliant, and not using it... wake up TW !!!!!! =) The guys create one of the coolest game but I don't know by which curse they seem to sink themselves!!! Perhaps money or consoles? ! =)

You reminded me of a campaign where I almost lost my mind. An Aserai friend, who invited him to enter the southern empire, I not only gave him money for it, I voted him to own an Aserai castle and city. He left the kingdom again towards the aserai, the aserai declare war on us, this friend who was otherwise "merciful", runs straight to loot one of my villages. He died in battle while I defended the village, I persecuted and executed his wife and daughters, I only regret that the bastard died and I could not execute him. I was only grateful that the whole mess gave me a good roleplay, but it also shows the lack of everything in the game.

And still that unfair ****... your archers shoot at the closest, while you see in front of you a nice line of AI archers shooting at yours... there are missing target orders... Or those indescriptible melees where all your hits are always blocked by something but we take all the possible blows.
It is a pain when it should be an entertainment. The AI uses and abuses all those dysfunctions. That's unbelievable !!
People have complained about this for month, but it seems not to ne a problem.

At the moment, the game is graphically nice, there are plenty of good ideas, but there is a real problem in the realization because it is just frustration again and again.

The weird formations that sometimes units use, the starting positions in villages, the huge battles in villages.

Today I had to kill a cataphract that was blocking a ladder (he was a the bottom of the ladder, not moving, blocking other soldiers who were rained with arrows...)

There is some progress but for the main mechanics and the diplomacy it looks that we are still at the same point.

This game needs diplomacy, it's not optional. When a culture finishes with one clan and his leader, they should either retire or join another kingdom - those kingdoms could give them back fiefs btw - but instead they are relentlessly raiding - or trying to lol - villages is just a pain.

I use all possible bonuses vs shields to break this walking-pains (and the auto block = if_player_clicks_shoot_then_if_player_shoots_at_bot_then_bot_blocks) I need at least 10 brutal hits to break a shield, where's the bonus lol?

The descritption of trade says "operate caravans", I never got a piece of XP by operating caravans, except anoyements due to poor minor clans camping in towns and attacking caravans when they want to tenter that town.
Related to this, the quatermaster skills of the companions who drive the caravans ? no effect, no leveling of those skills?

The companion that you get level 10 and who has proudly reached level 14 when you are at level 30 .... I spent around 5000 hours on that thing so I know what I say. There are perks supposed to make companions level 20% faster or so, effect? none? not much at least.
In the same vein, the heroes (lords and ladies) who are built in such a way that never they will evolve during the game...

And these are all just common sense, basics. We haven't spoken of IA yet, which does not exist. btw, it is just event programmation (I'm targeted, I block, there is not any notion of intelligence or the fact of taking a decision in that - which closes more more to the AI notion).
Plus a true AI could make me angry cause I might not be able to beat it lol =)

Great promises, very small result...

That game is flooded by a myriad of details !!! Who are important, actually !

Nah... see you, good evening

You reminded me of a campaign where I almost lost my mind. An Aserai friend, who invited him to enter the southern empire, I not only gave him money for it, I voted him to own an Aserai castle and city. He left the kingdom again towards the aserai, the aserai declare war on us, this friend who was otherwise "merciful", runs straight to loot one of my villages. He died in battle while I defended the village, I persecuted and executed his wife and daughters, I only regret that the bastard died and I could not execute him. I was only grateful that the whole mess gave me a good roleplay, but it also shows the lack of everything in the game.
Yes you're right about that kind of thing, : convincing a "friend' to join us, giving him a town and money so that he has a cool economy and a "new start", and the dog betrays us at the first next war. That was Belithor first, then Hashan who although his "brave and honorable" or so lol... they finished without their head. I use the mod that goes well to eliminate who I want lol =)

Lately the ones who were defecting were almost predictable lol, the ruler of the kingdom, although fair, gives any holdings to one, then peace, then war and the idiot goes with a sinking kingdom when he was largely rewarded in ours !!!!! Ununderstandable !!!

My whole story is about this guy lol. Worst of all, after his death, when we were finishing conquering Aserai, I decided to be merciful to his wife and give them a second chance. When she was conquering the last aserai castle the ***** betrays me and she goes back to the aserai taking 2 castles that she conquered. That's when I started executing everyone in the family. Even a daughter who was no longer part of her family. I was late with this last one, but I knew that sooner or later I would have a basket with her name on it.

I almost thought that Hashan's loyal behavior could be influenced by his treacherous wife, it could be, if the game had AI in that sense, which it doesn't.

look at all those burning villages hahaha how is anyone still alive in there
Problem of kingdoms that have been largely defeated or so, or their remnants are only (just enough) good to raid villages, attack your caravans, or finish armies with much wounded... they are a nuisance, for the game too. You can even not dissuade them to do this since diplomacy - except the fake numbers representing "relationship" - is not existing.

My whole story is about this guy lol. Worst of all, after his death, when we were finishing conquering Aserai, I decided to be merciful to his wife and give them a second chance. When she was conquering the last aserai castle the ***** betrays me and she goes back to the aserai taking 2 castles that she conquered. That's when I started executing everyone in the family. Even a daughter who was no longer part of her family. I was late with this last one, but I knew that sooner or later I would have a basket with her name on it.

I almost thought that Hashan's loyal behavior could be influenced by his treacherous wife, it could be, if the game had AI in that sense, which it doesn't.
Rigtheous Executions is out for 1.8.0 :wink:

"Not Snowballing" was the developers version of successful Kingdom Relations/Management & Diplomacy being implemented. They either truly believe that or just choose to willfully ignore any perceived limitations in the name of "Its a Sandbox"

"Not Snowballing" was the developers version of successful Kingdom Relations/Management & Diplomacy being implemented. They either truly believe that or just choose to willfully ignore any perceived limitations in the name of "Its a Sandbox"
Naw nothing to do with each other, mex agreed with everyone that the game needed real diplomacy like alliances but it got rejected at the suggestions table by you know who. So we got what we got from what he could work with. Also the defection bug has nothing to do with trying to stop snowballing, it actually made it much worse as this patch returns to some crazy snowball levels we havent seen since first testing for snowballing.

Back
Top Bottom