SP Medieval Medieval Scotland Mod

Users who are viewing this thread

I am part way through the development of a medieval Scotland Mod for bannerlord: I know a lot about Scots history, and when I saw the base game it was easily the best game, with the mechanics the Taleworlds team have put in place, to mod into medieval Scotland. The world map is about the size of Scotland, and seems about the right size for a decent game. And I was right, the playthroughs I've had so far are about right.

I reverse engineered a lot of Bannerlord mods, and got some idea what could be done with wordpad, and got writing during lockdown.

The stuff I've done to date is up on Nexus under Scotland 1269, https://www.nexusmods.com/mountandblade2bannerlord/mods/2081 , but I am at the limit of what I can do with my modding skills.

My plans at the moment are as follows:

1. Find the bugs. - There's a crash when you walk around a village or get a mission from a village; also sometimes when you speak to a new companion in the taverns. Not sure why!
  2. Take out the Aserai - currently I've changed the culture to be more European, but left them in as Europeans This is because I don't want to take out Settlements, Lords, clans etc as I don't know what effect this will have on the game
  3. Seek a modder who can put a functioning Scotland map into the game - I was very excited to see the release of the modding kit this week, as I'd like to see a map of Scotland in there, but having tried to start using it for scene generation, realised its beyond me to put a functioning campaign map in game, then move the settlements to be in the proper places.
  4. Design the proper castles in the proper places. Stirling Castle should be the pivot of Scotland. At the moment its in the wrong place, there's no marshland or Stirling Bridge.
  5. Amend the timescale to place this as the Scottish Wars of Independence from 1296, with changes to ownership, clans etc, and include some of the Lords of the era
  6. More rain. (Though a mod came out today which I think does this, will need to check it out).

If you're able to help, please let me know. Better still, go download the mod from Nexus, & go and improve it. At the moment its very much open source!

I'm not proud. The last thing I modded was Rfactor 2 a long time back, and Bannerlord is difficult.

Thanks - I am squashing the bugs - and should have a map to share - handcarved from the main map, in about a week or so.

Progress to date::::

1. Find the bugs. - There's a crash when you walk around a village or get a mission from a village; also sometimes when you speak to a new companion in the taverns. - still with placeholder of quick dialogue!
  2. Take out the Aserai - currently I've changed the culture to be more European, - and cut off all the exits to Scotland in the map! They're now there, but dont bother you.
  3. Seek a modder who can put a functioning Scotland map into the game - Me, it would appear. - I have handcarved a map out of the main map. it works, and looks good - but there are lots of things to do - still in process. All of the settlements retain the same placings on the map, so there's no problem in save games.
  4. Design the proper castles in the proper places. Stirling Castle should be the pivot of Scotland. See above. Handcarving the map.
  5. Amend the timescale to place this as the Scottish Wars of Independence from 1296, with changes to ownership, clans etc, and include some of the Lords of the era - Yup give me a bit of time on this - will be done once the map is good to go - as at that stage, you get the English controlling the choke points. Wallace banner is simplicity itself
  6. More rain. Still seeking support for Scotlands crap climate. MJst have more rain, less palm trees

Last edited:
Nice mod, I'll keep watching but I miss more barelegged highlanders. :wink:

How is the balance handled? The Gaelic parts of Scotland did not use that much armor, do they have other advantages in the mod?

Finally, shouldn't the mod be under "Overhaul" on the Nexus instead of Misc?

Thanks. Lots more to do.
I've managed to update the map from the main map, especially around the Borders and the Highlands, and adapted the navmesh, so I need to put an updated version out.

After that, I was thinking through the troop trees but haven't done much with them yet. So, definitely more bare legged but fast highlanders for
the gaelic culture, , also take out most of the archers and many of the heavier knights for the Anglo -Scots, and change the crossbowmen into normal archers for the English. At the moment I'll cope with the islesmen being Sturgian, although that needs to be amended as well.

Back
Top Bottom