B Medieval Medieval Conquests

Users who are viewing this thread

I felt the urge to play recently, and it felt obvious that a few changed would improve things. The bandit parties weren't interesting enough to fight, so I changed the composition of these, and also made sure that you can risk running into some even bigger bandit parties. The Venetian units of heavy infantry, luxury guard and luxury knight as well as the freelancer elite units all seemed a little too strong to be able to release as prisoners. So, I made troop trees for all of those, which meant adding 16 units and seven items.

I made sure that a few of the companies that you can hire also have some of the new units I added. I changed a few mod faction colors that looked bad on text or were too close to the faction they spawned from. I made sure that you get more items and gold from bandit parties since you now need a bigger army, given that you can face bigger bandit parties.

So, it's not a huge change, but an important one, I feel.

Medieval Conquests - Asjo modded - version 2

The installation instruction: Extract this zip-file into your Steam\steamapps\common\MountBlade Warband\Modules folder

My recommendation: Use bigger army size by editing the value of battle_size in Documents\Mount&Blade Warband\rgl_config.txt to at least 2.7000

Asjo said:
So, I previously made a thread asking people to help me mod various parts of this great mod, to make it even greater. Just moments ago, I posted the results. As you can see in earlier posts, I wrote the specifics of where I made some of these changes in the case, so you can tweak it yourself, should you wish.

So, for anyone interesting, here you are:

Asjo said:
Medieval Conquests - Asjo modded version

Simply extract it to your Steam\steamapps\common\MountBlade Warband\Modules folder.

So, what does it include? Well, I can hardly remember it all anymore, but here are the main changes:

• Added 76 new units, most of which were from Calradia's fire. Some I made up myself and then I also added the original huscarl version, since they're awesome. I downloaded most of the mods in the same category to check if they had some cool units, but few of them did. One unit I did steam was the Slingers from the Brytenwalda. Afterwards, I realized that they were using firearms, so I had to made some stones for them to throw instead. But they're still very cool.
  • Added 211 items, almost all of which from Calradia's fire (over half of these added because the added units used them). Probably made up around 20 myself.
  • I improved the faction colors. A very annoying thing with this mod was that a lot of factions had overlapping colors, making it hard to tell them apart. Now, everyone has distinc colors, and those with somewhat similar colors are on either side of the world.
  • I made all of the neutral parties that spawn more interesting to fight. I made sure they had more unit diversity and could be bigger (to match the bigger army sizes).
  • I changed army sizes so that typical AI sizes will be 300-700 instead of 100-300. Playing army size is scaled accordingly. Morale and wages have been tweaked to fit with this change (wages have been lowered significantly, to allow for a more casual player experience). Sizes of garrisons, neutral parties, reinforcements, etc. have been increased as well
  • I made food last a lot longer, accommodating bigger armies and saving the player some hassle as well.

Asjo said:
I felt the urge to play recently, and it felt obvious that a few changed would improve things. The bandit parties weren't interesting enough to fight, so I changed the composition of these, and also made sure that you can risk running into some even bigger bandit parties. The Venetian units of heavy infantry, luxury guard and luxury knight as well as the freelancer elite units all seemed a little too strong to be able to release as prisoners. So, I made troop trees for all of those, which meant adding 16 units and seven items.

I made sure that a few of the companies that you can hire also have some of the new units I added. I changed a few mod faction colors that looked bad on text or were too close to the faction they spawned from. I made sure that you get more items and gold from bandit parties since you now need a bigger army, given that you can face bigger bandit parties.

So, it's not a huge change, but an important one, I feel.

Medieval Conquests - Asjo modded - version 2

The installation instruction: Extract this zip-file into your Steam\steamapps\common\MountBlade Warband\Modules folder

My recommendation: Use bigger army size by editing the value of battle_size in Documents\Mount&Blade Warband\rgl_config.txt to at least 2.7000

Asjo said:
So, I previously made a thread asking people to help me mod various parts of this great mod, to make it even greater. Just moments ago, I posted the results. As you can see in earlier posts, I wrote the specifics of where I made some of these changes in the case, so you can tweak it yourself, should you wish.

So, for anyone interesting, here you are:

Asjo said:
Medieval Conquests - Asjo modded version

Simply extract it to your Steam\steamapps\common\MountBlade Warband\Modules folder.

So, what does it include? Well, I can hardly remember it all anymore, but here are the main changes:

• Added 76 new units, most of which were from Calradia's fire. Some I made up myself and then I also added the original huscarl version, since they're awesome. I downloaded most of the mods in the same category to check if they had some cool units, but few of them did. One unit I did steam was the Slingers from the Brytenwalda. Afterwards, I realized that they were using firearms, so I had to made some stones for them to throw instead. But they're still very cool.
  • Added 211 items, almost all of which from Calradia's fire (over half of these added because the added units used them). Probably made up around 20 myself.
  • I improved the faction colors. A very annoying thing with this mod was that a lot of factions had overlapping colors, making it hard to tell them apart. Now, everyone has distinc colors, and those with somewhat similar colors are on either side of the world.
  • I made all of the neutral parties that spawn more interesting to fight. I made sure they had more unit diversity and could be bigger (to match the bigger army sizes).
  • I changed army sizes so that typical AI sizes will be 300-700 instead of 100-300. Playing army size is scaled accordingly. Morale and wages have been tweaked to fit with this change (wages have been lowered significantly, to allow for a more casual player experience). Sizes of garrisons, neutral parties, reinforcements, etc. have been increased as well
  • I made food last a lot longer, accommodating bigger armies and saving the player some hassle as well.
So this is like an update for Medieval Conquest ? Should i delete my MC and add this ?

Viking-AllFather: I've not done a lot of real modding in my addition. Just change the way it's played. I find it great fun, with a good deal more longetivity than the original. Mainly, you should only play it if you enjoy big fights and big armies. Other than that, it's basically Medieval Conquests with less stress about money and food and with a lot more units and fair deal more items (and various small changes to improve some factions and characters).

This project is now open source under the MIT license, enjoy!

The latest source code contains some fixes etc that weren't implemented to the latest release build yet, some huge jumps in changes are mostly related to co-op and some experimental features, it also includes experimental features on sending data from a server to player written in Python (serverevents folder) the purpose of that experimental feature was to gather amount of current players in both server (and over-all players playing mod), keep in mind that this doesn't infringe any rights other than a simple 0-1 logic check to see how many players are online, send them message during their single player campaign to inform them of any upcoming co-op/multiplayer events.

Can anyone guess why I can't open the F5 menu to change the AI?
The button just does not do anything.

The rest of the mod works just fine, except that Horse archers just like to use melee weapons :/
At least my Companions do.

edit:
1 Question
How can I open the inventory of my Companions? I mean the items they got in their bag after fighting. I seem to only get them after the next fight. In Floris you could open that window via the camp menu.
When using the advanced loot menu, I can not let my companions take the items, I have to put them in my own inventory. The return button does not let my return to the previous menu after a fight, it's an exit to the world map, leaving all items behind. I think that's bugged?

Besides that, incredible mod!

Claims it tries to represent Medieval times
Proceeds to show Vitruvian Man in the inventory menu  :lol:

Hiking-Viking said:
Can anyone guess why I can't open the F5 menu to change the AI?
The button just does not do anything.

For anyone looking at this in the future, the enhanced AI (brainy bots) feature is not working anymore. What you need to do is to google "Doghotel's Brainy Bots" and download the mod from nexus. The mod comes as a patcher. You simply run the exe and apply it to the MC mod (or any other mod you want). Make sure you disable MC's built in enhanced AI (in the mod options menu). I'm not sure if there is a problem there but disable it to be sure.

Then you need to set the settings of Brainy Bots like before, which you can do by pressing F5 when in battle. Seems to work fine for me. Here are my personal setting recommendations:

Combat AI - Good

Block chance range - 45 to 95 --> The default min chance of 70 is too high imo. It makes looters block all your attacks

Proficiency range --> I'm not 100% sure but I think this is the range of weapon proficiencies that units have in the game, starting from the looter all the way up to the elite knight. So with a block chance range of 45 to 95, units with low proficiencies will have a block chance close to 45% (e.g. looters) whilst the best units will have a block chance closer to 95%. Essentially I think the first number needs to be the lowest prof in the game and the second one the highest. I'm not familiar enough with MC to know exactly what this should be but I set it to 20 to 200. This is assuming native numbers because in native looters have prof of 20, whilst some of the best units have prof around 180 or so. If MC has units with higher prof then you need to up the second number.

Renown bonus --> Set this to 0, because it seems like basically a cheat to give you extra renown. It messes with the intended balance of the mod imo.

Cheers

Hi,

I am trying to install this mod for my son on Steam on Mac. I did apply the font fix and that worked. But we can't figure out how to get past the WSE warning screen with the Twitter quote. What am I missing here? I also tried the V3 lower performance version, same problem. I did try searching this thread, but didn't come up with anything. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Attached is a screen shot of what I'm stuck on.

Gina

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    188.3 KB · Views: 9
this mod was playing great, no idea what happened but 20 new factions suddenly appeared out of nowhere and were gifted fiefs all over the map.

Back
Top Bottom