B Medieval Medieval Conquests

Users who are viewing this thread

giltirn said:
OK, new experiment complete with numbers.

Day 2
Level 1
Health 49
Ironflesh 2, powerstrike 2, shield 1, one-handed weapons 77.

Weapon: 1-handed sabre, swing 39c.
Armor: Crude leather jacket +14 body, crude skullcap with nodeguard +69 head

Damage to player option : normal

Faced 18 mountain bandits. Immediately died in 1 hit from a spear in melee combat that did 114 damage.
Reloaded, died 2 hits - 39 dmg, 32 damage.
Reloaded, died 3 hits, 29, 15, 32 dmg.
Reloaded and found 17 looters. I took down 8 in a row with 1-2 hits per kill doing between 30 and 55 damage per hit before dying in roughly 3 hits.
Reloaded and fought the same 17 guys. Took out 15 in a row before they all ran away. Sword was doing between 30 and 55 damage per hit. Anything over 45ish appeared to be a 1-shot kill.
Reloaded and found a tournament. Fought one on one against a guy with a one handed sword. Died 1 hit, 96 damage. Again, died 58 damage, again 69 damage. For these guys I could hardly get a hit on them as they kept feinting over and over (I have Doghotel's brainy bots disabled and the feint chance set to zero, with poor AI). When I did hit against their iron helm it was doing 0 or 1 damage.

I think it's just broken.

Edit: The disparity between the head and chest armor is huge. I wonder if this mod has really emphasized the importance of armor far more than in native? This would explain why my hits to unarmored faces are killing so easily, why my hits against armored heads are doing so little and why hits against my relatively poorly armored body are doing so much.

Doing 30 damage per hit is perfectly normal in this mod, going up to 50+ if hit in the head or if hit with enough balance, which at low level means you (or the enemy) are screwed because at level 1 you have 49 hp :razz:
This mod DOES emphasize the armor you and the enemy wear, because that is what is historically correct. Only blunt of piercing weapons can do any reliable damage to armored enemies. When I am fighting on foot (if my horse dies xD) nearly all the enemy sword attacks deal 5 damage max because I have 60-70 body armor, but that also means that when I'm fighting enemy lords or high level cavalry my sword won't do s***, hardly reaching 20 damage per hit.

My tip to you is get armor and a good weapon, if you want to go ranged pick a crossbow for lower levels because it WILL deal the damage you want, bows are not as effective in this game unless you are fighting low level enemies or you have an extremely high power draw and archery skill. Vs armor in melee always go piercing at the least, or blunt if you want to deal damage.

Here is some math taken from the module.ini:
# RCM values - This is the amount of damage directly subtracted from due to armor
armor_soak_factor_against_cut      = 0.98
armor_soak_factor_against_pierce    = 0.85
armor_soak_factor_against_blunt    = 0.80

# RCM values - This is the percentage of damage decreased
armor_reduction_factor_against_cut      = 0.5
armor_reduction_factor_against_pierce    = 0
armor_reduction_factor_against_blunt    = 0

What this means is, roughly explained, Cutting weapons (aka sword's swing attacks) will deal no damage vs armor, while blunt weapons will deal the most. Neither pierce nor blunt damage is further reduced after the first subtraction, so even if the blunt damage is lower than the cutting damage from a sword in theory (and ingame) the blunt weapon will still deal more damage vs armored enemies.

So again... buy armor, and do not worry about killing everybody in one hit, once you start dealing with enemy lords' armies you will have a "real" challenge :razz:

Thing that makes me angry is that most of my army is naked, I don't know if it's some bug but It happens all the time, no matter I make a new save.

Zangetsu said:
Thing that makes me angry is that most of my army is naked, I don't know if it's some bug but It happens all the time, no matter I make a new save.

I never noticed anything similar... Do you have the latest version of the mod? Have you installed it correctly?

What nation are you playing as or where in the map are you? Maybe there's a region with naked troops, although highly unlikely...

whirring said:
This mod looks like a Warband 1.5, but the map  is too big. It's not funny traveling for minutes..

that's why "fast travel" is in the game :razz: just press CTRL + SPACEBAR while traveling and you'll speed things up. Even when I'm playing in france I never take more than a few seconds to go from end to end of the country

Having a ton of fun playing this mod, i do however have some issues with the companion export mainly it doesn't work for me.
Aslo some minor glitches in the castle halls or the scotish empire.

Could use a ton of feedback.

Video below is of my series 5ep a week for if your bored

Dailyfix said:
Having a ton of fun playing this mod, i do however have some issues with the companion export mainly it doesn't work for me.
Aslo some minor glitches in the castle halls or the scotish empire.

Could use a ton of feedback.

Video below is of my series 5ep a week for if your bored
*snip*

yeah the companion export does not work for me either, it is a "known" bug.
It is cool to know people are enjoying this mod, keeps it alive :grin:

Even though the mod dev is taking a break and the bugs are numerous I hope this mod does not die, it is a huge improvement over 1257AD...

i am glade it isn't just me, i got it from steam so i thought it might have gone wrong with the relocation of the mod.

to be honest never got around to play 1257 but this mod i am gonna be playing for multiple series

troycall said:
This is not an OSP: You may not use any part of this mod without obtaining permission from the original author in any works, free or commercial, unless otherwise specified.

This is a laugh.

You've taken thousands of assets you have no permission to use yourself, including some of the map icons I made for ACOK, and you claim special exemptions that no one else can use stuff that you haven't created but take ownership of? What a douche move.

Cozur said:
troycall said:
This is not an OSP: You may not use any part of this mod without obtaining permission from the original author in any works, free or commercial, unless otherwise specified.

This is a laugh.

You've taken thousands of assets you have no permission to use yourself, including some of the map icons I made for ACOK, and you claim special exemptions that no one else can use stuff that you haven't created but take ownership of? What a douche move.

You are right this is not a cool move. But don't worry this mod is bugged and makes not even that much fun then the ori. 1257 AD did. IMO.
Then i have to say i used one MapIcon from ACOK for a PoP submod i did, too. For me it was like: "Why on earth should i bother you, because of one MapIcon". Also Bannerlord is so close, i think the community should share most of their stuff as OSP. To keep Warband still interesting. But yeah, not like this... in that scale, thats very cruel troycall.

First of all thank you for bringing us this amazing mod  :grin:

I am facing a few problems though:

1.Some city names of Norway is not displayed properly, like "?SOL", how do I fix it?
2.Not quite sure how to use the crouch command...In addition when I set key bindings "a" becomes "b" and "b" becomes c...

Please help me  :oops:

mc24 said:
First of all thank you for bringing us this amazing mod  :grin:

I am facing a few problems though:

1.Some city names of Norway is not displayed properly, like "?SOL", how do I fix it?
2.Not quite sure how to use the crouch command...In addition when I set key bindings "a" becomes "b" and "b" becomes c...

Please help me  :oops:

1- No idea, never played any nord country yet so I'm sorry but can't tell you anything regarding it.
2- The crouching is weird n this mod, check the mod options on the camp menu and select everything related to crouching. I think the player's character will couch automatically and it should also be activated by key pressing but the key never worked, or I never figured out which one was it :razz:
Maybe you should edit the key binding by editing the text file as a temporary workaround (if possible). I never felt the need of changing the key mapping

I'm on mac and I having trouble installing it. I've put the file in the right place but the patch won't replace anything and loading it up unpatched leads to a text glitch. What am I doing wrong?

troycall said:
drigi said:
Ok, regarding those missing companions. I have enabled that option on second page of the mod option, abd waited obout one week, but nothing happened. It is written they will came in 3 says. Do i have to do something else beside that, TROYCALL?
Get patch 1.14 it resolves that issue, its not save game compatible, tho.

If you sent them prior to enabling that option, the companions will be lost.

In 1.14 its auto enabled by default but you can optionally turn it off for more world map performance.
seems still brokeneven with 1.16 patch

Dear friends and players of Warband!

What an unbelievable mod this Medieval Conquest is. It feels like as if you were a part of your own campaign in ME2 Stainless Steel. Thank you for creating this masterpiece!

I have a question about training my company:

Are there training camps in this mod?
I cant find any training camps.
In comparison to Warband you had training camps were you could fight with up to four members of your army to train them.

Thank you and farewell!

Back
Top Bottom