B Medieval Medieval Conquests

Users who are viewing this thread

With companies like Bethesda not giving a F about mod thefts what do you expect from normal wannabe modders... there are no rules anymore and as Bethesda told the Fallout 4 modders "sue us if its you're work on our site upped by someone else and we'll take it down"
So atm it's anarchy on the modding scene which is bad cuz the real modders are slowly quitting.
Most companies like Creative Assembly would like to see mods die since they rely on DLC sells, and they were embarrassed many times by free modded content better then the DLCs they sell.
 
Rarilmar said:
there are no rules anymore

that is not the case. If there is issues with permissions simple PM a moderator (report button works too) with the information. If they decide this is indeed the case they will block the thread and remove the links. Simple as that.



troycall said:
Release in 9/22/2016, this thread may be moved into the released mods section afterwards.

hope you get all that discussion out the way (remove any non OK content and assets). Mod looks cool, good luck with the testing and release!
 
kalarhan said:
hope you get all that discussion out the way (remove any non OK content and assets). Mod looks cool, good luck with the testing and release!

Wise words as always, Kalarhan. I'm currently taking the asset discussions with kuauik outside the thread.
 
You do not have any permission to use my assets on this mod as well, this include (but not limited) scripts and scenes. Taking a whole mod (5 years of work) adding little bit of tweaks and releasing it as your own just like that is insulting to be honest.
 
DrTomas said:
You do not have any permission to use my assets on this mod as well, this include (but not limited) scripts and scenes. Taking a whole mod (5 years of work) adding little bit of tweaks and releasing it as your own just like that is insulting to be honest.

y tho?

Is he gonna get money out of it? If yes, then I'd agree with you. But if he isn't getting anything from it, why not let him use your assets?
 
TheFlyingFishy said:
Same reason painters would be miffed about people painting clouds over their paintings then rereleasing them, I reckon.

That sounds fine to me, as long as he's not getting money. It'd be pretty cool if someone painted on my art and made it better.
 
arrahik said:
That sounds fine to me, as long as he's not getting money. It'd be pretty cool if someone painted on my art and made it better.
Just cuz it sounds fine to you doesn't mean everyone is like that.
Maybe when you'll actually create something you'll find out how bad it feels when someone else makes a minor change and calls it his work :lol:
 
Rarilmar said:
arrahik said:
That sounds fine to me, as long as he's not getting money. It'd be pretty cool if someone painted on my art and made it better.
Just cuz it sounds fine to you doesn't mean everyone is like that.
Maybe when you'll actually create something you'll find out how bad it feels when someone else makes a minor change and calls it his work :lol:

He isn't calling it his work, though. He just did some improvements on AD1257 and shared them with us. They can make him take the mod down, but I don't see how that would help them. Besides, someone will upload it somewhere else and people will still play it.
 
Hmm, I think one issue here might be how it's presented. If you look at say something like ASOIAF they mention the base mod (Bryt) in the second sentence. Here it's way down at the bottom in the credits spoiler.

If you're basing a mod very heavily on another (not something that can be easily quantified though) then maybe a very prominent mention of that would be the way to go.
 
To be honest, I don't think that here is much to do about this, the mod is already on ModDb and Nexus, lots of people already downloaded it (me included), sure he can be banned from TW forum but so what, there are others forums that he can use to divulge this mod.
 
kraggrim said:
Hmm, I think one issue here might be how it's presented. If you look at say something like ASOIAF they mention the base mod (Bryt) in the second sentence. Here it's way down at the bottom in the credits spoiler.

If you're basing a mod very heavily on another (not something that can be easily quantified though) then maybe a very prominent mention of that would be the way to go.

Also this looks way more like a submod than a whole new mod, is basically the same mod just with mp,bugfixes and graphical improvements.
 
I added the mention to the top of the taleworlds thread, gonna do the same to Moddb and Nexus, I hope this resolves the issue.
 
there is a bug with my name continually changing to lord nyan etc as well as vassals and kings name continually chnaging to other cultures. i downloaded the hotfix but i didnt start a new game. i will start a new game now and test
 
nonam3 said:
there is a bug with my name continually changing to lord nyan etc as well as vassals and kings name continually chnaging to other cultures. i downloaded the hotfix but i didnt start a new game. i will start a new game now and test
This is currently a limitation with how the dynamic names were coded, they update roughly every week, I may reduce the timer so that the issue is less prevalent, and rewrite the code for it at some point.
 
Loading the Mod up takes a horrible amount of time. And if its loaded up in the Start Screen it lags incredible much.

I can play every other Mod (ACOK, 1257AD, AWoIaF) on max settings.
I'm playing on a laptop using a SSD + 3rd Gen i7 CPU + a GTX660m + 8GB RAM.

Is this an NVidia problem with the shaders or what is going on?

The problem is not resolved with version 1.10 of your mod.
The problem is not resolved with version 1.11 of your mod.

I've tried setting everything to minimum but to no avail.
Using your WSE won't help.
Using the newest WSE 4.3.3 won't help.
Using your Shaders V0.7 will normalize the load time but produce a white screen.
Using your Shaders V1.0 will also normalize the load time but produce a white screen.
 
HYPE said:
Loading the Mod up takes a horrible amount of time. And if its loaded up in the Start Screen it lags incredible much.

I can play every other Mod (ACOK, 1257AD, AWoIaF) on max settings.
I'm playing on a laptop using a SSD + 3rd Gen i7 CPU + a GTX660m + 8GB RAM.

Is this an NVidia problem with the shaders or what is going on?

The problem is not resolved with version 1.10 of your mod.
The problem is not resolved with version 1.11 of your mod.

I've tried setting everything to minimum but to no avail.
Using your WSE won't help.
Using the newest WSE 4.3.3 won't help.
Using your Shaders V0.7 will normalize the load time but produce a white screen.
Using your Shaders V1.0 will also normalize the load time but produce a white screen.

Thanks for the testing,
What is your warband version?
Also make sure you have 3gb of ram free for the game.

A static menu already exists in: Optional_UI Folder --> Main Menus\Menu with text engraved & blood
Remove the main_menu_move file from the Textures folder if using that.
 
Back
Top Bottom