OSP 3D Art Medieval and Renaissance weapons - Finished - Aug/10/2013

Users who are viewing this thread

Hello, folks!

I have made a new pack of weapons here, that features mainly axes and polearms, as these are my favourite kinds of weapons. There are more than 100 weapons here, that I hope that be useful for you, modders and players. Now let's see pictures! (it may take a while for them to load)

=====>
From the internet...
=====>
e1fo.png

t9l.png

9ead.png

ahbp.png

naom.png

wm56.png

58u7.png

n39.bmp

6aa9.png
This last one has some pictures from the thread of thick_1988. His "Historical Lords Project" has inspired me to make some of the weapons.  :grin:

=====>
From OpenBRF
=====>
e6g.png

txzp.png

ltak.png
(I had to zoom out to see this image in the full size, because my screen works in 1280x1024, very weird)

cwtz.png

o231.jpg

Don't expect to see a lot of textures this time, there are only 12.
I have changed many models this time, many of the axes are more "sharp" now (still not showing in the pictures above) - Suggestion of Al_Mansur.

That's all!
=====
enjoy!

http://www.mediafire.com/?sk5kxycnn2q5x8g

It would be nice if you credit my work when you use this pack in your mod. Thanks  :mrgreen:
=====
Special thanks to:

Michadr, whose interest in my OSP stuff made me motivated to make this pack

Michadr said:
Lucas_the_Benevolent said:
Thank you! And I am making some more to add soon  :grin:

This is your best work yet, and even more!? nice  :wink:

Oh yeah, even more!

Al_Mansur said:
Excellent work. But you could improve it by making the cutting edges sharper (they are too round in many axes).

Thanks for your constructive feedback Al_Mansur! You mean this, right? (Warning, bad drawing approaching)

Computica said:
Wow these are fantastic. You have a great attention to detail.

I always prefer to make the details from the models, what you see was a nice strategy of mine in the making of the texture and the positioning of the stuff in the UV mapping  :smile: And thanks!

Great job ! I will try to see if some of the weapons your amazing arsenal features will fit in the Warhammer world. Thank you for sharing :wink:

Horla said:
Great job ! I will try to see if some of the weapons your amazing arsenal features will fit in the Warhammer world. Thank you for sharing :wink:

This way it looks like I am going to be famous!  :grin: I like when people use my stuff... this is one of the reasons for me to make these packs

(° ͜ʖ ͡°) said:
Hot damn. Thanks alot.

You are welcome  :smile:

And let me tell you... In about two weeks or three I am going to update this pack adding at least 30 new weapons :grin: (but mainly polearms this time, and some falchions)

AiChichi said:
that spike hammer looks really fearsomenessly ... I like it  :grin:

pretty nice job

Thanks! Yes, that hammer is terrific! :grin: That's why I made it

Slytacular said:
Can you point out which axes come from the 15th century?

Not an easy task, sir... But I will try. Following the order of the pictures "from the internet", the short handled ones are from the Gothic Period (12th to 15th century), I mean the ones with holes and crosses in their blades and fancy curved hafts with knobs at their ends.
At the second picture, there are three horseman's axes, that I believe that belong to this period too, because of the "langets" of one of them (:cool: and the shape of the blade in the other two (1 and 3).
The first axe at the fourth picture and all the ones in the fifth picture, except for the smaller one in the center and the axe in the lower left corner are all from the Gothic Period too.
And finally, in the sixth picture, all the axes, except the dane axe, the gallowglass, the maciejowski (on the left), the poleaxe (upper left corner) and the one at the bottom (the blackened one with langets) are from the Gothic Period too. The "german war axe", the "elspeth", "le duc" and the axe with  triangular head are included in this period too (these only appear in "from OpenBrf").

But if you want to know exactly which are the ones from the 15th century, I think that the ones with more elaborated shapes, crosses, holes, rivets and langets are the ones that you are looking for.  :smile:

I figuered you guys might want to see these in action. There is a axe and the spiked hammer and a few others. Enjoy.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d35sOeRC9og&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Back
Top Bottom