Medics

Do you think that there should be a way of healing teammates with a medic class?

• Yes

Votes: 83 46.9%
  • No

Votes: 94 53.1%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was playing napoleonic wars and I realized that if you get wounded, there's no way of healing. I just had the idea that it would be pretty cool to have like a medic or something that could heal you. The number of people being medic would be limited, and if all the medics on your team died, there would be no way of healing. Then again, on the other side there's historical accuracy. Being shot with bullets in the early 19th century, you couldn't just magically be healed and back on your feet like in CoD. Then that all gets into infection, blood loss, medical camps, stretchers, sawing off limbs, etc. Chances of surviving wounds back then aren't very big. I just want to here all of your opinions.

Eh not really, in a historical sense I dont think there were on the sight medics... Maybe not realistically they could implement a health regeneration setting..

Medic Class will therefore need a saw and whoever he operates on loses a limb because thats the way most " Medics"- Surgeons- operated.

You're right about that. Medics were usually in medical stations sawing off limbs and stuff like that. If there was going to be medics, there would have to be medical stations I think.

Yea.. this wouldnt really work, as I was saying maybe a setting could be implemented to turn off or on health regeneration..

Health regeneration if you stand still for like 20 seconds minimum? Sure, that would work.

Medics? They would be equipped exactly the same as a Sapper, with a big old axe and knife :razz:

Londnred said:
In the British army musicians worked carrying the wounded and minor first aid.

If anybody suggests that the sound of a bloody bagpipe playing next to you does passive health regeneration Im going to find them ingame and tear them limb from limb.

Niftyeye said:
Londnred said:
In the British army musicians worked carrying the wounded and minor first aid.

If anybody suggests that the sound of a bloody bagpipe playing next to you does passive health regeneration Im going to find them ingame and tear them limb from limb.
No, just drag the wounded around, great for trolls...

Oh god please turn on collision for corpses and allow people to pick them up to carry them, imagine making a quick barricade from dead enemies, or (partly) taking cover behind a dead horse :grin:

A few months ago, Decibit and I were discussing how this would work. Would it stop health loss over time or would it heal you? Like if you get shot in the right arm would your aiming be worse after treatment. A bunch of cool things like the fallout limb system.

Get shot in arm - Survive round- next round - last person, fighting duel against last enemy- die from infection from wound of last round.

Do you really need healing? The average battle round is about 5 minutes.

On siege you either storm the breach and get shot, or keep sniping enemies as a defender and get shot.

In both cases you respawn, I don't even 'see' the health bar, sometimes I may get lucky and survive a gun shot or stab, but 9 times out of 10 you get an instant death if you take a hit.

What about like in Nord Invasion, a pot of food can regen your health but I dont really like the Idea anyway,
People play too much Battlefield  :razz:

If medics were to be put in, you would have to actually be affected realistically by swords and gunshots. Such as if you were shot in the knee, you would limp around, or if you were sliced across the arm, they would have to put a bandage on it. It gets complicated.  :???:

So. ArmA2 ACE mod Medical Module for Napoleonic Wars? I'm game for it.

"MEDIC! This man need epinephrin!"

Though, if we incorporated that, I would demand the ear busting sound system ACE incorporates, i.e next to cannon firing without Earplugs? Prepare to throw your headset off  :lol:

Imagine this: If your health drops to 5% or lower, you fall down, and start looping a wounded animation for about 4 minutes. This would give medics the chance to set up a small field hospital consisting of a bed and a table for tools, after which the wounded soldier could be carried and placed on the bed, and the medic could start the treatment, after which the soldier would be with full health, but if the medic doesnt get there in time, the soldier will just bleed to death.

Would give a bit of depth for the game, though its not going to happen. :razz:

If you add bleeding, then you can have medics that stop the bleeding. I don't think healing is a great idea.
Unless its like restoring health to 33 percent or so.
A horse doctor could be handy :razz:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom