Medicine most OP skill in the game

Users who are viewing this thread

It isn't a skill thing. It's me not wasting my own time running around getting more cavalry. I'm pretty much agnostic on troop types (Are you riding a horse? Yes? You're in!) but it isn't really fun going around from settlement to settlement. That's why I was skeptical you could get to Medicine 275 without taking big (25% of your party or more) losses in every fight.
I don't lose 25% of my troops every battle, not even close to that amount. What I gave was a range depending on the difficulty of the battle/siege. Troops are easy to come by don't use that as an excuse. And I'm definitely not going to settlement to settlement after every battle as you claim. It doesn't take you any less in game time or precious out of game time to get to clan tier 4 than it does me. You're reaching for an excuse to justify you being wrong and not being able to make medicine work for you.
I usually run an all-mounted party (solo), deaths in battles amount to around 2-5, generally, against lord parties in size from 60-120.
Call it a matter of different playstyles. You enjoy a playing safe numbers game to get to clan tier 4. While I enjoy more of a challenge that reaps bigger rewards.

How many deaths/injuries during sieges? Mass horse archers? What mods do you use?

I don't lose 25% of my troops every battle, not even close to that amount.
To answer you question about losses. From battles I'll lose around 5-20 troops to deaths mostly infantry and depending on the size of the battle/siege 30-150 injuries.
Your numbers. 35-170 losses (not necessarily dead) against a party size of about 120-250 during the first two years, without Stewardship racked up.
How many deaths/injuries during sieges? Mass horse archers? What mods do you use?
In my party? Generally 3-5 dead and 10-25 wounded. I almost always take the time to build four trebs and knock down the walls on top of knocking out all the enemy siege engines. Since build time is correlated with party/army size, I usually call in a huge army around my party. Total army losses generally under 50 dead.

Yes, I use horse archers.

This and my previous playthrough I just used Family Control and Distinguished Service, along with editing the death in battle rate back up to 10%.

Your numbers. 35-170 losses (not necessarily dead) against a party size of about 120-250 during the first two years, without Stewardship racked up.
That's why I was skeptical you could get to Medicine 275 without taking big (25% of your party or more) losses in every fight.
I don't lose 25% of my troops every battle, not even close to that amount. What I gave was a range depending on the difficulty of the battle/siege.
In my party? Generally 3-5 dead and 10-25 wounded. I almost always take the time to build four trebs and knock down the walls on top of knocking out all the enemy siege engines. Since build time is correlated with party/army size, I usually call in a huge army around my party. Total army losses generally under 50 dead.
Except your numbers are misleading and your leaving out the fact that I'm accomplishing the same goal as you with about the same amount of deaths just with less total numbers. Which means I personally get all the rewards. Also, pay attention to key words, I said not EVERY fight am I losing 35-170 troops but that it was a range depending on how difficult the fight. You conveniently left that part out too. The fights that I lose 20 men to deaths are very rare. And 20 troops is very easy to recoup without going from settlement to settlement recruiting wasting time. That's a bit of an over dramatic claim. Injuries don't matter and don't slow down the player when taking numerous fiefs.

When I siege I don't even bother with anything but ladders and sometimes a ram. Like I was saying we both get to the same place in about the same amount of time with different strategies. If anything I might get there quicker because of my increased renown gain per fight on average is higher since I'm fighting bigger parties/armies. Medicine is viable without sacrificing troops because they're not sacrificed their just injured. Big difference.

Like I was saying we both get to the same place in about the same amount of time with different strategies. If anything I might get there quicker because of my increased renown gain per fight on average is higher since I'm fighting bigger parties/armies. Medicine is viable without sacrificing troops because they're not sacrificed their just injured. Big difference.
I'm not talking about gaining renown or anything other than reaching Medicine 275.

Like, I don't think anyone was saying Medicine wasn't viable. The only question I had was how you were getting to Medicine 275 in 168 days or less. And clearly, you're invested in that method, considering how mad you got about Ananda and I making a joke.

Some people just hate clowns. I blame that Joker. It's funny because I adopt the clown emoji to let people know it's at least 1/2 a joke, don't get too mad. But they get even madder! Then I adopt the Pills, to remind everyone to take thier schizophrenia medication. But you know, some people like to get mad online and some people just won't take their meds.

I'm not talking about gaining renown or anything other than reaching Medicine 275.

Like, I don't think anyone was saying Medicine wasn't viable. The only question I had was how you were getting to Medicine 275 in 168 days or less. And clearly, you're invested in that method, considering how mad you got about Ananda and I making a joke.
You opened the door to talking about renown gain with your poor attempt at critiquing a playstyle that's different from your own and calling it a waste of time. Now that I've dismantled every piece of your argument your trying to walk back your comments because your too cowardly to admit you were wrong.

I could make the same argument about you being invested in your method. So much so that you will look for any excuse to trash someone else's idea in order to raise yourself up. Nobody in this forum has a monopoly on how to play this game efficiently. Not even you or Ananda. Get over yourselves. And don't hide behind a pathetic excuse like it was just a joke. Own what you say or don't say anything at all.

Some people just hate clowns. I blame that Joker. It's funny because I adopt the clown emoji to let people know it's at least 1/2 a joke, don't get too mad. But they get even madder! Then I adopt the Pills, to remind everyone to take thier schizophrenia medication. But you know, some people like to get mad online and some people just won't take their meds.
Sounds like a cowardly attempt to trash people while clinging to the excuse that your only half kidding. If you were a real destroyer you'd own your thoughts and say what you truly mean. Ananda_The_Coward more like it.

Well isn't this just the pettiest thing I've seen in a while. Quit your little slap fight, or go hard in the paint and simplify this situation for me. In either case, stop taking potshots at each other and commit to being decent or not.

Own what you say or don't say anything at all.
Sure.

There's no way to reach Medicine 275 in 168 days without taking big losses regularly or mild exploiting in some way. If you ask them how they'll do it, they'll come up with something about how these outsized losses are typical or a method of deliberately cheesing to take dozens of wounded then claim it is normal.

The normal range of losses for a typical BL player is much lower and that can be verified by watching about 10 or 15 minutes of any of the ongoing streams up at top.

Well isn't this just the pettiest thing I've seen in a while. Quit your little slap fight, or go hard in the paint and simplify this situation for me. In either case, stop taking potshots at each other and commit to being decent or not.
If you can't find your mop maybe it's time to resign. Some posts violate a TOS and some don't. You just need to clean up threads.

Both of you are at fault here, and I gave you a chance to back off. If you want to direct your anger at me instead, go right ahead, but don't do it in this thread anymore.

Sure.

There's no way to reach Medicine 275 in 168 days without taking big losses regularly or mild exploiting in some way. If you ask them how they'll do it, they'll come up with something about how these outsized losses are typical or a method of deliberately cheesing to take dozens of wounded then claim it is normal.

The normal range of losses for a typical BL player is much lower and that can be verified by watching about 10 or 15 minutes of any of the ongoing streams up at top.
different game styles my friend. Its not an exploit doing this if you want it, I'd personally hate to lose even a single one of my soldiers, due to me being this awesome, worthy of admirations and honorable commander. But seriously it who gets to 275 in day 168, you monster!

different game styles my friend. Its not an exploit doing this if you want it, I'd personally hate to lose even a single one of my soldiers, due to me being this awesome, worthy of admirations and honorable commander. But seriously it who gets to 275 in day 168, you monster!
Just losing guys on the regular isn't an exploit. To be clear, the "mildly exploiting" part I'm referring to is this:
Sieges are great because you can force the enemy town/castle into using catapults which helps get you a lot of high tier troop injuries and few deaths.
It isn't as bad as some others but if you're deliberate trying to face a rack of catapults for the sake of maximizing wounded, that falls somewhere on the same spectrum as the old blunt arrow friendly fire trick.

It's astonishing to me that intentionally taking casualties is still a viable way of levelling medicine. There has to be a better way of designing that mechanic. It might make more sense for surgeons to gain levels just from overall damage taken after a battle, even for guys who don't get knocked out. Then they use the skill to prevent wounded's from dying.

It's astonishing to me that intentionally taking casualties is still a viable way of levelling medicine. There has to be a better way of designing that mechanic. It might make more sense for surgeons to gain levels just from overall damage taken after a battle, even for guys who don't get knocked out. Then they use the skill to prevent wounded's from dying.
Yeah, there should be an additional way of levelling medicine. Out of all the skills, medicine is the most counterintuitive one to level. It essentially requires you to play the game worse to level faster.

Sure.

This is where you are wrong. You make assumptions and nit pick peoples words to get the worst possible meaning just so you can justify your own flawed opinions. Your problem is can't make it work for you so you have to **** all over someone else who was able to make it work and be efficient for them.

There is no normal way of playing a deeply flawed game. If I had video of how you play I'm sure I could rip it apart all the same and point out all the ways you exploit the game. So don't try to justify yourself with terrible opinions like that.

@ Timmy13 You have to at least post something interesting to be worth trashing. Or enough giant schitzo post to make it actually annoying to read a thread.
I've seen your videos along with many others. You occasionally say something smart but all you do is complain about every little tiny thing that doesn't suite your OCD singular playstyle. This game has plenty of flaws and issues but you take it way too far. No wonder the devs don't listen to people in the forums.

It seems the actual intelligent contributors to bannerlord avoid the forums probably to avoid ignorant people like yourself.

That's the problem, the only way to really train medicine is to be '****ty' at the game (ie more losses/casualties). Then those that exploit it get the higher medicine skills quicker and reaps substantial perks more than a player that maybe tactfully plays the game to suffer the least amount of casualties and only get to ~140 medicine at that same 'pace' of playthrough.

They need to add more avenues besides 'usage' to gain skills. Why should assigning a companion to surgeon role immediately mean I can't also gain some minute amount of XP in it.

That's the problem, the only way to really train medicine is to be '****ty' at the game (ie more losses/casualties). Then those that exploit it get the higher medicine skills quicker and reaps substantial perks more than a player that maybe tactfully plays the game to suffer the least amount of casualties and only get to ~140 medicine at that same 'pace' of playthrough.

They need to add more avenues besides 'usage' to gain skills. Why should assigning a companion to surgeon role immediately mean I can't also gain some minute amount of XP in it.
Except that's not true. There is more than one way to play this game well and efficiently. You have flawed opinions about a medicine build because you haven't found creative ways to play it well. That's not medicines fault that is your own.

Everyone here wants to believe that they are the most tactful commander and their way is the only way to beat the game efficiently and quickly. That is the problem. Everyone in here wants to believe they are the only masters of their domain. You're not. Open your mind and expand your horizons to find new ways to play the game well.

Its funny the people who complain about this game being too grindy usually play in a such a boring way that no wonder they complain all the time. You get out what you put into this game. If you play it in a boring grindy way your going to get a boring grindy experience. While this game does have many many flaws most people are the cause of their own miserableness.

Its not really an exploit since it comes at a high price in terms of lost progression. Though, I do agree that it still need to level a bit faster to really be of interest.

Back
Top Bottom