Medicine most OP skill in the game

Users who are viewing this thread

Roguery 150 "Partners in Crime"
Oh they changed that? Pretty sure it wasn't like that before.
Well after nearly a year we have a fix coming for partners in crime not working as advertised.
I've been informed that this bug is fixed and the fix will be sent to the game with future patches. Thanks for reporting and sorry for any inconvenience!
https://forums.taleworlds.com/index...es-not-work-as-described.449479/#post-9846224
I thought the party skills depended on an active member being awake? If the player character and all the companions are knocked out, then party skills no longer would apply or is it only the perks that stop working?
AFAIK it's just the captain perks in the battle that stop working when the captain is KO'd. In warband support skills were immediately nullified (or changed to next highest in party) when the owner got KO'd, but it does not seem to be so in bannerlord, other then captain perk effects.

Well after nearly a year we have a fix coming for partners in crime not working as advertised.

https://forums.taleworlds.com/index...es-not-work-as-described.449479/#post-9846224

AFAIK it's just the captain perks in the battle that stop working when the captain is KO'd. In warband support skills were immediately nullified (or changed to next highest in party) when the owner got KO'd, but it does not seem to be so in bannerlord, other then captain perk effects.
Honestly, they could've left that bug alone and I'd have been fine with it. By the time I've gotten to 150 roguery, there aren't any bandit parties that can overpower me anyway, unless I've specifically put them there with mods.

Let me ask you something.. If your doctor how do you become a better doctor if people don't become hurt or seriously injured? Like it or not that's the only way to really improve your skills. What you want is some kind of pay to play feature. To each their own.
Yes, doctors/surgeons improve through practice, not disputing that at all and not what I'm arguing against. They also develop through schooling/academics as well as thousands of intern/residency hours too if you want to be fair with that analogy. Likewise, they also 'train' any other residency surgeons with them too, which is essentially what I'm asking for with other companions/player. Not sure how that's 'pay to play' but whatever.
So, yes, the surgeon should gain the most through 'experience' obviously, but I guess the analog here is that to only get the best doctors/surgeons is to throw them into the most trauma-laden/ER situation; situations which you manufacture/'advocate' in order to get the best surgeons.
The more I hear your arguments this is what I hear: "I'm upset because Taleworlds will only let me play with one toy at a time and I want to play with all my toys whenever I damn well please, this is stupid. Also, why can't I just show up and automatically become good at everything without trying, this is stupid."
I don't understand, before you wanted more player option diversity, now you don't? The way TW designed their systems practically only allows the player to play one toy at a time or compels them because the other toys are all broken down and degraded and we can't even choose to play with both the 'good' toy and the '****ty' one at the same time too.
The main stupidity is them going with the 3:1 skill/level system akin to WB, but tacking on the 'gain by use' as well as the focus progression; but also locking out progression and restricting it only to X, Y, or Z companion/player. If they are going with that 'RP gain by use' system, don't also make it dependent on attribute/focus points.
Not trying to be a d*** just my humble assessment.
Sure, "I'm not a racist but...".

Yes, doctors/surgeons improve through practice, not disputing that at all and not what I'm arguing against. They also develop through schooling/academics as well as thousands of intern/residency hours too if you want to be fair with that analogy. Likewise, they also 'train' any other residency surgeons with them too, which is essentially what I'm asking for with other companions/player. Not sure how that's 'pay to play' but whatever.
So, yes, the surgeon should gain the most through 'experience' obviously, but I guess the analog here is that to only get the best doctors/surgeons is to throw them into the most trauma-laden/ER situation; situations which you manufacture/'advocate' in order to get the best surgeons.
That's a bit reaching.. they learn schooling/academics just to get the privilege to begin to develop their doctor skills. Plus, they already made a change to how fast medicine can be gained in one of the earlier beta patches along with leadership.
I don't understand, before you wanted more player option diversity, now you don't? The way TW designed their systems practically only allows the player to play one toy at a time or compels them because the other toys are all broken down and degraded and we can't even choose to play with both the 'good' toy and the '****ty' one at the same time too.
The main stupidity is them going with the 3:1 skill/level system akin to WB, but tacking on the 'gain by use' as well as the focus progression; but also locking out progression and restricting it only to X, Y, or Z companion/player. If they are going with that 'RP gain by use' system, don't also make it dependent on attribute/focus points.
The options are already available and viable. The difference is you want it so that any and all builds can become a superman build and that you don't have to specialize your builds. I like how it's setup now it limits the player and forces him to be strategic about what kind of build he wants in order to access certain perks. It makes sense and it's more realistic. Besides the player has every advantage in the game anyways. Medicine is only difficult for some to level because the game is absurdly easy. That's not medicines fault that's the games fault. If there are some skills that are actually hard to level then they should be fixed. Medicine just isn't one of them.
Sure, "I'm not a racist but...".
Touche lol though I'm not a racist.

I'll be honest I haven't played this game in over a month. And I don't know if I'll be coming back to the game. This is because it's become readily apparent that the community and the developers do not think that the lack of challenge is an issue. I think the game is headed in the wrong direction and I don't see that changing especially when I read peoples post's and when I see updates from the dev's that seem to show zero interest in making the game challenging.
Check out the streams some time. Most players will never once paint the entire map. The majority of them won't even get more than a dozen settlements under their faction. A lot of them will struggle with the moment they create a kingdom, doing it with too little money, not enough access to troops, a party that's too weak, not having enough Charm or traits to bring over other clans or any number of other little mistakes that the game doesn't tell the player about and does a very terrible of explaining through its mechanics.

It isn't challenging to many people on this forum because almost all the people on this forum are Warband and Viking Conquest veterans who have been playing Bannerlord for the last three years. We are a bad group to adjust difficulty based upon.

Also, Warband was even easier than Bannerlord. Stacking Trainer skill + Surgeon maxed meant you rarely had troops die and when they did it took like seven days to make a new top-tier troop to replace them.

Check out the streams some time. Most players will never once paint the entire map. The majority of them won't even get more than a dozen settlements under their faction. A lot of them will struggle with the moment they create a kingdom, doing it with too little money, not enough access to troops, a party that's too weak, not having enough Charm or traits to bring over other clans or any number of other little mistakes that the game doesn't tell the player about and does a very terrible of explaining through its mechanics.

It isn't challenging to many people on this forum because almost all the people on this forum are Warband and Viking Conquest veterans who have been playing Bannerlord for the last three years. We are a bad group to adjust difficulty based upon.

Also, Warband was even easier than Bannerlord. Stacking Trainer skill + Surgeon maxed meant you rarely had troops die and when they did it took like seven days to make a new top-tier troop to replace them.
I Couldnt agree more.

Moreover, when suggestions do emerge purporting to make the game more challenging what is being suggested is invariably just to make the game take longer to complete through increasing or introducing more grinding. The game just does not need to be stretched out further.

I haven't checked out many streams on here but I've seen many on youtube. I've never played warband or viking conquest my only experience has been with bannerlord for the past year and the forums for a recent short period. When I first started I made all the same rookie mistakes as everyone on those streams but over time I learned from experience. They could do a better job at explaining but they chose to put that responsibility on the player. In a way I kind of like that. You get out what you put in.

I'm not interested in making it more difficult for all players. With the current difficulty settings there's nothing for experienced players outside of seeing how many limbs you can hack off before you get a modicum of difficulty. Honestly, I'm jealous of those players on the streams. The more they play the more their best days are behind them.

There are good and bad reasons to adjust difficulty based upon this group in the forums. We all agree something is wrong and something is missing the problem is we are all over the place in terms what actually is missing and what to do about it. Regardless of how much experience a player has with a game it should still offer up a challenge. Yes, players play games to have fun but mostly they play for a challenge otherwise what's the point. It seems Taleworlds only focus is draw in and keep new players. To keep old players they dangle the idea of future content. Eventually new players become experienced players and experienced players become upset subset players.

I Couldnt agree more.

Moreover, when suggestions do emerge purporting to make the game more challenging what is being suggested is invariably just to make the game take longer to complete through increasing or introducing more grinding. The game just does not need to be stretched out further.
Except it kinda does need to be stretched out otherwise a lot features become futile. Very early on the player snowballs and knows with 100% certainty that victory is 100% inevitable. What follows becomes the grind. If the game was a lot harder you wouldn't be complaining about grind. The problem is they spoiled the experienced player with such pathetically easy gameplay that any mention of adding a challenge instantly makes players wet themselves and cry more grind.

Except it kinda does need to be stretched out otherwise a lot features become futile. Very early on the player snowballs and knows with 100% certainty that victory is 100% inevitable. What follows becomes the grind. If the game was a lot harder you wouldn't be complaining about grind. The problem is they spoiled the experienced player with such pathetically easy gameplay that any mention of a challenge instantly makes players wet themselves and cry more grind.
We just dont agree on this. As a player I thing you go through an obscene amount of battles and sieges. It overstays its welcome. You can play the game more than one time.

That's a bit reaching.. they learn schooling/academics just to get the privilege to begin to develop their doctor skills. Plus, they already made a change to how fast medicine can be gained in one of the earlier beta patches along with leadership.
It is a reach, because how it is currently also doesn't match up with any RL analogy. So, if we go with that 'RL' thinking, maybe make the 'surgeon' role only available or more advantageous after a certain X# skills in medicine (say 50 for arguments sake), but not give a hard lock or prevent the other members from gaining XP just because you clicked one to be the surgeon. They already have a soft lock by way of their skill/attributes/focus points anyways. Doesn't take away the fact the end-perks are OP, but at least it's not a one or none option as it is currently.
The options are already available and viable. The difference is you want it so that any and all builds can become a superman build and that you don't have to specialize your builds. I like how it's setup now it limits the player and forces him to be strategic about what kind of build he wants in order to access certain perks. It makes sense and it's more realistic. Besides the player has every advantage in the game anyways. Medicine is only difficult for some to level because the game is absurdly easy. That's not medicines fault that's the games fault. If there are some skills that are actually hard to level then they should be fixed. Medicine just isn't one of them.
They did away with that with the ability to reset perks (which I'm fine with). I'm not looking to make a superman build - and the way they do have it set-up, the only way for the player to be 'superman' is if they don't enable death/aging.
Medicine is only 'hard' if you're good at the game (ie less casualties), but also, if you're good at the game, does that mean the only feasible means to get medicine to 275+ is by 'foolishly sacrificing' units?

Really, the main issue I have is, how amalgamated they made the whole skill/roles/perks system. The party roles should've been their own 'skill/growth path', where each level of progression opens up perks that actually pertain/applicable at each stage for said role. Likewise, with governors (/caravans). I mean, pull out all the 'governor' perks as they have in all the current categories, and you can just make that its own skill path, only gainable/usable by an assigned governor after X amount of time or XP or however else (building completion, quest resolved).

I think most of the issues is the lack of challenge, as it's not tuned/timed/scaled well. The very beginning can be, but you very easily slingshot right past many elements to the end (painting map one color) which is the exact same grindiness whether you have 2 towns or 4+.
We're advocating to either add more (they won't) or at least extend the early stages of the game so it makes even getting a foot into the late-game more 'rewarding'. Before they realize how very lacking the late-game is; but then one can choose to continue or not from there.
Exaggerated example but, imagine playing an MMORPG, but you get x5 exp boost so they speedtrack you to the late game but there is no late-game element (like most MMORPGs would or should have; or side content).

I think most of the issues is the lack of challenge, as it's not tuned/timed/scaled well. The very beginning can be, but you very easily slingshot right past many elements to the end (painting map one color) which is the exact same grindiness whether you have 2 towns or 4+.
We're advocating to either add more (they won't) or at least extend the early stages of the game so it makes even getting a foot into the late-game more 'rewarding'. Before they realize how very lacking the late-game is; but then one can choose to continue or not from there.
Exaggerated example but, imagine playing an MMORPG, but you get x5 exp boost so they speedtrack you to the late game but there is no late-game element (like most MMORPGs would or should have; or side content).
The early part of the game is the most rewarding part; its where you see progression in most areas. So yeah, extending the early game would be welcomed.

The problem is just how to do that in a meaningful way.

It is a reach, because how it is currently also doesn't match up with any RL analogy. So, if we go with that 'RL' thinking, maybe make the 'surgeon' role only available or more advantageous after a certain X# skills in medicine (say 50 for arguments sake), but not give a hard lock or prevent the other members from gaining XP just because you clicked one to be the surgeon. They already have a soft lock by way of their skill/attributes/focus points anyways. Doesn't take away the fact the end-perks are OP, but at least it's not a one or none option as it is currently.
If you make them party leaders you don't have this issue. Making them party leaders will grow medicine fast especially family members who can max it out. Outside of this though you're right it's difficult. But not impossible.
They did away with that with the ability to reset perks (which I'm fine with). I'm not looking to make a superman build - and the way they do have it set-up, the only way for the player to be 'superman' is if they don't enable death/aging.
Medicine is only 'hard' if you're good at the game (ie less casualties), but also, if you're good at the game, does that mean the only feasible means to get medicine to 275+ is by 'foolishly sacrificing' units?

Really, the main issue I have is, how amalgamated they made the whole skill/roles/perks system. The party roles should've been their own 'skill/growth path', where each level of progression opens up perks that actually pertain/applicable at each stage for said role. Likewise, with governors (/caravans). I mean, pull out all the 'governor' perks as they have in all the current categories, and you can just make that its own skill path, only gainable/usable by an assigned governor after X amount of time or XP or however else (building completion, quest resolved).
Not entirely, the important part isn't the perks necessarily it's attribute point management. That you can't change. That decides the perks you get to benefit from. The game is setup for specialization of two attributes you can max out. When you spend your attribute points wisely it allows you to get the most out of a build while also setting logical limits for the player.

I think the main issue is misunderstood. The skills/roles/perks system is just fine. The difficulty level of the game that we were given that coincides with that skills/roles/perks system is the problem. Well, tactics is a problem too. How are you not bored from fighting battles/sieges and getting zero deaths every time? Oh wait.. you are, that's what the grind is. If the game was more challenging and prevented the player from taking everything so quickly and easily, it might actually make for a better and more balanced game.

I'll be honest I haven't played this game in over a month. And I don't know if I'll be coming back to the game. This is because it's become readily apparent that the community and the developers do not think that the lack of challenge is an issue. I think the game is headed in the wrong direction and I don't see that changing especially when I read peoples post's and when I see updates from the dev's that seem to show zero interest in making the game challenging. Everyone seems perfectly content with the fact that they can own nearly half the map before day 200. If anything people seem to want the game to be even easier and more streamlined to paint the map. This is a major problem whether people want to admit it or not. Some people may want to scream that this isn't a problem and the problem is new content is needed. But until the developers make the game more challenging new content is only a band-aid solution.

I really dont think a game of this scale and length is never going to be challenging in the way you're describing. There is just too much repetition and too much real time investment for it to feel like a proper challenge and not a waste of your irl time. Sure you could make every individual siege extremely difficult, but its still effectively just one siege you have to do 200 times. It suffers from the same problem as every modern strategy game where you get too strong for the AI to deal with about 1/5th of the way through a full conquest, and the rest is just cleanup busywork. There would be no difference in the level of skill required if the AI simply surrendered at this point.

The only two strategy games I've played that actually feel challenging are Shogun Total War (the first one) and Steel Division II. One thing both games have is good pacing. You only need to fight 10-20 battles over 10 hours total in either campaign, but there is a good chance of losing the entire campaign due to a single mistake.

Botching a campaign 6 hours in is kind of a bummer but you still feel like giving it another go. But if Bannerlord was paced the way it currently is, with no sense of "completion" until 50+ hours of grinding, and you could still lose the campaign, it would be a horrible experience.

I think the way to get the best of both worlds is to have different goals that you can end your campaign on. Currently it's just endless war until world conquest, but I would like to see smaller campaigns, maybe even preset starting conditions where you begin as a king who has to recapture some territory from a bad initial posiiton. It would actually be challenging if you started with say 100 men, and had to capture a specific city by the allotted time. Or for example each faction has some goal like "defeating all the other empire field armies and forcing a reunion" and once that's achieved they stop raging reckless wars and you can say "I'm done".

You don't extend early game. You greatly slow down mid to late game snowball. One of the main reasons people create new games all the time is because early game is the only challenging part of the game which makes it more enjoyable. It's more enjoyable because you can actual lose a fight. The further from early game you get the more likely the game turns grindy because unless you do something outrageously stupid its impossible to lose and victory is inevitable. That is what makes everything feel so grindy like you just going through the motions.

I really dont think a game of this scale and length is never going to be challenging in the way you're describing. There is just too much repetition and too much real time investment for it to feel like a proper challenge and not a waste of your irl time. Sure you could make every individual siege extremely difficult, but its still effectively just one siege you have to do 200 times. It suffers from the same problem as every modern strategy game where you get too strong for the AI to deal with about 1/5th of the way through a full conquest, and the rest is just cleanup busywork. There would be no difference in the level of skill required if the AI simply surrendered at this point.

The only two strategy games I've played that actually feel challenging are Shogun Total War (the first one) and Steel Division II. One thing both games have is good pacing. You only need to fight 10-20 battles over 10 hours total in either campaign, but there is a good chance of losing the entire campaign due to a single mistake.

Botching a campaign 6 hours in is kind of a bummer but you still feel like giving it another go. But if Bannerlord was paced the way it currently is, with no sense of "completion" until 50+ hours of grinding, and you could still lose the campaign, it would be a horrible experience.

I think the way to get the best of both worlds is to have different goals that you can end your campaign on. Currently it's just endless war until world conquest, but I would like to see smaller campaigns, maybe even preset starting conditions where you begin as a king who has to recapture some territory from a bad initial posiiton. It would actually be challenging if you started with say 100 men, and had to capture a specific city by the allotted time. Or for example each faction has some goal like "defeating all the other empire field armies and forcing a reunion" and once that's achieved they stop raging reckless wars and you can say "I'm done".
I think you overestimate the scale and length it would take to give a significant change to difficulty. Once you change the difficulty then you can tweak the number of battles. But if you tweak the number of battles now it just streamlines a flawed system. Playing video games is a waste of time regardless but we do it anyway. If your being given a better quality product maybe people would enjoy 200 battles and not care about the increased wasted time they invest in the game.

It doesn't suffer from the same problem as every other modern strategy game. This game is an easy game in general. I've only been playing a year but when I was new I thought even then it was pretty easy. The only difficult part is learning builds, perks and how perks interact with the rest of the game. Combat is very easy and simple. More high tier troops or just sheer numbers.

It might be horrible but you might respect it more in the end.

I agree with all that for campaign modes. Too bad we'll never get either of what we want.

We just dont agree on this. As a player I thing you go through an obscene amount of battles and sieges. It overstays its welcome. You can play the game more than one time.
It overstays its welcome because its too easy. Beating the pulp out of the enemy and taking zero losses all the time is the grind. It's because you know the end is certain very early on in this game.

What I don't understand is thinking that in order to improve a flawed game the logical option would be to make that flawed game over sooner so you can restart and continue playing that flawed game. Over and over again. To me this isn't a logical fix.

I think you overestimate the scale and length it would take to give a significant change to difficulty. Once you change the difficulty then you can tweak the number of battles. But if you tweak the number of battles now it just streamlines a flawed system. Playing video games is a waste of time regardless but we do it anyway. If your being given a better quality product maybe people would enjoy 200 battles and not care about the increased wasted time they invest in the game.

My point is that "challenging with a high skill ceiling" and "fun to play long epic campaigns with" are opposed to each other. You can have both in the same game like Kenshi, but you can't stretch out the feeling of early game challenge for 200 of essentially the same battle. They would have to make every siege fundamentally different like how every "siege" or bounty in kenshi has to be tackled differently, or significantly reduce their number.

In Bannerlord people play for so long that it would just be unfair to them to include a true loss state. There is a permadeath option, but nobody in their right mind would scrap 40 hours of their life because of dying to an arrow. As a result, the longer a campaign is, the more forgiving it has to be for failure, and the more it becomes a casual experience where you can't really lose.

Obviously I'm not just suggesting "streamlining a flawed system". If the game was shorter in its current state it would be more tolerable but still very boring. But for there to be actual strategy the pacing has to be drastically changed for at least some playstyles, and the idea the world conquest is the only real goal should be scrapped entirely.

The only productive ways to increase difficulty would have to also add additional mechanics and specific controls both for live battles and control of AI parties remotely to increase the level of management required of the player. TW doesn't want to any of these things so that's a dead end. You need to make the player have to DO more and DECIDE more. Just adding more and more enemies or costs is useless against veteran players, at most just making them not replay if it's even more tedious. At most we can hope for some improvement in AI behavior in live battle. The AI already gets piles of band-aides to keep it on it's feet, so giving more of anything just increases the already annoying parts of the game. And of course people post daily about their struggles and getting stuck with the game as it is.

The only productive ways to increase difficulty would have to also add additional mechanics and specific controls both for live battles and control of AI parties remotely to increase the level of management required of the player. TW doesn't want to any of these things so that's a dead end. You need to make the player have to DO more and DECIDE more. Just adding more and more enemies or costs is useless against veteran players, at most just making them not replay if it's even more tedious. At most we can hope for some improvement in AI behavior in live battle. The AI already gets piles of band-aides to keep it on it's feet, so giving more of anything just increases the already annoying parts of the game. And of course people post daily about their struggles and getting stuck with the game as it is.
Ohh there are plenty of productive ways for you to improve difficulty. But first we'd have to list all the different ways and reasons the player can snowball as early as possible. In addition list all the number of ways the player can avoid casualties in battles and sieges. The real goal is to slow down the players snowball. You need to make the player have to do more with less. The player will always have an abundance of anything more than the AI. The player has every advantage in this game and the AI we've been given has been completely neutered in every way. Kingdom bank or not. The reason isn't that there aren't good enough ways to increase difficulty it's because players don't want to lose all the different ways in which they are able to exploit the game.

Ohh there are plenty of productive ways for you to improve difficulty. But first we'd have to list all the different ways and reasons the player can snowball as early as possible. In addition list all the number of ways the player can avoid casualties in battles and sieges. The real goal is to slow down the players snowball.

This is a road to hell paved with good intentions, and I've seen too many games do this only to become easier and less difficult. The player should be allowed to snowball if they play well enough. The only way to prevent snowballing in a dynamic game like this is to dramatically lower the skill ceiling by removing player abilities, effectively punishing people who are good at the game by forcing them to endure as much of the game as a casual.

Anti-snowball mechanics in games just slow the player down, they don't raise the skill ceiling or even make it much more difficult. It just turns the game into a kind of PvE where you fight the game more than the other AI.

Ohh there are plenty of productive ways for you to improve difficulty. But first we'd have to list all the different ways and reasons the player can snowball as early as possible. In addition list all the number of ways the player can avoid casualties in battles and sieges. The real goal is to slow down the players snowball. You need to make the player have to do more with less. The player will always have an abundance of anything more than the AI. The player has every advantage in this game and the AI we've been given has been completely neutered in every way. Kingdom bank or not. The reason isn't that there aren't good enough ways to increase difficulty it's because players don't want to lose all the different ways in which they are able to exploit the game.
If the player isn't actually doing more things, performing more actions and more decisions, more control over the situation, you're not actually increasing the challenge, you're just adding padding and repetition to an already repetitive and drawn out game. It doesn't matter if it's adding or taking away, it's the same effect of just "okay player now do it 20X instead of 10X". Many players don't use any exploits, but I agree they should be removed or remade into systems that make sense at some point. Of course "exploit" has an actual meaning, not just "thing I don't like" which I read players often lump anything they don't like as "exploit" 'broken" "OP" or other miss used phrases.

The difficulty level is always Bannerlord.

The difficulty level is irrelevent because even by playing the game straight up without using exploits the game offers little challenge for experienced players.

Medicine's 275 perk is the most OP final perk in the game. Hands down. It can be reached by year 86 if maxed out early and you don't have to sacrifice or waste units to do it. All your units become tanks and in late game you rarely have any recruiting difficulties or needs. You can conquer all of Calradia with just a 300-350 man army moving death ball.
And playing the game "straight up" is at the easiest settings, thus no challenge.

And playing the game "straight up" is at the easiest settings, thus no challenge.
Last I checked playing the game on bannerlord difficulty isn't at the easiest settings.

If the player isn't actually doing more things, performing more actions and more decisions, more control over the situation, you're not actually increasing the challenge, you're just adding padding and repetition to an already repetitive and drawn out game. It doesn't matter if it's adding or taking away, it's the same effect of just "okay player now do it 20X instead of 10X". Many players don't use any exploits, but I agree they should be removed or remade into systems that make sense at some point. Of course "exploit" has an actual meaning, not just "thing I don't like" which I read players often lump anything they don't like as "exploit" 'broken" "OP" or other miss used phrases.
The issue isn't giving playing more actions and more decisions. The issue is that the player isn't held accountable for the actions and decisions he already makes. For that to happen there needs to be more balanced trade offs in player decision making. For example during sieges the player can choose to siege down the walls. The is a smart choice. The problem is that there is no penalty for taking down the walls. You can take down the walls then 2 days later get into a siege and those walls are magically good as new. This is unrealistic and in order to balance it and you need force the player to think strategically by making it a more difficult choice. Otherwise there is absolutely no downsides to taking down the walls and the player will just abuse it every single time. Thus turning it into an exploit. The game is littered with examples like this. How can you force a player to be more strategic when he is given zero downside to any decision he makes.

New Players will struggle with the game but the part your leaving out is that after they admit they struggle their next sentence usually is but I absolutely love the game and I'm having a blast. They are a having a blast because there is a struggle to overcome. This doesn't exist for experienced players which is probably why they have become so bitter and miserable.

Back
Top Bottom