Medic perk- DOA

Users who are viewing this thread

Tommy121

Recruit
The perk should be working as it’s listed as one of the few that is. Issue is I can’t raise it, level it up. New play through I died 8 times in first 12 battles. I hired a medic companion and assigned him as surgeon. I religiously dragged my whole armies to cities to wait and heal. Yet my perk stayed at 3 points and never moved after hours and hours of gameplay/ battles.

bugged? Am I doing everything right?

You have to set yourself as the Surgeon for your clan, which is fairly ridiculous but there you go. It means if you want to get scouting/medicine levelled you have to set yourself as the scout whenever you are moving and the surgeon any time you're recovering in town manually.

You have to set yourself as the Surgeon for your clan, which is fairly ridiculous but there you go. It means if you want to get scouting/medicine leveled you have to set yourself as the scout whenever you are moving and the surgeon any time you're recovering in town manually.
Normally your MC is considered all non-assigned roles so you can get scout and medic exp if neither is assigned.

The perk should be working as it’s listed as one of the few that is. Issue is I can’t raise it, level it up. New play through I died 8 times in first 12 battles. I hired a medic companion and assigned him as surgeon. I religiously dragged my whole armies to cities to wait and heal. Yet my perk stayed at 3 points and never moved after hours and hours of gameplay/ battles.

bugged? Am I doing everything right?
You've described this very confusingly: you assigned a companion as surgeon and now your MC doesn't gain medicine skill? That's normal, un-assign them if you wan to raise it on MC. Same with other roles. Assign nobody and MC is the roles. You can still benefit from any 'party' medic perks the companion has even if they're not the surgeon, so you can even have multiple medic companions to have say 'walk it off' and 'triage tent' at once.

I honestly suggest just grabbing the best medic(s)you can find and not using MC, it levels up absurdly slow. If you find a medic with 120 skill or so, you'll probably never lap them. A Medic with some INT and FP in Medicine can raise the skill too, they're rare but they do spawn.

I honestly suggest just grabbing the best medic(s)you can find and not using MC, it levels up absurdly slow. If you find a medic with 120 skill or so, you'll probably never lap them.

Medicine doesn't really level up that slowly. If you're losing troops hand over fist like AI parties, Medicine levels just fine. But most players limit their losses so they never really grind the skill, the way they would with Stewardship, Scouting or weapon skills.

Medicine doesn't really level up that slowly. If you're losing troops hand over fist like AI parties, Medicine levels just fine. But most players limit their losses so they never really grind the skill, the way they would with Stewardship, Scouting or weapon skills.
You mean GRIND THEIR BODIES?!?!?!?!

You have to set yourself as the Surgeon for your clan, which is fairly ridiculous but there you go. It means if you want to get scouting/medicine levelled you have to set yourself as the scout whenever you are moving and the surgeon any time you're recovering in town manually.
Ok thanks.
I think I won’t assign anyone to any roles so hopefully I get accredited for skill points

The late stage of my Sturgian penance playthrough was essentially riding a wave of low-tier infantry from massacre to massacre.
Do you think when you die in Calradia you just lose all equipment and get dropped of at you home village to be recruited again?
That's why recruits are almost as good at fighting as t5? Maybe sometimes you don't lose all the equipment and that how t2+ recruits get to the villages?

Back
Top Bottom