SP - Quests Mechanic - Add noble to quest

Users who are viewing this thread

kapko

Recruit
Right now, I personally do not feel like there is any need to interact with most of the nobles. And most of the interactions are rather empty, if you know what I mean.

My idea is simple. Allow the player to work on certain quests with other nobles. It may be just an option like leaving the companion, but instead you would contact a noble from the owning clan of the settlement and you would work on the quest together. There might be a persuasion check to get him help you, so he may refuse and if you do it on your own, you can talk to him again and laugh at him or something :smile:.
Anyway, it would be great to actually get to know some of the nobles, allowing the player to create bonds with them and finally acknowledge their existence besides them being a tool that delivers you more men to your army.

The feature would help especially with quests like "Extortion by deserters" if you do not have enough men, so basically the early game. (Though, it might be harder to pass the persuasion check in the early game.)

Thanks for reading, I would like to hear your opinions on this please.

This sounds very immersive!

It will be a great chance to improve relation with nobles and improve leadership skill early in the game.
This could be a simple dialogue option asking noble for help for up to ~5 days as the Player is working on a quest that will aid the kingdom.
If the persuasion check is successful an army is created influence-free (playing as mercenary it is difficult to accumulate it). After completing the quest the army gets disbanded and short dialogue is activated with noble who thanks the Player and informs that they need to return to their business. The noble cannot be persuaded straightaway to go on a new adventure.

I miss the noble interactions alot from earlier versions. Like asking who they support for fief X, where is Lord Y etc. Involving them in notables quest would be nice.

It could be the/a alt way sometimes - convince liege/governor to help with whatever is the task.
Connect the lowborn and feudal worlds, be the spoc. :smile:

This sounds very immersive!

It will be a great chance to improve relation with nobles and improve leadership skill early in the game.
This could be a simple dialogue option asking noble for help for up to ~5 days as the Player is working on a quest that will aid the kingdom.
If the persuasion check is successful an army is created influence-free (playing as mercenary it is difficult to accumulate it). After completing the quest the army gets disbanded and short dialogue is activated with noble who thanks the Player and informs that they need to return to their business. The noble cannot be persuaded straightaway to go on a new adventure.

Exactly. It may be a great help in the early game and just adding more interactions with the nobles is kind of what the game needs at the moment.

Back
Top Bottom