• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unedited:

[talking about blizzard games, mentioned how they have many great successes.]

OctoDonk: Basically, **** games.
WookieWarlord: what?
OctoDonk: Diablo I and II are overrated, Diablo III is a ****fest apparently (Its online only, they BLOCK mods and they have a cash shop)... I'll be honest and say I liked KOTOR II though
WookieWarlord: loooool
WookieWarlord: are you trolling me?
OctoDonk: No, no I r not.
WookieWarlord: alright then
WookieWarlord: explain to me how Diablo I and II are overrated
WookieWarlord: and do you realise that Diablo is made by blizzard, and KOTOR by bioware?
OctoDonk: ****
WookieWarlord: you honestly think they're the same company?
OctoDonk: I confused
OctoDonk: Anyway, Diablo
WookieWarlord: I suggest we terminate the subject
WookieWarlord: We don't agree and the original point is that you should try sc2
OctoDonk: Diablo I, never played it. Diablo II, played it, couldn't get into it. No matter how good a game is to people, there will always be those who don't like said game. I mean, some people don't like Skyrim...
WookieWarlord: yes, but you said its ****, not 'i dont like it' you seem to not care about anyone elses opinion other than your own
WookieWarlord: thus incapable of a civilised debate
OctoDonk: Exactly.
WookieWarlord: ok
OctoDonk: I didn't say Diablo is ****
OctoDonk: I said it was overrated
WookieWarlord: OctoDonk: Basically, **** games.
OctoDonk: Basically
WookieWarlord: not basically
OctoDonk: That doesn't cover the 100%
WookieWarlord: 'in my opinion', **** games
WookieWarlord: basically implies the majority
OctoDonk: If I wanted to cover the full list of their games I would have said, "ALL THERE GAMES ARE ****"
OctoDonk: Who says that Diablo has to be part of the majority
OctoDonk: ?
OctoDonk: Annnyway
OctoDonk: When my internet resets I will download the trial
WookieWarlord: all of the blizzard games I brought up are hiiighly successful, but for  them to be basically ****, you are either taking only your own opinion or the opinions of the minority
WookieWarlord: thus your argument is invalid
WookieWarlord: are you typing or is there a rogue left over letter?
WookieWarlord: its killing me
OctoDonk: My argumant isn't invalid just 'cos you say it is. To say they are **** was my opinion solely. I'm sure others feel the same but im not into quoting people. You saying my argument is invalid because of it being my opinion is a **** move tha has no basis. By your logic if my argument is invalid because its only my opinion then your statment saying that my argument is invalid is itself invalid since iys merly you're sole opinion.
WookieWarlord: oh
WookieWarlord: i was saying your argument was invalid based on its merit, it has no worth on its own other than being your opinion. If you cant back anything up with facts or logic, then I must take anything you say soley as your own opinion
WookieWarlord: Since you clearly aren't going to preface anything with: 'I think' or 'My opinion is'
WookieWarlord: thanks for clearing it up for me
OctoDonk: Of course its my opinion and I don't feel the need to preface my statements because it seemed pretty obvious. I of course can't speak for the entire human race or all of Korea, nor even my next door neighbour. In this context, arguing about a game, opinion is everything, the basis of my argument lies within my experiance playing the games. I've never been able to enjoy the majority of them, though there is a minority that I have been able to enjoy.
WookieWarlord: Korea is the entire human race
WookieWarlord: or will be
OctoDonk: Sure, I was a bit hasty with my insult but I didn't think it would evolve into a full blown argumant.
OctoDonk: To say an argument has no merit because its based soley on ones opinion though is silly since products rely on the opinions of people to sell, everyone develops their own opinion about the product. No matter how good the masses think something is, there's always people who disagree with those people. I'm sure if I had the time and money to buy the games I could build you a list of things I dislike about them, but that would be time consuming and this argument would cease to exist once I had completed the list. As I said, my current opinions are based on my past experiances. My argument has merit simply because I am able to have an opinion.
WookieWarlord: an opinion backed up with reasons and facts is a worth while opinion, an opinion such as 'its ****, 'cause I don't like it'  does not have worth or merit
WookieWarlord: if you're going to make such a bold claim, at least be ready to defend it
WookieWarlord: there's no objectivity in your statements
OctoDonk is now Away.
OctoDonk is now Online.
WookieWarlord: Your last sentence by the way - 'My argument has merit simply because I am able to have an opinion' is quite radical. Any argument put forth by someone ever has merit? 'God hates fags 'cause i believe its so', I'm sure that person thinks his argument has merit too, and all his past experiences have led them to believe it.
OctoDonk: Aye, if I knew you were going to be so defencive about the topic then I would have come ready to defend myself. But as I said, I was hasty with my initial insult to the company and their products. But my statment claiming I was never able to get into Diablo and other games from the company is a sufficient argument. Yes, everyone who puts forward an argument has merit, a lot of the time they're nod educated (or whatever) enough to explain their basis though. If someone was to say 'God hates fags' in my eyes thats a stupid argument and in MY opinion has no substance. But who am I to tell them different? For all I know there COULD be a god who DOES hate fags.
WookieWarlord: no thats their biased, ignorant and subjective opinion, it has no merit WHATSOEVER
WookieWarlord: so i assume we have different definitions of what constitutes merit
WookieWarlord: If you revoke your statement and instead say 'I dislike blizzard games in general' then i'm happy to drop the argument
WookieWarlord: I'm understandably going to try and defend a company that has produced some of my (and indeed, the worlds) favourite games of all time
WookieWarlord: it's not an opinion that there is no God, it's a scientific fact. it can never be proved that there is no God, just like it it can't ever be proved that any certain thing doesn't exist, but until there is sufficient evidence to the contrary, the fact is evolution is true and god is false
OctoDonk: Oh really? So you're able to tell them there is no god, and he doesn't hate fags? Who the **** are you to say that? You're just some guy who on the grand scale of things knows **** all about most things (like the rest of the human race). You have no right to tell someone they're wrong when in actuall fact you can't prove that they're wrong. Your argument that there is no god is based on soley your own opinion, and to call someone bias that has a different view is just ****ing stupid.
OctoDonk: No one, nor nothing can prove there is no god
WookieWarlord: I think and express opinions and arguments based on evidence and logic, not lack of education and stupidity
WookieWarlord: thats what I said, it cant be disproved, but its still a fact that there is no god
WookieWarlord: nothing is ever certain, but some things are damn probable, these things are called facts
WookieWarlord: there's no point saying that its 99.9% probably that evolution is a correct theory, you call it a fact
WookieWarlord: I can't believe you're disputing that
OctoDonk: That is not a fact.
WookieWarlord: yes, yes it is
OctoDonk: No, no its not. How is it a fact when theres no proof to say he doesn't exist?
WookieWarlord: LOL
WookieWarlord: prove that there are no invisible, undetectable and all knowing pink unicorns flying above my head
WookieWarlord: its not a FACT that there aren't cause you cant disprove it!
OctoDonk: I can't. But there might be. You can't prove they're not there.
WookieWarlord: exactly, but its still a fact that they arent
WookieWarlord: fact as the scientific community knows it
OctoDonk: how so?
OctoDonk: Who says they're
OctoDonk: right
OctoDonk: Maybe gods playing tricks on everyone
WookieWarlord: scientific fact is based solely on EVIDENCE and LOGIC
OctoDonk: That god planted there
OctoDonk: to test your faith
WookieWarlord: you know not what fact is
OctoDonk: a test that you faild
OctoDonk: failed
OctoDonk: I know what a fact is, yes.
OctoDonk: I spent many years studying historical fact
WookieWarlord: if god does exist, and I go to hell, do you think that i'll be ashamed? no I used the mind that 'god gave me' and reasoned out his nonexistance
OctoDonk: I know you wouldn't. Nor would I. If god does exist I want to go to hell, I do not want to be praised or 'saved' by some 'lord' who in actual fact acts like a fascist.
WookieWarlord: oh god, dont use 'actual fact acts like a fascist' when we are discussing what fact means
WookieWarlord: oh god dont say 'oh god' when discussing god
WookieWarlord: this has derailed

Diablo 3 is ****, I agree. I'll still end up buying it though just cause all my friends will  :mad:

Nothing really stood out when playing the beta that made me want to buy it.

I voted Other just to be contrary. Because Havoc is right about one thing: this is pretty childish. Don't go around posting private conversations.

I knew I was being silly for posting it but he seems to have a strong opinion which I, and I thought perhaps others would disagree with, and hence displayed it for public scrutiny. Havoc doesn't mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom