'' McDonalds incident '' Man beats up two women after he gets assaulted

Users who are viewing this thread

Austupaio said:
Well, he ****ed himself over by using a weapon. It's too bad the idiots who hopped the counter will get off scot-free because he went overboard.

I don't know what the assailant was doing when she was on the ground near the end of the video, but it did seem disproportional for the guy to keep hitting her after she has stopped coming after him.

Cases of disproportionality like this do have precedent in the US. Bernard Goetz for example, it usually isn't the fact that he shot four men that was mugging him that tips the hat against him, it's usually the fifth shot he made at a seated assailant as Goetz walked and stood over him that made this act of self defence excessive.

I don't know enough about the video or know where to look for further information about it, but it did seem to me that after the assailants had backed off and one of them was on the ground, that he didn't need to inflict any further strikes to defend himself.

The suggestion that the assailants might have had a gun and that this might have justified him never letting up on the attack, is inadequate in these situations I think. If you don't see any evidence that they do possess a firearm, it's usually the case that assuming they do have one is unjustified, and that if the evidence is ambiguous and the person is looking to defend him or herself, they should try out the ones where they aren't inflicting harm onto the backed off assailant. Self defence is only viable if it is justified. It's rarely permissible if the possibility of a threat is merely suspicious.

I remember this one time at a school I went to a friend of mine got ambush by two whores who tried to beat him up. He started fighting back after they landed a few blows and then in the end he got expelled and they walked away with no punishment what so ever.

Aye, true.

But that sad thing is the rest of his schooling life was ****ed up 'cos he didn't lay down and take the beating.

Swadius said:
Cases of disproportionality like this do have precedent in the US. Bernard Goetz for example, it usually isn't the fact that he shot four men that was mugging him that tips the hat against him, it's usually the fifth shot he made at a seated assailant as Goetz walked and stood over him that made this act of self defence excessive.

Different situation. Goetz was (and is) a nut. Though, to be fair, if you read up on the employee involved here, he has a criminal record with a murder conviction.

Still, unlike Goetz, the two women here were actually attacking him and even pursued him when he tried to disengage.

Justified up until 0:42, then after that, the guy's out of the umbrella of self-defence and under provoked assault.

His testicles should be removed by legal order and sewn onto each of these women's foreheads as a reminder of their foolishness.  The most aggressive of the girls should have his surgically excised penis stitched onto her chin. 

yeah, suing is a real problem over here(not that Im saying anything about this, did not even watch the vid set)

Just to be clear here; there was no backing off assailant as they both went down like *****es. One even went down before she even got hit. Talk about pussying out.

Talking legal issues; would he get jailed or not?

iCock said:
your nightmare said:
I take it you're not really familiar with the American tradition of suing everything that moves.
Not really. :razz:
/sues iCock

hirovard said:
i lol'ed at that video. they deserved it and i support his actions. i either would have done what he did or much worse
I'd need more information, it's still in the air for me.

iCock said:
Talking legal issues; would he get jailed or not?

I think in cases like these community time, fine, and movement restrictions would be appropriate, if the retaliation wasn't too severe to cause long lasting damage. It would probably be more severe if the guy was on parole though.

If I was the employee, I would have actually wanted to see exactly what they were going to do. Wait for a punch or two, atleast then you would be sure that you have the "right" to give them hell.

So now we support corporal punishment for criminals? Self defence doesn't include punishing your attacker.

iCock said:
Just to be clear here; there was no backing off assailant as they both went down like *****es. One even went down before she even got hit. Talk about pussying out.
So pussying out is not the same as backing off? And to be fair, I don't know how many people would (or should?) stand up to a surprise attack by an armed and physically superior attacker. 

Back
Top Bottom