[MBMC] Mount & Blade Modding Contest [Q3][Scening] - [Sponsored by TaleWorlds]

Users who are viewing this thread

Dj_FRedy said:
Hurry is not a good companion, they say in my land... I don't know if in English this makes any sense. Hurrying to finish a project is never good, I come to say...
Yeah you know sometimes you gotta finish something to at least submit a work hours before you move out and stay away from your PC :lol:
I still feel lucky because I can't say to myself I didn't do the thing that I really want to.
Yeah in result hurrying is never good.

@Flavius
I think it would be great if you took the time to finish your scene for the contest's OSP pack. It's obvious you had some neat ideas but didn't manage to pull them off properly in time.

Big thanks for running this at all. If i'd known about the earlier contests i surely would have wanted to enter those too~

Honestly really stoked to be getting (tied) for 3rd place, i didn't expect it at all after i saw some of these other submissions c_c

I too would love to get a breakdown of the scores though, and some of the notes. There are a few things i hold myself to in evaluation and i wonder how other people see those things. Plus always nice to get more detailed feedback #.#

(and not to sound like... materialistic, but how are SageMcQuincy and I to deal with prize-y stuff? Are we gonna be fighting over bannerlord keys or having a duel to the death....?)

xombie5 said:
Big thanks for running this at all. If i'd known about the earlier contests i surely would have wanted to enter those too~

Honestly really stoked to be getting (tied) for 3rd place, i didn't expect it at all after i saw some of these other submissions c_c

I too would love to get a breakdown of the scores though, and some of the notes. There are a few things i hold myself to in evaluation and i wonder how other people see those things. Plus always nice to get more detailed feedback #.#

(and not to sound like... materialistic, but how are SageMcQuincy and I to deal with prize-y stuff? Are we gonna be fighting over bannerlord keys or having a duel to the death....?)

In regards to the prizes, Sage already collected his reward and seeing how he came in first he'll get the Bannerlord key. Sorry about that. Also, for now just contact the judges or they will reply to you here in regards to the notes of your scenes (as they have in the past pages).

Actually, I think Callum might have said something about getting us another Bannerlord key for the double 3rd place so you'll probably get a key as well  :iamamoron: :wink: (you're getting one).

More in the PM.

xombie5 said:
Awesome scene. I'm surprised you're surprised :smile:

Some of my notes:
- Aesthetically very pleasing scene. The terrain/landscape In general has been given a lot of care and the castle is filled with little details that complete the decaying look.
Especially the entrance to the castle, over the destroyed bridge, is very atmospheric (for lack of a better word).
- A complex design makes it really interesting to besiege this scene. Archers on walls are almost hidden until they hit you. The defenders are standing quite far back from the gatehouse and a siege becomes an open fight in the area by it. There's also a second small entry close by that the AI doesn't use, but the player can use that to her/his advantage. Despite all the impovised barricades and rubble I could not find places where the player or troops get stuck. The AI mesh works well.
- Unconventional scene with a castle in decay. The belfry as gatehouse and the many makeshift barricades are nice touches to a well designed scene.

l7WRs.jpg
oqNDF.jpg
ghEl_.jpg
FrIt4.jpg

Well deserved, congratulations Akathir and others!

Also, why is it so hard for some people to realize they just have a lot to learn about level design, complaining is what amateurs do.

It was a tough competition, so I was very happy to get second place! Well done, everyone.

In previous contests the judges had tables which broke down the different scores and the reasoning for those scores. If such tables were made for this competition I'd love to take a look.

xombie5 said:

I'm also interested in this and I'd be very grateful for the feedback.

InVain said:
@Flavius
I think it would be great if you took the time to finish your scene for the contest's OSP pack.

I definitely want to finish that scene, mainly for my own use, although I don't know how fast I can wrap things up while writing my master's thesis. Best estimate as of now may be before the release of Bannerlord.  :lol: But in all seriousness, I don't think it will be done before January 2020. When do you want to release the OSP?

Dark_Hamlet said:
xombie5 said:

I'm also interested in this and I'd be very grateful for the feedback.

Further feedback won't hurt I guess. I'd be interested, too.

I was hesitant to upload my score table because of the number of participants and because it wasn't announced in the contest rules beforehand. But here's the score of those people who openly asked for it (+the top scoring participants who hopefully don't mind).

https://www.dropbox.com/s/68t97elsc9anx0u/MBMC%20Scening%20Q3%202019%20-%20Kopie.xlsx?dl=0

@Flavius Aetius
I don't know when the mods will assemble the OSP. But I think you can still post your updated scene in the respective forum thread once it's ready. :smile:

Why noting on 10 when it is said on the rules its on 40 ? If you want to note 25/40 you will note it 6/10 ? I see that none of your notes is with 0,5. Happy to be back on the forums !

Noting on 40 and noting on 10 and x4 is not exactly the same thing ! Stop asking me questions, they will ban me again, they are very powerful, they are everywhere. :ohdear: I know it was a rhetorical question ! But i have to assume my alert launcher role ! That too many misunderstood for trolling :???:

"Learn to die to live forever !"

I really appreciate getting to see your breakdown, Invain~
It's nice getting to see more notes.
And aye, i noticed the problem with the unsettled background terrain too late into making it. Actually extended the river on the last day to cover more of the map because i wasn't gonna finish in time <.< Sometimes we must cut corners ¬.¬

Do want to note though that i did use shading all over fall of fargrave ._. (provided you mean the terrain paint tool), though it's pretty subtle and mostly just paths and fields tinted.

InVain said:
I was hesitant to upload my score table because of the number of participants and because it wasn't announced in the contest rules beforehand. But here's the score of those people who openly asked for it (+the top scoring participants who hopefully don't mind).

https://www.dropbox.com/s/68t97elsc9anx0u/MBMC%20Scening%20Q3%202019%20-%20Kopie.xlsx?dl=0

@Flavius Aetius
I don't know when the mods will assemble the OSP. But I think you can still post your updated scene in the respective forum thread once it's ready. :smile:

Thank you for the feedback!

@Ettenrocal 4 judges x 10 points = 40 points overall. Stop being so cranky. :wink: A 10-point-skala is more than enough to give an accurate rating, probably even 5 points would work.

@xombie Oh, sorry I didn't notice it. Maybe it was a bit too subtle for me :wink: Yeah, what I usually look out for is AO shading. It may come down to personal taste, but that's why there are four judges.

@Gokiller Updated the file:

Back
Top Bottom