[MBMC] Mount & Blade Modding Contest [October 2018][3D Art]

Users who are viewing this thread

Alphα said:
You kept the same mesh as the pavise shield ?

Nope. Mine has more rounded edges and is slightly different. I DID copy the straps from the native shield, though, so that I could get the positioning right.

Hello friends! Could you please specify number of points given for performance? Because description says that there are up to 16 points, but listed only 3 categories (LOD, textures, number of tris) with max 4 points per each. So where is 4 points more? :grin: Please correct me if I'm wrong and missed something :smile:

Just my humble opinion on the long strap (the one that's supposed to be for the body): it's better not to have it than to have it.
Since armors differ a lot in thickness plus they're skinned and constantly move, this ugly strap usually ruins the entire picture by either hanging in the air or clipping through the armor (and this happens right at the very center of an agent, the center of attention).
And since there is little space between a shield and the back and you don't usually see what's there it's better to omit the strap and imagine that there is some other sort of hidden ehh... thing that attaches the shield to your back.

Avelium said:
Hello friends! Could you please specify number of points given for performance? Because description says that there are up to 16 points, but listed only 3 categories (LOD, textures, number of tris) with max 4 points per each. So where is 4 points more? :grin: Please correct me if I'm wrong and missed something :smile:

I presume the remaining 4 points will be awarded at the judges discretion. Possibly, as it’s for performance, on how well the shield & straps fit to a Warband skeleton etc. Just guessing.  :grin:

Avelium said:

During the whole planning, we managed to fail at basic mathematics  :cool:

The categories were now fixed to reflect the correct numbers. Thanks for noticing!

Forum username: kraggrim
Submission name: Shield of the Heavens
Download link: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1xSBA0OiBWZ1pcbGGTj-9y9l-j0hAc-ok

By submitting this work I agree to the rules and regulations of this contest.

xYfu3.jpg
lLw4f.png
kragWIPshield02.jpg

We've decided to allow submissions that contain native assets. Having said that, we have come across a significant issue with the current conceptualization of OSP and the use of native assets. (Can't really give away TW property.) We therefore ask all participants to clearly denote their inclusion. Due to the late notice on this matter, we will not detract points from submissions that utilize a native base - though this may change in future contests (lower OSP value). We will address this going forward - after we have come to a resolution on what OSP means for this community. This may lead to a reclassification of some submissions (and other resource packs) to LSP. Still, non-commercial use in Warband mods will be guaranteed for all submissions.

Further, we have also decided to permit the use of base OSP textures (e.g. a seamless wood texture, or a grime texture). Their use also needs to be clearly communicated.

Yo!
I didn't have time to make an entirely new shield, but I found an old one on my PC that could fit in here, so I polished up the textures a bit.
It probably doesn't fit the theme, but ey - noone said the dude who wants the shield was European ayy :grin:
Now the Shield does have some damage, which doesn't fit the theme, but out of artistic freedom I didn't want to remove the scratches because they make for neato detail ^^

All the textures I used were either generated/photographed by me, or textures.com in case of some decals

I also have no idea how to get stuff into warband, so I'm just gonna do this:

3d Preview
Screenshot.png

Download Link

edit (forgot to add this ^^)

Forum username: NPC99
Submission name: hoplite shield
Download link: https://www.mediafire.com/file/zd48aqrnz1a05oj/npc99_shield.zip/file

-3Uhu.jpg

bonus material added:
aldyv.jpg

wgG7u.jpg

9J0wh.jpg

Tpn4h.jpg

0VAft.jpg

Edit: a fifth bonus material added.

Forum username: JFire
Submission name: Nobleman round shield
Download link: https://drive.google.com/open?id=12cAh4U29Q8oDBkWhjVX0jRKsGhnN7ruY
(upd 31.10.1:cool:

VYDELENIE_005.png

VYDELENIE_006.png

]

mb7.jpg

VYDELENIE_013.jpg

VYDELENIE_014.jpg

JFire said:
VYDELENIE_005.png

VYDELENIE_006.png

]
Download link: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1LOkWLvDFfJNWG_lYT1YLcCraSoJ3990Y

mb4.jpg

VYDELENIE_003.png

VYDELENIE_004.png

Great shield  :grin:
Out of curiosity, did you manually edit your normal/bump map after generating it from your diffuse texture?

JFire said:
VYDELENIE_005.png

VYDELENIE_006.png

]
Download link: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1LOkWLvDFfJNWG_lYT1YLcCraSoJ3990Y

mb4.jpg

VYDELENIE_003.png

VYDELENIE_004.png

Wow, I love it! Can you maybe post a link to the source image?

NPC99 said:
Out of curiosity, did you manually edit your normal/bump map after generating it from your diffuse texture?

Thanks.
I didn't edit bump map after generating. maybe I will do it later, because I make one more shield...

InVain said:
Wow, I love it! Can you maybe post a link to the source image?
Of course - https://www.hermitagemuseum.org/wps/portal/hermitage/digital-collection/15.+weapons%2c+armor/667386

JFire said:
NPC99 said:

Thanks.
I didn't edit bump map after generating. maybe I will do it later, because I make one more shield...

It doesn't need editing, it just looked as though you'd managed to get a smoother normal map in certain areas (such as the ship hull and windows) than elsewhere. The normal map generators I've used tend to treat the whole image the same way.

Back
Top Bottom