mb_warband_dedicated - Server crash?

Users who are viewing this thread

Achilles MçDonald™

Sergeant at Arms
Hello,

I was running my server and the server just randomly crashed this is the error code!:

Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name:APPCRASH
  Application Name:mb_warband_dedicated.exe
  Application Version:1.0.0.0
  Application Timestamp:5200a93e
  Fault Module Name:mb_warband_dedicated.exe
  Fault Module Version:1.0.0.0
  Fault Module Timestamp:5200a93e
  Exception Code:c0000005
  Exception Offset:00055977
  OS Version:6.1.7601.2.1.0.272.7
  Locale ID:1033
  Additional Information 1:0a9e
  Additional Information 2:0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
  Additional Information 3:0a9e
  Additional Information 4:0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

That crash information means nothing to me; it would only be useful for the developers of the game engine with access to the C++ source code (TaleWorlds).

But the server probably didn't crash randomly: you might be able to track it down by working out which features people were using at the time, then checking the involved scripts (or at least the changes from default PW) to see if any operations could be called incorrectly, with insufficient checking of pre-conditions. In case you didn't know: it is important to read the dedicated server console for possible script errors, rather than just starting the server with a script and only checking the chat log (if you don't have access to the server to read it real time, you might find the errors in rgl_log.txt - I don't remember exactly how it works because I always view the server console). In that case the server could have been flooded with script error messages, causing memory leaks and eventual crashing; most of the mysterious crash reports I have been sent in the past turned out that way.

Back
Top Bottom