SP Antiquity [MB] Lords and War of Rome(Closed..For now, Never dead.)

Longer Battles?

• Yes

Votes: 9 42.9%
  • No

Votes: 9 42.9%
  • Maybe

Votes: 3 14.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dion/Folcwar said:
My knowlegde of rome is rather limited, I have been intrested in the Germanic Culture, wich I read stuff about (atleast what there is to be found) and about the ancient egytians, with mostly the middle and new kingdom.

what I know about rome, is that they had regular civil warss, that there was always *****ing about power. and that they had alot of war.

Germanic culture is also interesting, but I like Roman Republic the most :grin: ( not the Empire, screw that  :mrgreen: )
Okay, I disagree with 'regular civil wars'. There were civil wars just in the last century BC, and that was a transition process in which a Republic slowly turned in the Empire. *****ing about power? Hmm, yes , Romans wanted to conquer a world.  :grin:

David Stark said:
Indeed they did.
Also, in addition to all the wars the Senate was corrupted and Consuls were all corrupted.
So Rome was a ****ed up Republic\Empire from day 1.

No, the Senate and consuls were not corrupted. As if that you was saying is truth, then all medieval monarch were corrupted because they waged wars to gain more power. :razz:
And second thing, isn't that a little bit hypocritical to call a most advanced nation of that time a ****ed up? They should be a role model for the present governments. :wink:

So what we currently have is a wall of text with no proof of much, if any, progress. We have words, but words are wind, especially with Roman mods. No offense but when one sees a new thread for a Roman mod created by a person who presumably has no modding experience as he's a Pitchfork on the forums they ask these questions. As it appears you have a researcher and a coder, there's not going to be any meat or substance to the mod. What I'd recommend is you put the project on hold until you known you can assemble a team, show your work, work on a mod to gain experience, and most importantly make yourself known. There are many, many potential modders who fail because instead of playing in the kiddie pool they dive from the 50 foot ladder into the deep end and drown. Please, don't drown, it makes a mess, especially when you flounder. I'd just give this a break, lock the thread, and build up a solid idea, and content.

P.S: The Romans you show on your cover photo are imperial Romans of about 50-100 A.D, not Republican.

-Signed,

A modder who's drowned himself three times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom