MB II Banner Lord suggestions

Users who are viewing this thread

Improved bot AI:
While I'm sure this is an obvious point and has always been an ongoing concern, I'd like to see more realistic reactions.  In real war it wasn't just a "RAHHHG ATTACK BLITZKREIG!" It actually was more like pulses of aggression where you back off, then attack again and repeat.  It would be nice to see something like this in larger battles instead of a big cluster moshpit.  Bots should also actively attempt to concave their enemy when possible.  Far too often a large battle is just all bots in one large clump which is entirely inefficient and unrealistic.

Friendly Fire against your own bots with melee:
This is self explanatory, make it a toggle-able option to add depth to the game.  Included with this option; horses should bump friendly allies and bots should attempt avoid bumping team mates.

Cleaving multiple opponents:
This should occur when at a certain sweet spot in your sword's length because it's highly unlikely you can cut a man in half with your sword hitting him near the hilt and continue through to another aggressor.  Obviously damage should be reduced and armour should help to resist this.  Heavier weapons should have a easier time cleaving for clear reasons.

I have more to list but this is all I have time for at the moment, I may update this thread.

RockerJesse said:
Cleaving multiple opponents:
This should occur when at a certain sweet spot in your sword's length because it's highly unlikely you can cut a man in half with your sword hitting him near the hilt and continue through to another aggressor.  Obviously damage should be reduced and armour should help to resist this.  Heavier weapons should have a easier time cleaving for clear reasons.
What sweet spot? Have you actually tried cutting through multiple armoured dummies with a sword? Did it work? Was it used in real life? I don't think so...
"Tactical AI" was already done by the community on the forums, so they will probadlly add something similar to the game.
Melee friendly damage was already done in multiplayer, so I don't see that as a problem.

And a suggestion: More complicated and immerse use of shield. Adding some directions of blocking with a shield, if not blocked properly, you get off balance and your enemy gets an opening.

The sweet spot would be located near the tip of the sword.  Depicted via physics; it is the most powerful area on the sword, yields less surface area increasing in power while at the same time short enough to cut through cloth and light armor with minimal resistance with plenty of potential energy to continue through to another target.  Whether I have done it in real life is irrelevant, when is the last time you cut through two pig carcass' flesh to test this?

Obviously the damage would be very minimal with just enough to interrupt depending on the armour of the second target.

Back
Top Bottom