MB Barracks Editor Package [v2.46 25.03.2015]

Users who are viewing this thread

Hello! Is it possible to add new castles on the map with this editor? I've downloaded it and tried adding them by simply going into parties, right clicking, add new, and putting in the coordinates and other things that had to be filled out. However it never showed up on the map and I'm guessing it's a little more complicated then that. Any ideas?

kingluke2222 said:
Hello! Is it possible to add new castles on the map with this editor? I've downloaded it and tried adding them by simply going into parties, right clicking, add new, and putting in the coordinates and other things that had to be filled out. However it never showed up on the map and I'm guessing it's a little more complicated then that. Any ideas?
Hi. To be honest I have never tried to modify map myself, but Zerilius made a good tutorial how to add new TOWN to the game (will be easier with castle - less npc, interiors):

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,190185.msg4551007.html#msg4551007

It is for module_system, but if you do not have one for your mod, you should be able to change corresponding .txt files manually (make copy of original ones first!!!).

k0nr@d said:
kingluke2222 said:
Hi. To be honest I have never tried to modify map myself, but Zerilius made a good tutorial how to add new TOWN to the game (will be easier with castle - less npc, interiors):

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,190185.msg4551007.html#msg4551007

It is for module_system, but if you do not have one for your mod, you should be able to change corresponding .txt files manually (make copy of original ones first!!!).

Silly me! I forgot you had to create a new game. Your editor works perfectly!
Thanks for the quick reply though.

editor exe can't read folder paths with spaces, and I can't remove the space because it's a steam version and if I do I risk glitching steam's. that shouldn't be hard to fix...

xdj1nn said:
editor exe can't read folder paths with spaces, and I can't remove the space because it's a steam version and if I do I risk glitching steam's. that shouldn't be hard to fix...
I have just checked and editor works fine even when there are spaces in the folder path. Path like that is shown on the first picture on the front page.

Moderator:
Nice tool.
However, I am a spreadsheet wiz and would like to use the spreadsheet version.
I cannot get it to import anything or even show items/troops.
I seems to be searching for Napoleonic wars as well even though I clearly selected my submod in the popup blue screen.
This screen indicates that it has found the itemkinds and troops files, but when I click items or troops, it quickly displays a list of items then they disappear. Then I get a black popup screen with options on the borders.
However, nothing appears in this editor no matter what I try.
When I try the import button from the first blue screen, Excel freezes up and I have to manually end task.
Please provide clear instructions on how to make this work with Excel 2010.

gdwitt said:
Moderator:
Nice tool.
I seems to be searching for Napoleonic wars as well even though I clearly selected my submod in the popup blue screen.
This screen indicates that it has found the itemkinds and troops files, but when I click items or troops, it quickly displays a list of items then they disappear. Then I get a black popup screen with options on the borders.
When I try the import button from the first blue screen, Excel freezes up and I have to manually end task.
Could you upload ITEM_KINDS1.TXT, TROOPS.TXT, FACTIONS.TXT from your submod and send me PM with link, please?

There is a option in standalone version to export data as .csv, which can be opened in spreadsheet.

Hey,amazing work you did here,but i have a question.How do i edit my own Knighthood Order Troops in Prophesy of Pendor mod?I just dont know the right troop name in the troop list

gdwitt said:
Moderator:
Nice tool.
I have more or less the same problem with Excel 2010.

When i open the excel file it tells me to point the mod folder (or to troops.txt), that's what i do, but nothing happens, and i have to end excel through task manager (it says "use exit button" that i cannot find).

I would like to export all the PoP troops to a printable (possibily in 1-2 pages) version, or to an excel file, but i cannot do it and i would need to know the steps.

I don't even know if i have to use the .exe file or the .xls actually, sorry but i am a noob with macros and advanced excel

savior said:
gdwitt said:
Moderator:
Nice tool.
I have more or less the same problem with Excel 2010.

When i open the excel file it tells me to point the mod folder (or to troops.txt), that's what i do, but nothing happens, and i have to end excel through task manager (it says "use exit button" that i cannot find).

I would like to export all the PoP troops to a printable (possibily in 1-2 pages) version, or to an excel file, but i cannot do it and i would need to know the steps.

I don't even know if i have to use the .exe file or the .xls actually, sorry but i am a noob with macros and advanced excel
Please:
- put excel file (MB Barracks Editor.xls) in ...\Mount&Blade Warband\Modules,
- select your mod,
- then press IMPORT button to import data from selected mod.

Or, which I personally prefer, open MB Barracks Editor.exe:
- in the main window press ... on the bottom of the window to specify path to the module system ("...\Mount&Blade Warband\Modules"),
- select your mod,
- then e.g. TROOPS,
- in the new window EXPORT -> TABLE.CSV.

Many thanks k0nr@d, I managed to do it this way. I was pointing to the folder where the mod is, but i did not run the .exe from the same folder.

+ Honor for you!

Just wondering; for the troops editor in the Barracks Editor, what does "allw. fall dead" mean? I'm attempting to allow lords and kings to be killed, without changing their hero status.

Sir Hodor said:
Just wondering; for the troops editor in the Barracks Editor, what does "allw. fall dead" mean? I'm attempting to allow lords and kings to be killed, without changing their hero status.
As far as I know, unit with "always fall dead" flag checked can not be imprisoned by player (after battle it does not appear on prisoners list). 

It seems to me that swords are handicapped by the stab animation. I mean piercing attack  can useful in MP, so I heard, but the game engine doesn't handle it well in my opinion. You have to be mobile for it to deal any damage at all. Most of the time stabbing attacks are just wasted.

Another problem are lances. While deadly on the charge, the AI doesn't seem to know when to switch out of them in melee, leading to awkward stab motions.

Back
Top Bottom