Resolved Maybe this isn't a bug so much as this is a suggestion. Is there no longer a follow command?

Users who are viewing this thread

So i'm supposed to be following a merchant caravan. I'm faster then the caravan though so it is a real pain to be constantly clicking. In Warband you could right click any other thing on the campaign map which brought up a little sub menu allowing you to follow something. Is this still in the game but accessed in a different way?

Double click the party you want to follow.
Yes there is. In battle: F1 to select movement and then F2 to order them to follow. The order system isn't that intuitive. Also pressing numbers 1-9 will select different groupings.

Both of these responses are incorrect. Double clicking speeds the game up to full speed and engages the party you double clicked on when you reach them, and i'm not talking about getting my troops to follow me in battle. I'm talking about following a party on the campaign map. Meaning matching there speed and not engaging with them when you reach them.

Last edited:
Hello, sorry for the late reply. We have fixed a considerable amount of the problems we have encountered so far and improved the game performance with the multiple patches we have released. Please make sure that your game, your drivers, and OS are up to date and the game has necessary permissions over your security software. Please let us know if the problem persists after completing these steps and verifying the integrity of the game files through Steam.

You can follow a group by pressing the left alt key and then click on the target. Only works though if you are at least as fast as the target. If you are slower, e.g. because of herd size, too many prisoners or other reasons, you won't be able to keep up.
If you are faster, no problem, you keep your distance.
As for the caravan ambush quest, I usually wait 5 to 7 seconds before alt-clicking and I never got complaints and it always worked.

Back
Top Bottom