Status
Not open for further replies.

Swyter

Grandmaster Knight
Only a simple suggestion, as always?
What about adding a
Code:
[MEDIA=youtube][/MEDIA]
tag so our fellow modders can post their trailers and previews?

Otherwise you can re-enable the
Code:
[flash][/flash]
tag. Maybe others use them for embedding games. 
But I could use it for adding a Star Wars Conquest registering system or something like that.

Also, as the manual of good practices says: You shouldn't allow them in the signatures.  :smile:
I think it's a yet reasonable suggestion.

Magorian Aximand said:
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,132059.msg3182970.html#msg3182970
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,62967.0.html

It's been suggested before.

Surely. But I don't see a negative response anywhere.

Everyone who in the previous post that claims severe slowdowns: I'm Web developer myself and there isn't any coherent relationship between the causes. Are you kidding?

Direct flash embedding may cause some kind of data collector/ trojan / spam /exploit trouble but direct embedding the YouTube player is secure and harmless. Also, as you may know. It doesn't starts to stream data until you press the Play button.

@Janus: Here I am bothering you again. If you want something easy maintainable simply add a custom Tag. No extra mods are needed.
http://tinyurl.com/4jsxlx8

That's all for now.  :smile:

I'll admit, I don't know where to find it, but I'm 99% sure that Janus has said that it won't happen in the past. It's really not needed, any how.

Swyter said:
Magorian Aximand said:
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,132059.msg3182970.html#msg3182970
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,62967.0.html

It's been suggested before.

Surely. But I don't see a negative response anywhere.

Everyone who in the previous post that claims severe slowdowns: I'm Web developer myself and there isn't any coherent relationship between the causes. Are you kidding?

Direct flash embedding may cause some kind of data collector/ trojan / spam /exploit trouble but direct embedding the YouTube player is secure and harmless. Also, as you may know. It doesn't starts to stream data until you press the Play button.

@Janus: Here I am bothering you again. If you want something easy maintainable simply add a custom Tag. No extra mods are needed.
http://tinyurl.com/4jsxlx8

That's all for now.  :smile:

My point was more along the lines of that you should have used the search function and posted in the pre-existing and appropriate threads.

Pharaoh Llandy said:
Archonsod said:
Too much scope for playing silly buggers with it.

Not to mention it would positively kill my phone, which is comparable to 56k dialup speeds. If that.

Your phone doesn't support flash = No load.

If you're talking about WAP/2 mode. It doesn't even shows the images or spoilers. Why are you bothering about a Youtube video. Stuff apart from the Mobile Firefox /Android /Safari (iScrap families) doesn't even pass the SMF web Agent redirector.

That means -1 problems for your forum mobile needs. About kids, who bothers? They're can do exactly what they're currently doing with Internet's stupid meme images. I don't see more problem.

The report button isn't for nothing after all. The benefits far outweigh the disadvantages.
You can try it for a while, and if simply don't results. Disable it again...

Only an admin2admin tip.  :idea:

Austupaio said:
Swyter said:

You're.. smug.

That doesn't helps. I've been doing themes for SMF for three years. Helping to admin some communities. It's a fact.
I only want to differentiate from the rest of suggestions knowing that they're really useful by experience.
Catch it?

Swyter said:
Your phone doesn't support flash = No load.

My phone supports youtube, and I sure as hell don't want that **** embedded in posts.

If you're talking about WAP/2 mode. It doesn't even shows the images or spoilers.

I'm talking about the time I switch to full-view, so that I can see images and spoilers, and use some useful functions such as quoting peoples' posts, seeing the date and times of posts, and so forth, which WAP2 doesn't support.

Why are you bothering about a Youtube video.

Why are you bothering about a youtube video? That's what youtube is for.

I don't see more problem.

I see Arch already said no. Good enough for me.

The benefits far outweigh the disadvantages.

No, they really don't.

OMG u r an admin? Oh that's so kewl? Can I be an admin too? I will send you nakid pix if you make me an admin. R u a cute boy as well? ASL???!  ^___^

Pharaoh Llandy said:
OMG u r an admin? Oh that's so kewl? Can I be an admin too? I will send you nakid pix if you make me an admin. R u a cute boy as well? ASL???!  ^___^

Excuse me for trying to suggest something useful, whoever you are. This site is getting worse and worse with that kind of immature comments.
I needed that for embedding my module's next trailer.

Keep writing stupid responses as you want.
I'm going to do something useful.

Swyter said:
Excuse me for trying to suggest something useful, whoever you are. This site is getting worse and worse with that kind of immature comments.

Llandy has been here for... a pretty much eternal time, so it's not technically getting worse. :razz:

Topic: Well, it would be kinda useful, but not entirely necessary. We survived without it. :wink:

Swyter said:
Austupaio said:
You're.. smug.
That doesn't helps. I've been doing themes for SMF for three years. Helping to admin some communities. It's a fact.
I only want to differentiate from the rest of suggestions knowing that they're really useful by experience.
Catch it?

I'm pretty sure you've made some other suggestion here before that no one wanted, and you were really smug about that too.

Swyter said:
Excuse me for trying to suggest something useful, whoever you are.

Pharaoh Llandy. That's two L's.

This site is getting worse and worse with that kind of immature comments.

No, it got worse and worse with the massive influx of newbies when the game started getting popular. Idiocy in general makes the site worse, but I love how you disregarded the rest of my post (and all of its valid points) and fixated on the one part that wasn't actually serious.

Except the naked pix thing. I'll PM some to you if you make me an admin at whatever other forums you're "the big man" on.

I needed that for embedding my module's next trailer.

What you need =/= what the forum needs. And technically, you don't need it, you want it. You could easily just post a link to a trailer on youtube, or anywhere else that will allow hosting.

Keep writing stupid responses as you want.

Okay! ^_^

I'm going to do something useful.

Pharaoh Llandy: 342
Newbies: 0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom