Maximillian Mexican Empire

Users who are viewing this thread

baskonia

Veteran
EDIT by Gabby:
I split this Topic and hope it will get a lot of feedback, since this part is not very much developed yet but I particulary like it!!
  :wink:

....some progress in the Mexican empire?

I can not wait to see Mexican troops in the game !!  :mrgreen:

camerone.jpg

French legionnaires fighting in Mexico.

The Battle of Puebla (1862)

gale24913b%255B1%255D.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=61ekJKrF-zA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3rQid9_H6E&feature=related

A beautiful video of the battle  :mrgreen:

CONFEDERATES IN MEXICO !!!!  :lol: :lol: :lol:

After the Civil War in the US many former Confederates went to Mexico where they established the colony of "Carlota" in Veracruz. As the US government had long supported the republicans under Juarez with money, men and guns the Confederates were natural allies of Emperor Maximilian and the French who had come close to recognizing the CSA.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQQ5S33XUCM&feature=relmfu

belgian legion in mexico

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UyA3b2ytxL4&feature=relmfu

Long Live Imperial Mexico !!

Long Live the CSA !!

Long Live the Batallón de San Patricio !!

Great job Bask!! :cool:
That clears some things out and helps all of us to see things in a different and more historical way  :cool:

Please post a list of

-Towns in which Maximillian took power and where some battles were fought (like puebla, etc) and all their positions on the mexican map
-Regiments that were employed on each side
-PICS of major uniforms, with description, please (you can get some from Historical Topic...but some are still missing... :oops: )

Thx
Gab

Hi, I recently read a book about the French Invasion of Mexico (1862-67) I've had exams lately but I'll try to help on the research on this subject and specially on the French army because they were very efficient. A simple example is the battle of Camerone that is legendary regarding the "Légion Etrangère". I'll try to get to it soon.
And again I love your cool mod, I'm a real fan.
Cheers from France.

Fiodor Malfraxovitch said:
Hi, I recently read a book about the French Invasion of Mexico (1862-67) I've had exams lately but I'll try to help on the research on this subject and specially on the French army because they were very efficient. A simple example is the battle of Camerone that is legendary regarding the "Légion Etrangère". I'll try to get to it soon.
And again I love your cool mod, I'm a real fan.
Cheers from France.
Ohh...mamma mia!
Sorry for late answer.... :oops:
Thx for your kind words and support, I d need definetely a help on that side.
Pls check new added Topics on this Thread, regarding France/ Mexican War.
Gabby

Hi in France we are going back to school so I won't have as much time as before but I've already done some research.I've found maps models of soldiers and of important characters.I've seen the troop tree that was done in the troop thread and I agree with the first tree for the French troops.On the other hand the belgians and the austrians we're efficient but they arrived at the end of the war and were just used, for the austrians, for instance as the empereur's guard. However the belgians really got hurt when they were out in the open because of their lack of experience in the guerilla warfare that the mexicans did.

Hi Fiodor. BB posted this guide post 2 weeks ago. It is relly easy to use it. Hope you have some goodies for us as info on French uniforms, maps and pretty much everything from Mexican adventure are hard to find on web. I didn't have too much luck.

Mark, got to this link: https://tw.greywool.com/i/       

Then upload it to that tool,  copy the spoiler code and paste that into a post. That way the whole image wont display on the screen unless someone clicks the spoiler tab like the following one for example

If anyone is interested to help out, this is the place. As a sixth faction Gabby decided to go with France and Maximillian. This way we will have 6 factions each in war with at least one wich is historicaly correct. Newest update will have USA vs CSA, Settlers vs Indians and Mexico vs France and Maximillian.
Anyway, Gabby is going step by step so if you will post here please try to stay on topic and that is Maximillian in Mexico.
What do we need?
1. Maps with military movement, towns in which Maximillian took power and where some battles were fought (like puebla, etc) and all their positions on the mexican map with year if possible
2. Pics of uniforms with description
3. Other interesting sites and points in Mexico (Gabby has Oregon and Sant Fe trail stations, mines, trading posts...) that can be shown on the ingame map
4. Other stuff you think will help us out

If anyone is a good with making uniforms we would more then welcome him.

Anyway, if you are ready to help just post here.

Nice job Jur! Thank you very much. I have sent you a pm so please answer when you will have some free time.

Thanx guys. By curtesy of Mr. Radetzky (Thanx a lot man. You saved us some serious time on searching for stuff) I got in possesion of this book "Osprey - Men at Arms 272 - The Mexican Adventure 1861-67" (google for it and you will find free copies).
Fantastic book from wich we got almost all we needed; army movements, important pearsons, uniforms....

What we could use is following stuff:
1. Other interesting sites and points in Mexico (Gabby has Oregon and Sant Fe trail stations, mines, trading posts...) that can be shown on the ingame map
- so far Jur1974 found one silver mine. Big thanx for that Jur
2. List of forts with their locations
3. Pictures of Mexican villages and towns in 1860's

If you really want to help please read this and try to find stuff I have listed above. It will be much appreciated.

Great find Jur, especially on uniforms. Anyway, please read my post and try to find stuff from the list.
We can always come back to uniforms later and for now most pressing issue is map. Please don't get offended or something, as I am just trying to keep this thread simple and clear so we can easily use it when we will need info from it.

What we could use is following stuff:
1. Other interesting sites and points in Mexico (Gabby has Oregon and Sant Fe trail stations, mines, trading posts...) that can be shown on the ingame map
- so far Jur1974 found one silver mine. Big thanx for that Jur
2. List of forts with their locations
3. Pictures of Mexican villages and towns in 1860's

If you really want to help please read this and try to find stuff I have listed above. It will be much appreciated.

...just a super fast THX to all new and old helpers, expecially but not only, Bask, Jur, Fiodor .... and all up above!
Marecone is working like a heavy duty tough mule...and I m afraid I generated another "Gabby kind Monster" !! hehehe  :mrgreen:
I KNOW some uniforms are still imperfect but:
1- something is better than nothing...and most are close to real ones, anyway
2- I cannot roll the whole thing alone. I need some research, help and even just coloring existing uniforms that can fit.
3- Mod is in progress. I want shortly another closed beta out, and things can be changed, modified and fixed later.
In a perfect Gabby' s style, I want my Supporters to PLAY and enjoy.
They will not have to wait for ever like some Mods that never got realized, full of promises, great pics and Topics, but that never gave a chance to be played even once !

I am working hard, Marecone also, BB is helping a lot...and shortly I might have some surprises on great artists making  some masterpieces!! 

In the meanwhile, general rule to keep our motivation high:

---criticize once and ....compliment twice !!!  :mrgreen: ----​

It was a superhuman work that was done, and before Marecone took his sabre to help out, I mostly had to do all myself...and some pics are old and have been already modified....(wait to see new indians!!  :cool: )

I m posting few cuz I m busy a lot!!  :twisted:

Thx as usual to the best supporters of you!!
Gabby

From this modest space, I want to thank GABRILDURO, and also to Marecone, for the great work they are doing.

These people with their hard work and great sacrifice, they are making a dream come true for many of us, a Far West game!

You are doing yourselves a NEW GAME !!!

A new game based on the Wild West, which has not only Indians, cowboys, Yankee and Confederate patriots, but also has Mexican and French!

No other complete game as far west as this.

Therefore, I want to give my deepest thanks.

Really, at heart, many, many thanks.

Back
Top Bottom